Darth Jar Jar

Best year for LSW

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which year was the best year for LSW

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Since LSW has been running for over 12 years and is coming to its thirteenth year :oh3: I wanted too know everyone thoughts on what is the best year for LSW.

Was it 1999 the start off LSW, it could have been 2007 the 30th anniversary off SW or 2009 the 10th anniversary off LSW!

The First year definitely, although I was 7 or so at the time I have bought many of the sets now and love them more than some new sets :classic:. Maybe you could include a poll for favorite line (PM, AOTC, CW, ROTS, ANH, ESB, ROTJ, EU.) (Mine is PM)

Edit: 100 posts I'm a Citizen

Edited by Mr Man

2006/7 was the best time for LSW. The great remakes of the rebel fighters, ships like the ISD or Republic Cruiser. It's hard to choose, but since 2007 had the Consular and the first amazing battle packs, I voted 2007.

How can you say 1999? Not a single set from that time is still in any way attractive.

2006/7 was the best time for LSW. The great remakes of the rebel fighters, ships like the ISD or Republic Cruiser. It's hard to choose, but since 2007 had the Consular and the first amazing battle packs, I voted 2007.

How can you say 1999? Not a single set from that time is still in any way attractive.

Apart from the X-wing they all where brilliant classics. LEGO made do with the molds they had and didn't make new molds for every other set they made. Plus 1999 was when my first sets (7101 Lightsaber Duel, and 7121 Naboo Swamp) where made.

2006, hands down. It was the year of great re-releases and OT goodness! The V-wing 6205 was OK, but then there is 6206-6212 (TIE Interceptor, A-Wing, B-Wing, Slave 1, Sail Barge, ISD). Also two great UCS (AT-ST and Vader's TIE). No other year has that level of high quality sets IMO.

Edited by Skafte

Apart from the X-wing they all where brilliant classics. LEGO made do with the molds they had and didn't make new molds for every other set they made. Plus 1999 was when my first sets (7101 Lightsaber Duel, and 7121 Naboo Swamp) where made.

Funny, imo the X-Wing is the only set that is really good even by modern standards. But the Snowspeeder? Naboo Fighter? Sith Infiltrator? Those were bad, even considering the limited bricks.

Naboo Fighter? Sith Infiltrator? Those were bad, even considering the limited bricks.

Arggg Blasphemer the best the best:laugh:. Well The Naboo fighter was bad I forgot about that, but the Sith Infiltrator just screams win to me (I have 2) it is the embodiment of old Lego IMO.

2005 was definitely one of my favorites. This year is a close second. 2005 and this year because of the Clone Turbo Tanks.

2005 was definitely one of my favorites. This year is a close second. 2005 and this year because of the Clone Turbo Tanks.

I loved this years line, it really pulled me back into SW lego, especially with the Clone Wars. My favorite was 2010.

I think I would say 2007. Remember, apart from the goodies already mentioned, that's also the year when the Hoth Rebel Base 7666 came out! It's really hard to decide, though. 2008 was quite cool too and actually, I really like the year we have now! Come to think of it: UCS Imperial Shuttle, anyone?

Nice topic! :thumbup:

Enpaz

EDIT: Oh jeez, I forgot to make a statement on 2011! Lovely. Just lovely. Death Watch!!! Maybe I should have voted 2011, who knows?

Edited by Enpaz

2006, 2007 and 2008 were all great years. But I'm going to have to go with 2006 as best. It's the only year where I have every set realeased. And that B-Wing is one of my favorites.

I love 2006. It's full of old school OT sets, done with modern techniques and parts. I just wish I could afford Jabba's Sail Barge now. I started heavily collecting in 2008, and a good pile of my cash went into the 2006 sets, not so much 2005 or 2007.

How can it be anything other than 1999, when two favorite things joined forces, I have all the sets of that year (except for Anakin's podracer, but who needs that when you have Mos Espa) and am still have them standing proudly in my collection.

I admit the newer models do look sleeker and nicer overall, but there is still that little bit of magic that resides in the old models. Not too mention there weren't that much fancy molds back then and they had to start from scratch, so it was actually an astonishing achievement back then.

Of course, didn't collect in 2006-2009, so can't honestly judge which year would be the runner-up. (hear lots of good things about the 2006 line) but if I had to choose, my second favorite would be 2002. (with the RGS and Jango's Slave 1)

How can it be anything other than 1999, when two favorite things joined forces, I have all the sets of that year

:thumbup::thumbup: I agree

I would have also voted for 2004 (for all those people angry at my 1999 answer) but only one vote is allowed.

I was torn between 1999 (mostly because of the Droid Developer Kit), 2006, 2007, and 2009 ('09 just because of the 10th anniversary sets), but in the end I think 2006 was the best overall year.

I was torn between 1999 (mostly because of the Droid Developer Kit), 2006, 2007, and 2009 ('09 just because of the 10th anniversary sets), but in the end I think 2006 was the best overall year.

I agree if any year it would be 06 just for Jabbas sail barge the only way that set could have been better is for jabba to have printing and a skiff guard :sweet:

Then again 07 brought the fantastic UCS falcon.

In the end I would go for 06

While 2006 is close, I'd have to go with 2008. The CW sets were really good that year, and you can't argue with the Death Star.

Agreed, that was my favorite year. Phase 2 clones, wookies, luminara with-out cw eyes, all those great space sets? how could anybody NOT love this year!!!!! :laugh:

I would have to say anywhere from 2004-2006. There were awesome sets, for really cheap prices! The second best set of years in my opinion is 2010-2011, mainly because they are redoing quite a few of the old sets, from before, that some of us missed. (Like me for example :blush: ) But the only problem is the pricing has gone way up(with new castings and such.) but overall, it is pretty cool so far.

I really liked the sets back in 2006, particularly the best OT set I had - the 6212 X-Wing. That was a really great year for sets released but I have to go with '99, it really holds a special place in my heart. default_wubnew.gif<wears nostalgia glasses> I remember the first time seeing Star Wars in Lego form, I just jumped in sheer joy and excitement! No matter how basic the first designs were, just the mere fact that two of my passions have joined forces is reason enough for me to forever be hooked on this hobby.

As a (mainly) OT fan, it was an a fairly easy decision but places 2 and 3 should be also mentioned:

3. (2006) - Great remakes with good details and new techniques like B-Wing plus awesome new models like the Sail Barge or ISD

2. (1999) - I sold most of the sets to get money and space for newer ones (I was stupid), but seeing LSW for the first time, that X-Wing and Landspeeder in these amazing boxes - it was more than a special moment in my life.

1. (2009) - Everything comes together here, TLC convinced Lucas (good job, my danish friends!) to have some un-cloney and very pretty boxes with the original artwork, the model selection was fairly new and unique, and the content.. Well, 2009 is the reason I am a fan of Star Wars Lego. The models are so nice and cleverly designed, first of all the Tantive IV and the new AT-ST. We got tons of new figures, literally tons! No stickers. And simply things we always dreamed of and wanted (Tauntaun, Ackbar, Endor). I must admit that Home One is more on the expensive side but Endor makes up for it and is the No.1 reason that this year is a blast. This set is one of the best Lego sets ever. It's amazing AND has a fair price.