Shine

Hero Factory 2011

All the creatures sans Fangz can talk, I couldn't read who voiced them though.

Really disturbing if you ask me.

Well, I believe the bios on the Hero Factory website said that Waspix could talk, so we knew that already. The rest is a surprise to me, though.

Huh, that preview that Iron Knight mentioned?

Here.

Witch Doctor has sometype of heavy accent on the English dub EDIT: Nevermind, I heard wrong. Doesn't sound a lot like Fred Tatasciore, neither does Rocka sound too Tom Kenny. But you know, they are voice actors after all.

Edited by Vinyl Scratch

Hello, I'm new here and i was wondering, are there any news yet about hero factory 2012?

Not yet, although it seems that it will exist alongside the Marvel/DC Heroes theme. When there is more significant information about it you'd be able to find it in a Hero Factory 2012 thread. :classic:

So... About the combined elements. For what they were built? I couldn't watch the episode here. I can't understand why the episode was aired here in Argentina before in other countries... Anyway I'll try to watch it.

Edited by Zwen

So... About the combined elements. For what they were built? I couldn't watch the episode here. I can't understand why the episode was aired here in Argentina before in other countries... Anyway I'll try to watch it.

Presumably there will be a Design byME, Hero Recon Team, and Pick-A-Brick update in September. The individual parts will probably be available through DbM and PAB, while the combined elements themselves will probably be Hero Recon Team's way of incorporating them while keeping the build process simple.

As for why the build process is kept so simple, my guess is to allow the instruction booklets to be produced more easily, and thus at a lower cost. Also, the simpler design process probably keeps them from having to incorporate more complicated rules deciding how many of each part you can use. Pick-A-Brick has a price for each individual element, and Design byME uses these prices, plus 25%, plus a flat $10 rate for the package as a whole. In contrast, Hero Recon Team has a flat rate of $12.99 for all purchases, and thus there are limitations on the build process to keep things within a certain price range.

I was watching Nicktoons just now, and saw a new trailer for Savage Planet. Very cool, but I'm kinda disapointed because it sounds like Stringer has a different voice actor. Everything else looks cool, all the other charecters sound the same.

I was watching Nicktoons just now, and saw a new trailer for Savage Planet. Very cool, but I'm kinda disapointed because it sounds like Stringer has a different voice actor. Everything else looks cool, all the other charecters sound the same.

Surge sounded like he had a different voice actor in the trailer for Ordeal of Fire, yet in the episode he had the same one. If Stephen Stanton can voice Nitroblast in Ordeal of Fire, I'm sure he can reprise his old role of Stringer in Savage Planet.

I've seen some ads for the Savage Planet special on Nicktoons. It looks way better than Ordeal of Fire! I couldn't even tell that Rocka's voice was SpongeBob.

I couldn't even tell that Rocka's voice was SpongeBob.

Wait, that is? He's a good voice actor apparently. :dlaugh: I'm really looking forward to this. Seems like it could be the best one.

Some confirmation on the 3.0 update for HRT and combined elements, but nothing we already hadn't expected.

Also, on the wolf guy, the 3 armor is positioned forward rather than on the side. Does this mean more creative freedom in the Hero Maker? Doubt it, but we can hope. xp

Those colors are eye-killer @_@

What's up with LEGO without the ability to make proper colour-schemes? As of now only Merrick has a stable colour scheme, the rest is just a mash-up. But eh, it's just me ranting.

Heh, seems the only reason the piece count raised from 31 to 35 is because the paw and the pieces used for the claws.

Still, I can't wait for that update.

I saw another new trailer today for Savage Planet, basically a few new scenes and a couple of ones seen in the previous trailer. I had half a mind to think Rocka XL would not even be in the film, but the trailer shows him kicking some Witch Doctor butt! Saw some of Bulk as well in the trailer, mostly Rocka 2.0 and XL, with alot of Furno as well. Looks like the spotlight shifts back to Furno this time, with Rocka just barely beating him to the cut. Not much of Stormer and Bulk, but Stringer and Nex seem to share the honer for 3rd moat featured charecters (trailer wise, I have not seen the movie yet.)

Nah, Rocka has a rather decent on-screen appearance. This time it's not Stormer and Furno, now it's Stormer, Furno, Rocka and Bulk with Stringer and Nex

Some confirmation on the 3.0 update for HRT and combined elements, but nothing we already hadn't expected.

Also, on the wolf guy, the 3 armor is positioned forward rather than on the side. Does this mean more creative freedom in the Hero Maker? Doubt it, but we can hope. xp

I'm doubtful as well, especially considering past promotional images. I mean, Merrick Fortis himself hasn't even been buildable, let alone these heroes or the ones occasionally featured in the Create & Share portal animation. What I think has been most ironic about the heroes that have appeared in promotional images is that many of them use parts like the "fuel cap" piece from the Fire Villains or Drilldozer's drill piece that aren't even available in HRT.

Those colors are eye-killer @_@

What's up with LEGO without the ability to make proper colour-schemes? As of now only Merrick has a stable colour scheme, the rest is just a mash-up. But eh, it's just me ranting.

Heh, seems the only reason the piece count raised from 31 to 35 is because the paw and the pieces used for the claws.

Still, I can't wait for that update.

The mismatched color schemes are probably just to show off the widest possible variety of pieces in the Hero Creator, and show off that it's not just like the Mission: Von Nebula hero creator where you can only choose two colors, a mask, and a weapon.

I'm sure the increased part number has something to do with the claws, but seeing as it will apply whether or not you use the claws (presumably, anyway) it could also be a consequence of how successful HRT has been so far. Perhaps they've invested more to make the packing process more efficient. Doubtful, but possible.

Yay for Recon update! By the way, Brickthing or some other admin, are you going to do Doc's review? Because I have the time to do it this week, and if no one's going to do it I'm gonna go for it.

Edited by TheRedGuy

Yay for Recon update! By the way, Brickthing or some other admin, are you going to do Doc's review? Because I have the time to do it this week, and if no one's going to do it I'm gonna go for it.

Feel free to make a review, whether or not I make one! :classic: I intend to review him sometime, but first I need to source the set from overseas - New Zealand doesn't import the larger Hero Factory sets. :cry_sad:

Feel free to make a review, whether or not I make one! :classic: I intend to review him sometime, but first I need to source the set from overseas - New Zealand doesn't import the larger Hero Factory sets. :cry_sad:

I guess I'll start writing then. By the way, did anyone notice the new Savage Planet trailer on LEGO.com?

2012 Hero Factory set names have been found by yours truly; unlike the "lists" we've been shown before, these come from a legitimate site that featured the 3.0 names months before release; Link. A search for Hero Factory should bring up the results. Obviously there's someone missing, because there are only five heroes (unless one of the other sets is a new hero, which I heavily doubt.)

Individual set listings;

Breez

Evo

Surge

Rocka

Furno

Jawblade

Splitface

Thornraxx

Black Phantom

Toxic Reapa

I'm kind of in a daze at the moment because I didn't expect to come across these so late in the night; I'm going to get some shut-eye and come in fresh tommorow with my thoughts! Hopefully pictures will surface soon to accompany these names. :laugh:

Edited by Mesonak

2012 Hero Factory set names have been found by yours truly; unlike the "lists" we've been shown before, these come from a legitimate site that featured the 3.0 names months before release; Link. A search for Hero Factory should bring up the results. Obviously there's someone missing, because there are only five heroes (unless one of the other sets is a new hero, which I heavily doubt.)

Individual set listings;

Breez

Evo

Surge

Rocka

Furno

Jawblade

Splitface

Thornraxx

Black Phantom

Toxic Reapa

I'm kind of in a daze at the moment because I didn't expect to come across these so late in the night; I'm going to get some shut-eye and come in fresh tommorow with my thoughts! Hopefully pictures will surface soon to accompany these names. :laugh:

Wow, great find! I expected Rocka, Evo, Surge, and Breez to return, and definetly Furno, but I guess no Stormer this time around. Most of the large sets sound pretty menacing, so we can hope for an awsome year set wise next year! (and with all those MOC parts from Marvel/DC!!)

Individual set listings;

Breez

Evo

Surge

Rocka

Furno

Jawblade

Splitface

Thornraxx

Black Phantom

Toxic Reapa

I just hope LEGO will not megablocks up Black Phantom (talkin' 'bout Von Nebula's character and Fire Lord's set form). I also hope that Stormer is not coming back, because I already hate the fact that Furno is coming back..In my opinion Stormer and Furno are overused.

Well, Savage Planet was broadcasted on TV here on Argentina a few weeks ago. Overall it was a bit better than Ordeal of Fire, way better than the Rise of the Rookies. Two episodes only, the extra 20 minutes of the DVD must be Ordeal of Fire, nice new intro by the way.

Spoiler for, well, spoilers about the show,:

- Nex seems to have feelings for Breez, he was about to fall to his death and before he fell he said "Tell Breez I love her". Don't know if joking or something, but he was in a near-death event.

- Rocka XL was built with... Destroyed Hero parts found in a cave, Nex and Furno upgraded him with the pieces. Strangely, the upgrade seems to disappear at the end.

- Yes, Rocka 3.0 does appear, he isn't like Surge who was upgraded at the end.

- Fred Tatasciore was Witch Doctor and Tom Kenny was Rocka according to the credits, can't tell, it's the Spanish dub, different voice actors.

- Remember that part on the trailer where there seems to be a giant Fangz? The Fangz is not bigger, the heroes are smaller - They passed through a teleporter which modified their molecules making them tiny.

- Furno feels that Rocka is replacing him, so Rocka and Furno are like rivals at first.

That's all the info I can remember from the show.

The spoilers you said has made me even more excited for Savage Planet!

Individual set listings;

Breez

Evo

Surge

Rocka

Furno

Jawblade

Splitface

Thornraxx

Black Phantom

Toxic Reapa

Some of those bad guy names are kind of yucky to me... "Thornraxx" sounds too much like "Thornax", making it even harder for a dedicated BIONICLE fan to pronounce that "rnr" in the middle. And I'm not sure what they're going for with "Toxic Reapa", which looks like it's going for a death-metal-type name with a gangsta-rap-type spelling. Of course, there's the possibility that the names are preliminary, like "Mamut" and "Scorpion" that appeared on boxes at ToyFair, although if the names are the least bit real you'd wonder why the site would be working with something so decidedly non-finalized.

Meanwhile, hero names without qualifiers are quite unusual. Unless there's some "group name" that's just not being included here, then I imagine this would cause major confusion. So yeah, here's hoping that these names aren't exact, even if we take the risk and trust them to be legit.