Shine

Hero Factory 2011

I finally got my hero today. After having seen him in person, and actually tried modifying the legs - that I was finding too long - the smaller leg piece makes him too short, so he'll stay with the original legs, in the end. Too bad I actually ordered the leg pieces on Bricklink before reciveing the hero...

But enough talk, here is Max Breaker 2.0 :

dscn70202.jpg

dscn70222.jpg

Edited by _shaddow_

I finally got my hero today. After having seen him in person, and actually tried modifying the legs - that I was finding too long - the smaller leg piece makes him too short, so he'll stay with the original legs, in the end. Too bad I actually ordered the leg pieces on Bricklink before reciveing the hero...

But enough talk, here is Max Breaker 2.0 :

This is the first time I've seen the blended chest piece in real life, and dang if it doesn't look good. I wonder if there will ever be blended chest armor in regular sets, or perhaps alternate color combinations in future updates to Hero Recon Team.

Nice hero design, too. Simple, but effective.

if you just ordered it than you will most likely have to wait 21 days for it to arrive

Well, I ordered him the day after Easter, so maybe a little sooner.

Monday I reported the arrival of my Recon HERO....now it's his turn for good quality pictures....I proudly present:

Anthony Stealth Breaker

screen_shot_2011-05-05_at_11.32.13_am.png

Back (with silver Inika shoulder plate):

screen_shot_2011-05-05_at_11.32.56_am.png

Pose:

screen_shot_2011-05-05_at_11.34.04_am.png

Versus Thunder:

screen_shot_2011-05-05_at_11.35.17_am.png

Energy Bow and Flamethrower:

screen_shot_2011-05-05_at_11.35.53_am.png

(edited with properly sized images)

Edited by Jetrax99
Linked massive pictures! Please keep the resolution under 800x600 for photos posted directly into the thread.

Although pics of the recon heroes are nice, I think it would also be interesting to see things like the packaging they come in and the instructions (if any).

Taken per vexorian's request

Box Front:

screen_shot_2011-05-05_at_11.36.43_am.png

Box Back:

screen_shot_2011-05-05_at_11.36.58_am.png

Custom Manual Front:

screen_shot_2011-05-05_at_11.37.17_am.png

Custom Manual Back:

screen_shot_2011-05-05_at_11.37.35_am.png

Skills and Stats:

screen_shot_2011-05-05_at_11.38.03_am.png

Agent Sticker:

screen_shot_2011-05-05_at_11.36.10_am.png

(also edited with properly sized images)

Edited by Jetrax99
Same reason as above

I stand up and applaud to Lego, this is very professional, the design, the set. You should put photos of the instructions. Unfortunately I live in Argentina... I would like to order my hero "Richard Viper". Your hero looks very good, I love that colors, it's a good notice that flame shell comes with your hero.

After seeing all those nice pics I'm pondering to also create and order a hero. It looks really nice.

John flame viper shipped only this morning. :hmpf_bad: Now I have to wait another six or seven days for him to arrive. (well learned halo fans will see a reference in the name. :laugh: )

John flame viper shipped only this morning. :hmpf_bad: Now I have to wait another six or seven days for him to arrive. (well learned halo fans will see a reference in the name. :laugh: )

> John is the name of Master Chief and a bajillion other people

> Flame Viper has nothing to do with anything as far as I know

> ???

I'm considering ordering a Hero covered in purple spikes. I just can't decide what color armor I want. I'll probably give him a yellow and a blue arm armor piece like Evo/Surge so I can have matching pairs. Maybe a green arm armor piece om his torso to match Breez.

John-117 also known as Master Chief/Ch33f. :wink:

To both of you two who knew,that was the only reference,but you spotted and posted it first! I was browsing through the names,saw john,and the name immediately said master chief to me.So I picked that name because they did not have the one I wanted.

Edited by krystalKING

> John is the name of Master Chief and a bajillion other people

> Flame Viper has nothing to do with anything as far as I know

> ???

I'm considering ordering a Hero covered in purple spikes. I just can't decide what color armor I want. I'll probably give him a yellow and a blue arm armor piece like Evo/Surge so I can have matching pairs. Maybe a green arm armor piece om his torso to match Breez.

Are those pieces available as arm armor on Hero Recon Team? I think they're only available as torso armor, but I could be wrong.

Are those pieces available as arm armor on Hero Recon Team? I think they're only available as torso armor, but I could be wrong.

They're only available on the Torso armour, which also prevents you from having a Hero chest plate (a Hero Core does go on top though). So you can choose between no shoulder armour and a decent looking Hero or one shoulder armour piece on the torso and your Hero looking ridiculous. :sceptic:

If you're planning on using a Hero as a parts pack, I think it will almost always work out cheaper using Pick-A-Brick instead, unless you want the exclusive Chestpiece.

Haha, John Flame Viper is the name of the Hero I made and ordered the day hero recon opened. I got him in the mail last Friday but lack a camera so no pics. Here's the link to his page though: John Flame Viper

Jetrax99: Thanks for the pics.

I think this will threaten to make design-by-me-esque stuff mainstream.

So I went to my Lego store in hopes that they'd have the new pick-a-brick Hero Recon section. Unfortunately, they didn't. =/ They did, however, have most of the summer 2011 sets, save for Star Wars and HF.

I did look at the HF section though, and something astounded me- the villains were in new boxes, even the ones from last year. No longer do they have the giant cumbersome boxes, these new ones have shrunk to almost half the original size. The $13 sets' boxes are now the size of the Hero canisters, and the $20 villains' boxes are now the size of the original $13 sets'. All the backgrounds, however, remained the same, if a bit cramped. I didn't have a camera with me to take any pictures, but it's interesting to tell nonetheless.

I did look at the HF section though, and something astounded me- the villains were in new boxes, even the ones from last year. No longer do they have the giant cumbersome boxes, these new ones have shrunk to almost half the original size. The $13 sets' boxes are now the size of the Hero canisters, and the $20 villains' boxes are now the size of the original $13 sets'. All the backgrounds, however, remained the same, if a bit cramped. I didn't have a camera with me to take any pictures, but it's interesting to tell nonetheless.

Wow, that's interesting news. I've heard about them resizing the box of Plo Koon's starfighter, but $13 sets the size of canisters is tiny, and will mean that the boxes are (finally) crammed full of pieces. Hopefully a restock of sets in a nearby shop will give me the chance to see/buy one of these smaller boxes, just out of curiosity. :laugh:

This makes me happy. I'd rather get a little box crammed full than a giant box that is lonely and empty and sad.

This makes me happy. I'd rather get a little box crammed full than a giant box that is lonely and empty and sad.

See, I'm a bit different. I preferred the oversized boxes so I had a place to store my larger sets if I got them while at college or otherwise away from home. Preferably I loved the really oversized boxes because I could store multiple fully-built sets in one box and potentially compress the rest. Once the boxes were home I'd cut them up or compress them anyway so the large sizes never caused me any serious problems.

On a side note which may upset/amuse BIONICLE fans, I was at Borders recently and checked the summary listed for the upcoming "LEGO Ninjago Official Guide". Read for yourself:

Ninjago is funny. Ninjago is action-packed. Ninjago is Lego's biggest new initiative since Bionicle!

It's a bold claim, and I'm sure BIONICLE fans will be miffed to hear a zany anime-like adventure story compared to LEGO's epic sci-fi saga, but one has to admit that with a full TV cartoon series in the works, this may not be mere grandstanding-- Ninjago is definitely experiencing the rapid growth that TLG hoped for it to experience.

Looking that up on the Borders website, I also came across this gem: a Ninjago graphic novel written by our good pal Greg Farshtey. Although Greg is often blamed for perceived problems in the later years of the BIONICLE story, people generally agree that the BIONICLE comics (which he wrote since the beginning) had some great writing behind them, so LEGO fans who find themselves in a Borders in November or December might want to check if this book is in stock and maybe flip through the pages.

I'll go and guess that the canisters are still the same size, aren't they?

Boxes, specially the ultra thin ones that TLG have been making are not really that great for storage, a tupper is better, really. You will be able to find pieces more easily as well.

Edited by vexorian

So I went to my Lego store in hopes that they'd have the new pick-a-brick Hero Recon section. Unfortunately, they didn't. =/ They did, however, have most of the summer 2011 sets, save for Star Wars and HF.

Their here? Already! Someone by one of these and make a review, NOW! :D

Their here? Already! Someone by one of these and make a review, NOW! :D

He said SAVE for Star Wars and Hero Factory... Seriously I wish people would read things properly, unless you're referring to other summer sets. Also, out of curiosity, are you sure they had the new Ninjago sets?

Another thing I should point out about the oversize boxes-- an advantage they had was that in general, at least one of the pictures on the box (whether on the front or the back) could show the set at approximately actual size (obviously with some variation based on what was in the background or foreground). I first observed this in the BIONICLE theme and soon enough discovered it applied to other themes too. Needless to say, this would not be possible if, for instance, Jetbug is in a box the size of the hero canisters (even if the box art ends up seeming a bit cramped, Jetbug is frankly just too large to fit on that size box). Not having an actual-size pic of the whole set may make it harder to sell sets, since it will seem like people are getting a smaller product for the same cost.

In general, I do not like the "shrinking boxes" phenomenon. I may warm up to it eventually, but in general it just seems to have a lot of disadvantages with only minor advantages I can expect to benefit from.

I'm glad about the box-change. The old boxes had a load of useless cardboard attached to them, plus I don't keep any card packaging anyway.

EDIT: I'm the 1500th poster in this topic. :grin:

Edited by Omicron Squad Leader