Fugazi

Pharaoh's Quest 2011

I'm now kinda iffy about the pyramid. :sceptic: Those Jackel figures are to die for but the pyramid itself is disappointing. It seems to lose its color scheme on the inside and it's only half a pyramid with two lazily built walls and the inside is so loaded with crummy play features so that it just looks like a mess. If it's $100 I might not get it because if you compare it to a set like The volcano base which was only $80 and looks waaayy more presentable on both sides then it really shows LEGO's decline recently. :sceptic:

8637_volcano_base_built.jpg

I don't know if I'd go that far. The Pyramid looks less impressive from the back, yes, but all other things considered it still works perfectly well. The "lazily built walls" are pretty logical since using a boatload of slopes would result in a really blocky structure that would be even harder to decorate the interior of. I'm not surprised with that one. The entrance looks great, too. It's just a little sparser than it appears on first glance.

Those Anubis minifigs are amazing! If the pyramid is $80 or less, then it is definitely something I want. Can anybody confirm the price of the pyramid?

just a heads up.

i saw the pharoah's magnet set today, so i snagged them, cause of the anubis minifigure included.

BUT the minifigures are glued down.

i had to jam a ruler and basically rip the figure off the base.

the back of the minifigures legs look quite distressed now.

it seems like a cost cutting thing. there are no more magnets in the minifigure itself, there are only magnets on the base.

this was the first time i ever had to rip a glued minifigure off any base, so maybe there is a better way to do it. if you know how, let me know, cause i wanted an army of anubis!

just a heads up.

i saw the pharoah's magnet set today, so i snagged them, cause of the anubis minifigure included.

it seems like a cost cutting thing. there are no more magnets in the minifigure itself, there are only magnets on the base.

this was the first time i ever had to rip a glued minifigure off any base, so maybe there is a better way to do it. if you know how, let me know, cause i wanted an army of anubis!

*oh2* First off theres a pharaohs quest magnet set :sweet: Secound off its glued down now this is bad it could be like this for all magnet sets now :sceptic:

hi there new here these sets look amazing but i have a hunch though that they wont be released in the uk the website does not show up in the uk this also happened with sp3 and kingdoms they also don t have websites here why lego is doing this I do not know but its really irritating

just a heads up.

What other minifigures were in the magnet? Could you take some pictures too please? Also what store did you find it in?

That's good news that there's a cheaper way of getting anubis but bad if the magnet is glued.

Thanks

LegoGalactus

hi there new here these sets look amazing but i have a hunch though that they wont be released in the uk the website does not show up in the uk this also happened with sp3 and kingdoms they also don t have websites here why lego is doing this I do not know but its really irritating

I found Kingdom and SP3 sets in the UK and the pharaohs quest site works for me.

I found Kingdom and SP3 sets in the UK and the pharaohs quest site works for me.

really they i have never seen a sp3 or kingdom sets in the uk i have searched tru argos you name it theres no sign of them its only on s&h as for the websites they definitly do not appear on the products page this is odd why do the toy store around or near me have those sets this is odd

Edited by collectorofthings

7307-1.jpg

Sorry when I said I was disappointed when I said there were no thompsons. Never mind... I found them!!! :wub: Time to buy to my heart's desire! :grin:

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

I got the motorcycle set today, and I love it! Everything feels OK, no 'Chinese plastic' feel to the parts. :thumbup:

Good, no chinese crap. Thanks for telling me! :classic:

I suspect any part that contains paint (as opposed to printing) such as the motorcycle, wings and headgear may well be made in China. But from the sounds of it, TLG have worked to get the plastic quality up to a higher standard for those elements.

What other minifigures were in the magnet? Could you take some pictures too please? Also what store did you find it in?

That's good news that there's a cheaper way of getting anubis but bad if the magnet is glued.

I saw the magnet set today at my local Lego Store. It comes with the Anubis and Pharaoh from the Pyramid set, and Jake Raines wearing his jacket from the biplane set.

So they are glued?!? Yikes, I'm glad I decided to spring for the whole Pyramid set, instead of picking up a couple of the smaller sets + a magnet pack or two. This news of glue does not bode well for the future... there are several Star Wars figures I was hoping to get next year via magnet set, but glue would ruin everything. :cry_sad:

just a heads up.

Well that stinks. I want one too but it looks like I'll have to do it the expensive way. :laugh:

Greetings fellow desert explorers (and toy hunters)!

Ran by Toys R Us (still hunting for Hero Factory), found the whole set of Pharaoh's Quest lineup. Picked up two PQ sets, and a Atlantis set. Due to my iPhone pics being not very popular with the Atlantis crowd, I'm still doing some re-arranging to set up a decent workspace for my main camera. :laugh:

As said in the Atlantis topics, I'm providing the UPC numbers to hopefully help folks search for them. (Works at Target and Toys R Us, but mileage might vary at Wal-Mart. Last I tried it there, they had to have the UPC on hand to do a scan, which defeats the purpose of just asking for a UPC lookup with the number.)

Pharaoh's Quest 7305 Scarab Attack UPC #: 6 73419 14510 7

Pharaoh's Quest 7326 Rise of the Sphinx UPC #: 6 73419 14514 5

Well, glue being used in magnets is definitely not good for those who buy them, but it's fairly reassuring for me. I don't buy magnet sets (because I can't find any and also because of supposed quality issues), so I'm glad that buying sets to get minifigures isn't a waste now. Of course, this is at other peoples' expense, but I don't think Lego can keep up with selling magnet sets as it does decrease profit from those sets which have exclusive minifigures.

Well, glue being used in magnets is definitely not good for those who buy them, but it's fairly reassuring for me. I don't buy magnet sets (because I can't find any and also because of supposed quality issues), so I'm glad that buying sets to get minifigures isn't a waste now. Of course, this is at other peoples' expense, but I don't think Lego can keep up with selling magnet sets as it does decrease profit from those sets which have exclusive minifigures.

I don't know if I buy that argument. The profit margin on the magnet sets must be huge, and it's not likely that folks (including myself) who might normally buy a magnet set to get a particular figure will now spring for a $100 set we're otherwise disinterested in. That will happen sometimes, but overall I doubt this will be much of a win for TLG.

Anyone other than SirNadroj find 7325? I want it and was just wondering. :classic:

The snake set? I've seen it at Lego Stores and at Toys 'R Us here in the San Francisco area. The sphinx set seems to be the only one that's tricky to find... I've only seen it at TRU.

The snake set? I've seen it at Lego Stores and at Toys 'R Us here in the San Francisco area. The sphinx set seems to be the only one that's tricky to find... I've only seen it at TRU.

Okay I guess my Toys"R"Us might have it some time this week then. I've haven't seen the Sphinx set either.

i called tru canada and they said that they would get pharaoh's quest online when lego told them to, i think this is because earlyer in the year they put three toy story three sets for pre order and lego got mad.

Here's a pic of the magnet set. I'm very sad to hear that the figures are glued! I could have tolerated that the hips are glued to the torso, but the fact that the legs are glued to the base makes these figs pretty much useless! :cry_sad: What is TLG trying to accomplish with this? To get us to buy the big sets rather than the magnet sets? I don't know about others, but I certainly wont get the pyramid just to get those figs. :thumbdown: Bricklink is the only solution now - again. :sadnew: Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Here's a pic of the magnet set. I'm very sad to hear that the figures are glued! I could have tolerated that the hips are glued to the torso, but the fact that the legs are glued to the base makes these figs pretty much useless! :cry_sad: What is TLG trying to accomplish with this? To get us to buy the big sets rather than the magnet sets? I don't know about others, but I certainly wont get the pyramid just to get those figs. :thumbdown: Bricklink is the only solution now - again. :sadnew:

Thanks for the pic Oky! Another thing I noticed is why in the world does the mummy have the tan pharaoh head with the light bley body? :hmpf_bad:

I picked up 7307, the Flying Mummy Attack in Metro Atlanta yesterday at TRU. Strangely, this was the solitary box out for Pharaoh's Quest. There were no other PQ sets and I got the only one. I looked everywhere for the rest of them.

I also got the City prisoner transport van. They had a few of the new Atlantis sets too.

Well, I for one am glad that the magnet sets are now glued, and I hope it spreads to licensed themes as well. Buying certain figs on Bricklink that came in both Magnet and regular sets always made me uneasy because they don't differentiate between them. Sure, asking sellers as to the source of the figure usually works, but it still kept me worried until I actually saw the fig myself. This way, there's no chance of inferior figs poisoning the pool.

I think that mummy is a weird mix up between the Pharoah and the mummy cronies, similar to how Dr. Jones had a Dark Tan hat instead of dark bley in an Indy Magnet set. Just another reason why these magnet sets are sub-par anyway.