Shine

Hero Factory 2011

Welcome to the Savage Planet!

Hero Factory 2011, Wave 2

Heroes:

rocka.jpg

Attention Rocka! Red alert on jungle planet Quatros. Witch Doctor is trying to remove all of the planet’s Quaza.

If he succeeds, the planet will die. Stop him before it’s too late!

The planet is crawling with beasts under his control, so use your double claw combo tool and lion animal power to ward them off.

2143: Rocka 3.0

Pieces: 30

Price: US $7.99

nex.jpg

Action stations! Join Furno amd Stringer on jungle planet Quatros. The planet will be ruined if Witch Doctor finishes taking the planet’s Quaza core.

Time to use your tiger animal power and double-bladed tiger claw in action.

Just watch out for Witch Doctor’s vicious beasts. Intel reports say they like anything metal and shiny.

2144: Nex 3.0

Pieces: 29

stormer.jpg

Stormer! Gather your team and rush to jungle planet Quatros. Assist Rocka in stopping Witch Doctor before he removes the planet’s Quaza and destroys it.

You will need to use your new rhino animal power and dual fold-out blades to fight through the beasts under Witch Doctor’s control to save the planet.

2145: Stormer 3.0

Pieces: 31

bulk.jpg

Calling Bulk! Assist Rocka and Stormer, put an end to the Witch Doctor’s destructive plans. If he removes jungle planet Quatro’s Quaza core, it will break apart.

He must be stopped! Use your wolf animal power to track down Witch Doctor and use your wrist-mounted blades to keep his vicious beasts at bay.

2182: Bulk 3.0

stringer.jpg

Time for action Stringer! Distress signal from jungle planet Quatros indicates that Witch Doctor is extracting the planet’s Quaza core. If he succeeds, the planet is doomed!.

Cover Furno’s back with your black bear animal power and use your triple-bladed bear claw to fend off Witch Doctor’s vicious band of beasts.

2183: Stringer 3.0

furno.jpg

Come in Furno! Your Skills are needed on jungle planet, Quatros. Witch Doctor is removing the planet’s Quaza core and it’s becoming unstable.

You’ll have to stop him before it’s to late!

He’s protected by a group of vicious beasts, so you’re authorized to use your plasma bow and eagle animal power. Good Luck!

2191: Furno 3.0

Pieces: 28

Villains:

waspix.jpg

Attention heroes! The beast they call Waspix has been spotted in your vicinity. It may use its wings to attack from above so keep your eyes peeled!

It also has three stingers and two corrupted Quaza spikes installed by Witch Doctor to control it, so this beast is no pushover!

2231: Waspix

Pieces: 48

Price: US $12.99

rawjaw.jpg

Watch out heroes! Recon has picked up a huge beast header your way.

With the agility and speed of a gorilla and armed with what look like elephant tusks, Raw-Jaw is going to take some stopping, did we mention the corrupted Quaza spike on his back!

2232: Raw-Jaw

Pieces: 55

fangz2.jpg

Heroes! Witch Doctor’s servant, Fangz, has been sighted!

This ferocious beast will defend its master with everything it’s got. Including the jaw-mounted spears and corrupted Quaza spike.

When you see Fangz, you know you are close to Witch Doctor, so set proximity sensor to maximum!

2233: Fangz

Pieces: 55

Large Sets:

scorpio2.jpg

Come in heroes! We don’t want to alarm you but a huge scorpion is headed your way!

With heavy spike-plate armour covering its body, power pincers, tail shooter and corrupted Quaza, this beast is going to make stopping Witch Doctor a little bit harder!

2236: Scorpio

Pieces: 104

Price: US $24.99

rockaxl.jpg

Listen up Rocka! All of the other heroes are busy holding off Witch Doctor’s beasts and they are starting to run low on energy.

Only you have enough power to stop Witch Doctor before he drains jungle planet Quatros of its Quaza. It’s the only way we can save the planet from certain destruction.

Don’t let us down!

2282: Rocka XL

Pieces: 174

Price: US $24.99

witchdoctor.jpg

This is it heroes! Witch Doctor has a nasty plan for jungle planet Quatros, to steal the planet’s very life force, its Quaza!

You must stop him before it’s too late or the planet will break into pieces. You will have to battle through his corrupted helpers, the beasts, to get him!

And keep away from his mighty power staff!

2283: Witch Doctor

Pieces: 331

Price: 29.99

Thanks to Mesonak for finding the CGI pictures! Original hi-res images can be found here.

Alert: Tanker 22 is being attacked by fire Villains!

Hero Factory 2011, Wave 1

**Under Construction** (But really, the sets above are the ones you should be looking at right now!)

Edited by Brickthing
Descriptions added

Oh well, so much for the future of lego constraction-figure lines. I think it's time we just start calling them action figures, since it doesn't seem like we're really getting much construction in 2011 at all. :sadnew:

That's a strange conclussion considering that the Heroes seem to come with a lot more parts than their 2010 incarnations. Even the weapons are composed of multiple parts.

Another strange thing is to thing that smoothness is less LEGO like. It may be less Bionicle-like but the rest of TLG was actually smoother than Bionicle. Another thing is that the new Heroes seem to use System weapons instead of technic stuff. I think TLG is intending to move to a more system-ish theme.

I actually wouldn't worry that much, I do not think TLG ever intended HF to last more than two or three waves. They don't want to repeat the mistake they made at Bionicle, so this may as well be the last wave.

Edit: Oh sorry for that 3D Brickthing. Wouldn't it be possible to move the 2011 posts to the new topic?

Edited by vexorian

Thornax launchers? Again?!

Villains are horrible. Don't ask why.

Heroes are too square, but they have two (!!!) hands.

And the very original names. 2.0, yea) Genius.

Too bad =(

Villains are horrible. Don't ask why.

Heroes are too square, but they have two (!!!) hands.

And the very original names. 2.0, yea) Genius.

Too bad =(

I'll be kind and wait for more pics before I condemn the Villains. Right now all we have are profile shots, and they don't capture the entire figure well.

Haha, you seriously think these sets are HF? Those are the Bionicle ripoffs from a while back. *Gets handed note*

Oh.

Well, then.

They look interesting, but they look like there is WAY too much one-sidedness colors-wise.

Too much yellow, Red and Silver, and the villians all have the same scheme D: .

The heroes look very good though, and glad to see that Stormer and the rookies are returning.

-ES

The list of non-new parts on the Heroes looks to be very short. Could someone make it ?

:laugh:

Still undecided about the villains. I want to like them, but the other half wants me to hate them. I wish we could see more of Stormer. He's cut off quite badly.

Sorry wait, Breeze's helmet? What is that supposed to be?

Edited by The crazy one

The list of non-new parts on the Heroes looks to be very short. Could someone make it ?

That is a plus indeed :classic:

wait a minute... are you fishing for praise for your own work? :tongue:

I am glad that each piece seems much much more multiuse - even though I'm not a fan of the overall look of the models. The slate is blanker, the possibilities are higher!

by the way - lazy :laugh:

spears, spikes, hands, lightsaber bar. 4 molds. :wink:

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

I genuinely don't thinkl they're real.

Mainly because of the resemblence of Thunder and Drilldozer, jetbug and meltdown, and also Xplode and Nitroblast. Too similar for my likes.

Also the new Heroes look like they were made on a cheap CAD programme.

The heroes appear to have elbow and knee articulation and feature a single, standardized helmet design to which various accessories can be attached. The Glatorian head beneath seems to be available in at least three new colors; trans- dkblue, dkgreen, and yellow. There appears to be a total of over thirty five pieces in each set, a considerable jump from the twenty we got this year.

I dunno, Shine. They aren't fully rendered, but there's certainly the possibility that the heads won't be translucent (I always thought it was a shame that the whole detailed head was a translucent piece). Furno and Nex each have translucent lightsaber blades that are rendered as translucent, and Evo and Breez each have spikes that match their heads, and I'm sure those will be opaque...

Also the heads are a new mold - glatorian-esque in connection, sure, but not glatorian. Look at the chin.

I genuinely don't thinkl they're real.

Mainly because of the resemblence of Thunder and Drilldozer, jetbug and meltdown, and also Xplode and Nitroblast. Too similar for my likes.

Also the new Heroes look like they were made on a cheap CAD programme.

Silliness. :grin:

The authenticity isn't being debated - these are from the same retailer catalog as the rest of the sets being discussed around the site.

Final or prototype, sure, up for debate. if you think it's a lazy modeling, it could well be unfinished, but it's not 'fake'.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

Set numbers and names just in case:

2063 Stormer 2.0

2067 Evo 2.0

2068 Nex 2.0

2142 Breez 2.0

2068 Furno 2.0

???? Surge 2.0

2192 Drilldozer

2193 Jetbug

2194 Nitroblast

I find it odd the hero numbers are not in sequence. It could have something to do with 2064 being a promotional set. I think LEGO is running out of four digit numbers...

They are still the best launcher design so far. TLG should seriously wait 2 more years or so before intending to change them, if it is not broken do not fix it...

Edited by vexorian

Maybe.

- Glatorian hands

- Lightsaber blades

- Minifig spears

- The bladey spiky things from the Crystal King.

That's all I can see so far.

But I am still geeking over the saw/blade combo weapons on Nex and Breez.

Revised my opinions on these:

Awwwww, I was hoping they'd use the Hero build for at least one more year :cry_sad: .

Heroes:

Eeeeh, I don't like that they don't have many axle holes, just the rods, this makes me sad, the posable limbs are nice, I guess, but waaaaah I want the old HF style back D: .

Villians:

GAAAAAAAH.

WHAT ARE THOSE THINGS?!

Like the Heroes, these aren't as good-looking as the first wave :sceptic: .

And WHY DO THEY HAVE THE SAME COLORS.

Overall, these things are gonna need to look REALLY good out of the package if I'm gonna buy them, I don't remember ANY sets looking this bad in even the Preliminarys.

The System sets I saw look AWESOME though.

But SW is looking to be stupidly priced AGAIN.

-ES

- Glatorian hands

Look closely at Furno, then count the fingers and examine the mold, and then compare it to an old Hero.

Edited by The crazy one

Hey, those guys can totally pull off a "Haters Gonna Hate" pose. Perfect.

Anyways, I only have two complaints about these heroes, one, Stormer, Furno, and Surge lose their awesome color schemes, and second, not a huge fan of the new helmet gear for EVERYONE.

The villains are awesome.

Edited by CabooseBM

I just can't find anything to like in these new heroes. Maybe it will look better in better pictures, and I really hope it does, but I'm not holding my breath. Bendable knees and elbows is welcome, but if this is the price that has to be paid then no thanks LEGO, you can have it back. These new things have none of the streamlined finesse of the previous heroes, didn't even attempt to at the very least resemble Bionicle a bit so that it would seem that the line kind of still lives, and they above all just seem so... blockish and clumsy. It was as if someone decided "Oh, let's slap as much armor on them as we can and not care how it looks, kids will love the new pieces anyway!". This is overkill, and it doesn't look good at all. The helmet's are terrible, as if someone plastered night-goggles to a top hat. I can't make out much of the weapons, but from the looks of it they make me neither warm or cold.

The heroes from 2010 perfected the Agori/Av-Toran kind of build. Some liked it, some didn't, but at the very least they looked nice, smooth and streamlined and heroic, capable of caching villains. These clumsy hulking terrors that are the new heroes ditched all that perfection to try something new, which is a nice idea, but it fails so miserably. If I had to be honest, these Heroes make me think I'm looking at a new Duplo line for little kids. That's how blocky and clumsy they look. Very, if not extremely dissapointed and there is no way one of those things is ever going to get in this house.

The villains don't look much better, but at least they kept using some recognizable Bionicle parts instead of ditching that altogether.

Just my opinion on the new sets based on what we've seen. Maybe better pics will change it, maybe it won't. I guess I'm sounding kinda harsh, but it's just my own opinion, and if you do like the heroes or villains, hey, be my guest. It's a free world. I think.

In the 2010 topic, I mentioned that I'm not as impressed by these as I was with the 2010 ones. But some of these comments are acting as if "fewer axle holes" is the same as "no building involved". Have you considered that, seeing as Hero Factory is not and has never been BIONICLE, LEGO might not have qualms about transitioning to a different "building interface". It looks to me like a lot of the parts have holes for standard minifig-grippable rods. Perhaps that could be the core connection style of a new interface?

And yeah, the heads and hands are both new, further solidifying Hero Factory as a new theme separate from BIONICLE. Interestingly, all the joints are the more structurally sound Ben 10 style. Makes one wonder if the Hero Factory sets might have been designed before the Ben 10 sets, and the Ben 10 sets were just released earlier to avoid reducing the profitability of the Stars and possibly for cross-promotion with the film Ben 10: Alien Swarm.

All the Bionicle parts moulds (molds for you US people) has been scraped and melted into statues of past LEGO designers.

Yay! So many new pieces and we finally get bendable agori sized limbs! The helmets with utility pieces are a neat idea (granted, they look a bit weird on these pictures) and I like that we are getting Glatorian heads in new colors. :)

The armor design on the good guys is a bit bland and the villains have very, very wild color schemes but they do feature some neat new pieces. (the torso piece on JetBug is just yummy and we get shin armor pieces)

The names are a serious improvement over the last year and the 2.0 version thing is delightfully cheezy. :)

(sorry for not being too negative)

All the Bionicle parts moulds (molds for you US people) has been scraped and melted into statues of past LEGO designers.

Hahahaha thats a good one.

Wait... Front?

OH SH-

Not all, right? After all, System sets still use Thornax Launchers and Zamor Spheres, and (if these pics are to be trusted), some parts like Piraka feet will continue to be used. I know you can't verify anything about next year's sets, but surely these parts count as "BIONICLE parts".

I'll take 2.0 over "Duncan Bulk" any day of the week.

OH GOD LEGO WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO THIS AWESOME THEME?!

HF had potential, it could've been great, but Lego had to go and do this.

And if Front isn't kidding, I AM SSOOOOOOOOO PISSED RIGHT NOW.

I miss the Inika build, and, y'know what? I think I preffered small sets to not have knees and elbows, the 2010 heroes didn't have them, and I'd say it isn't detrimental to their awesome factor.

-ES

Nice to see both yellow and orange are back. Haha.

My only problem with the Heroes are their helmets/masks. Really disappointed by them. They seem to be the same basic template, but have different add-ons...I liked this year's helmets a lot better. :'(

That being said, ARTICULATED LIMBS! WOOOOOOOOO!