Skalldyr

Winter Village: Music Store

Hi there,

I present you my entry for the Winter Village Contest.

It's a winter wonderland in this snow-covered little town! The lake is already frozen and the bridge covered in snow.

An old man is selling Mulled wine, while the postman arrives with its delivery sleigh.

At the Store, the friendly owner has everything important you need to make music and a customer arrives with his violin.

Two kids are playing in the snow. Includes 7 minifigures, and lots of winter accessories.

5217143411_9f0b1f8c98_b.jpg

Today the first snow fell. I couldn't resist to take a few pictures outside. :thumbup:

schnee_klein.jpg

gluehwein-schlitten_klein.jpg

bruecke_klein.jpg

innen_klein.jpg

I hope you enjoyed what you saw. :classic:

EDIT:

I made a tutorial for the violin/guitar case at Brickshelf....can give you deeplinks! --> [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]

Brilliant!! I especially like the violin case and the use of whips for the sleigh runners!! Nice work!!

A truly magnificent piece of work! I especially liked the bridge and the use of whips for the sledge. Great work!

Excellent creation 'Skalldyr' and my favorite part is small but AWESOME - the sledge - using those whips that way - very clever ! :grin:

Good luck and keep on playing music ! :wink:

Those whips are perfect! And I like the bridge for that little extra something to add to the village.

Agree, how is the violin made?

Brilliant!! I especially like the violin case and the use of whips for the sleigh runners!! Nice work!!

That might be a guitar case, but excellent work anyway. The bridge is my favorite.default_classic.gif

Thank you all very much, I'm really glad you all like it and the sleigh... :laugh:

Agree, how is the violin made?

I made a tutorial at Brickshelf....can give you deeplinks! --> [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]

I love it and will for sure borrow the idea!!!!

Have fun! Here's a better picture: CLICK

Very nice! I really like the bridge on the left, and the interior of the shop is great.

Oh, and I see you have been "Fellowafied" :classic:

I love the violin case, thats so original. Also your sleigh is a great use of those whips. Two techniques I've never seen before!

Real Snow! default_laugh2.gif Awesome presentation Skalldyr! Taking the photos in the real snow setting is a fantastic idea, makes the build more realistic. There are a lot of interesting elements in this entry to be liked about - the mini-bridge over icy water, the effective use of the whips for the sleigh, and the cleverly-built violin case. Great job overall and best of luck in the contest! default_thumbup.gif

So many nice details. I feel I'll just be repeating everyone else, but that bridge is great, and the sleigh is pure genius. And I actually thought the violin case was en existing piece I didn't know about until I read the comments about it :laugh:

Nice idea for a store Skalldyr and I really like the little scenes surrounding it. The guitar case is brilliant.

I love it! Great little scenes and an excellent addition to the series. I especially like the sleigh design using the whips. Very innovative use of parts. Great work!

-Davey

So many nice details. I feel I'll just be repeating everyone else, but that bridge is great, and the sleigh is pure genius. And I actually thought the violin case was en existing piece I didn't know about until I read the comments about it :laugh:

Ditto! LOL!

It looks like a molded piece in that first pic and I thought "Great, how did I miss out on such a cool piece?!?!" :laugh:

Great entry! It was a good idea to build a music store. I too particualrly like the use of whips as sleigh runners and the bridge on the left. And I also like that you have taken pictures of it out in the snow. :thumbup:

Very well done. :classic:

~buddy~

This is one of my new favourites! I love the mail cart, and the interior is very nicely laid out. The roof is the best par though. It really brings the scene together :thumbup:

Once again I can only thank all very much. Your comments are so nice and I'm really glad you all like it. :classic: