brickcitydepot

Winter Village: Train Depot

Here is my entry in to the expand the winter village contest. I struggled at first on what to build and than it hit me. People love having train tracks go around their tree and their winter village displays so why not make a station that would have a track that circled the town. So anyways here is my entry.

The set consists of 3 parts: The train station, the mail bag catcher, and a train signal light. The track section is not connected to the platform so it can moved around to fit the other tracks.

wintertrain5a.jpg

Wintertrain4a.jpg

wintertrain3a.jpg

wintertrain1a.jpg

wintertrain2a.jpg

Excellent entry brickcitydepot! I agree with CM this could pass up as an official Winter Village set. I really like the distinct Chritmas wreath decorations you've put in there, as well as the effective positioning of the white pieces and slopes to make a realistic snow effect on the roof, ground, and on the railway. Great work and best of luck in the contest! default_thumbup.gif

AWESOME entry you have there 'brickcitydepot' - signals included and cool looking light fixture !

Excellent stone work on the station itself, good luck and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

That snow effect on the roof is just brilliant :sweet: And the building as a whole is very well done and looks very realistic :thumbup:

Nice work. I like the snow covered track and the roof. The cheese slopes work really well.

I really like all these contest entries but havent commented in many, but as its a train enry I though I must.

I love it brickcitydepot the amout of snot is fantastic :thumbup:. I think that the station is a piece of art :wub:. Great work and good luck in the contest :thumbup:.

Thanks, CB

This is an awesome Building Brickcitydepot :thumbup:

I really liked the Idea of a train Depot. Original, and nice-looking.

As Crabboy329 said, this is a real piece of art !

The snow design on the roof is wonderfull. I love how you made the snow cover only half of the roof :wub:

The Inside is nice too. a little empty though :sceptic: but that great Lamp design makes up for it :classic:

The snow turns out really nice with Rails and the effect is sweet.

This creation deserves a place in the top 5 :sweet:

Welcome on Eurobricks, good luck in the contest and hope to see more from you soon !

Thanks for all the comments! I had been wanting to make a winter village building for some time now and this was a great excuse to do it. thanks for putting on the contest!

Great entry! It looks like it would fit in very well in a winter village. I too like the technique used for the snow on the roof and on the tracks, it is very effective. :thumbup:

Very well done. :classic:

~buddy~

Very nice shack! I love the roof with the melting snow, and the snow on the tracks looks wonderful. Best of luck.

Edited by prateek

This looks like a real set :thumbup: Love the small station, and all the details you putted in. I wish you a good (Very good) luck for the contest.

Captain Becker