Sign in to follow this  
Siegfried

Review: 2068 Nex 2.0

indexed.gif

Set Index: Nex 2.0

DSC07027es.JPG

I see (Julius) Nex as the replacement for Jimi Stringer. In any case... Nex 2.0? Where's the 1.0?! He's got a nice cannister though, and those ships in the background makes me hope that TLG experiment with a system crossover line.

DSC07029es.JPG

On the back is the usual combiner as well as the usual massive amount of text.

DSC07067es.JPG

Read it all? As a reward, here is the parts list...

DSC07032es.JPG

...and the parts themselves! Orange and white is a common colour blend for TLG, but I think the green is a new aspect.

DSC07036es.JPG

I love the new metal colours. I think they are the same as the soldiers to the right, but I'm not the best a judging things like that. It's a nice part too!

DSC07131es.JPG

Random instruction page.

DSC07037es.JPG

All of the Heroes have one of the new power cores. I'm a bit undecided if I prefer the unique colours over a consistent colour.

DSC07038es.JPG

It's held into the chest piece via the HF standard shaft. I wonder if anyone will make use of this part as an "I"...

DSC07040es.JPG

I find the top of his mask part a bit odd; to me it's a repetition of his arms!

DSC07041es.JPG

The lower part make me think of a Grid-iron football player.

DSC07043es.JPG

I like his ID panel. I think the printing works especially well on white.

DSC07042es.JPG

Nex reporting for his next game! 10, 42, 36, hut, hut, hut!

DSC07044es.JPG

Oh... he doesn't seem so amused.

DSC07046es.JPG

TLG are a bit conflicted about the correct configuration of this shield, but in this case I prefer the instructions over the cover photo. Thanks to the new ball joint panels the Heroes look quite decent from the side...

DSC07072es.JPG

...at the usual expense of the back. It's especially bad here due to the colour contrast.

DSC07145es.JPG

The face part concept of this line is really smart. To me this one simple part make Nex look far more beefier in the face.

DSC07201es.JPG

Flex!

Ratings

Posability:

It's hard to complain about the posability of the heroes. All have elbows, knees, wrists and ankles. His shield weapon does make posing a bit harder though. 8/10

Parts:

Beefy look aside, at 76 grams he's one of the lighter heroes. While the parts are well made I don't like the new shield piece. 8/10

Looks:

It may be overused, but the orange/while look works well. However it does highlight how nothing the backs are. 8/10

Fudge:

A more solid looking character and excellent articulation! 9/10

Overall:

Let him join your team!. 8/10

Thanks go out to TLG for this exciting new line.

Hmm, I dont know if I like him or not :wacko:. He looks too standard like the rest with a shield/claw/weapon thing. The colour works well but I would have prefered a black Jimmy stringer (Am I thinking of the right one?). I am very interested by the combination model.

Thanks, CB

Good review, but okayish set. And I thought Evo's helmet's resemblence (I spelt this wrong, but anyhow) to a football helmet was quite bad, but this is just bish.

Plus I prefer the cover shield configuration, but too each his own. :tongue:

Uh oh, the back is a really turn off for me. As a Bionicle fan, I stand the back looking worse or plain in comparison, but that thing is a bare naked stick :cry_sad: , makes it feel like the heroes are sticks disguising as heroes. I was loving the set until I saw that.

This is a great review and I really did not expect these things to be reviewed that soon. Thank you for that. Plan reviewing the combiners?

Edited by vexorian

So we're getting two variations of the torso skeleton? Interesting yet weird.

I still like Nex, but I'll definitely have to add some parts to the back. Too bad there weren't any orange heroes last year, or I could use the torso/head/helmet from them on Nex.

Awesome review, but i'm still confused. BZP says that they got the sets early from TLG, but in one of the other review topics here, it says that the 2011 HF sets has hit the stores. wut?

'Sinner', repent of your terrible pun :laugh:

Looks like a great set to me, thanks for the review - but you failed to mention the ever-useful head-mounted buzzsaw. I mean, come on... :wink: EDIT: oh no, you did. 'repetition of the arms'. sorry, nevermind

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

Awesome review, but i'm still confused. BZP says that they got the sets early from TLG, but in one of the other review topics here, it says that the 2011 HF sets has hit the stores. wut?

As far as I know, they're not in the stores yet, but they should start appearing soon. Someone on BZP says he was told 5th of December.

Is he orange or yellow-orange?

Fikou Orange. :classic:

I see (Julius) Nex as the replacement for Jimi Stringer

Also I was just gonna mention, the Design By Me/Hero Factory promo (shown in the instructions in one of the other reviews) showed a black torso - there may well be a full selection of black and silver versions of these parts, so Stringer 2.0 could still theoretically exist as the poster child for custom HF sets.

as in "Hey remember this guy? He was your fave. I bet you were wondering - why didn't he get an uprade? But oh wait check this out - he did, and you can get him right here! But why stop there? Make your own! Blah blah blah, blah blah blah!"

Edit: oh also I'm sure we get a summer lineup in hero factory as well... Probably a whole new situation because "attack on the station" doesn't seem like a year long storyline :wink: and I'm just saying, chance for a stringer two-oh in there as well

Edited by SpiderSpaceman