Sign in to follow this  
Rogue Angel

Elven Army

With only one elven archer available from lego right now, I wanted to create an elven infantry unit as well. This is my small army.

Lego Elves 016

I tossed around a few ideas for torsos, like the forestmen studded shirt, but decided that the infantry should have plate armor and helms.

What do you think?

Edited by rogueang

Wow thats alot off eleves may I suggest some variety on the heads other wise they all look like elven clones :tongue:

I've got 3 other heads in mind, I just don't have them in the numbers necessary to outfit the army yet.

I've got 3 other heads in mind, I just don't have them in the numbers necessary to outfit the army yet.

Non fleshie luke skywalker might me a good idea :classic:

and some other I will edit when I find them

Edited by Darth Jar Jar

I envy you a lot... anyway, I hope to have my own army soon enough.

Heads: I suppose the regular heads look good enough with the elf hairpiece.

Lady: the McGonagall robe is a good idea, it looks great on the lady! There is actually a dark green version as well, though that might prove to be too dark.

I think besides the heads all being the same, their outfits look quite appropriate for elves. I think you have a nice little ambush fleet of elves.

A great Elven Army, rogueang! I too like the usage of McGonagoll robes for the lady, although I too think using a variety of faces with different expressions would make it looks better. :thumbup:

Well done. :classic:

~buddy~

Agreed, looks majestic, the dawn of the age of elves has come!! <lets hope so, they look sooo cool and cute>. Mine came at the weekend and it is one of my favourite minifigs.

That's some collection! I think the guys in the back look great. I hope to see a vignette or something with all of these wonderful Elves in it.

I knew it's a just a matter of time before someone posts their Elven army here, and the Series 3 Elves do look great together. default_classic.gif Nice work collecting these rogueang! default_thumbup.gif Though I agree a bit of variation among the heads will make this a better looking collection.

kings and queens don't walk.... they need a hand chair or a royal buggy..... either way with 20 slaves...:wink:

then you will look banging!

other then that.. Thats a cool set of mini figgs :thumbup:

that is awesome!

With only one elven archer available from lego right now, I wanted to create an elven infantry unit as well. This is my small army.

5221098746_f11fa51938_z.jpg

I tossed around a few ideas for torsos, like the forestmen studded shirt, but decided that the infantry should have plate armor and helms.

What do you think?

Where do you find that many of the same bodies and such to do this? I wouldn't think that brick link would have THAT much...

I bricklinked all but 2 of the elves, the last 2 were from E-bay. I got lucky, and picked up 11 at once on bricklink. I knew these would get expensive, and picked up everything I could in the first wave before Thanksgiving. Although I've been combing my TRUs and Targets, I have yet to see series 3 in stores.

Thanks for all the comments. I had some faces in mind before I posted this, but I don't want to diverge too far from the elven face... I'm not completely satisfied with the Elven lords, but I'm still working on it. (McGonnogal's robe seems like the only decent option for the Elven queen to me.) The infantry also need a little work, but I figured I would take advantage of the shields the archers came with.

I love the elf figure. Lego has really hooked us up this time, if only they were easier to acquire....

kings and queens don't walk.... they need a hand chair or a royal buggy..... either way with 20 slaves...:wink:

then you will look banging!

other then that.. Thats a cool set of mini figgs :thumbup:

Kings and Queens going into battle most definatly walk (or ride in on their horse)

Having the elven leaders marching into battle at the head of their armies is perfect IMO (thats how it was in Lord Of The Rings :)

Kings and Queens going into battle most definatly walk (or ride in on their horse)

Having the elven leaders marching into battle at the head of their armies is perfect IMO (thats how it was in Lord Of The Rings :)

good point

ya they did that in LORD OF THE RINGS at helms deep, and they elves got dddominatedddd while the king of the humans runs sits nice and safe in his tower in the back screaming bring it on is that all you got!!!

Wow!! That was quick. They aren't even available where I live and you have a army of 16 of the new guys and a lot of others. Very impressive.

Great job :thumbup:

That looks fantastic! :wub: The only issue I see is the black helms in the infantry clash a lot with the softer browns, greens and beiges, using a pearl metal colored helmet instead will give these a lot more character, I now that particular model only comes in black, gray and that rare chrome from the 90's but have you thought of using the smaller dwarf helmet from the castle theme for them? I feel it would fit them a lot more

d4e4o5g414n3y40464i5k4t294r2r2h4v5f4042354v2r294x2u2.jpg

Great work, I am envious of your collection! :grin:

Very nice, how many do you own?

I'm up to 24 now. I was shooting for 30 altogether, but it was just a ballpark estimate. I have 40 dwarves, so I was trying to get a comparable elven army.