Sign in to follow this  
MightySlickPancake

[MOC] Yavin base - unreleased set

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hi star wars fans,

I present to you today a prototype model that was never got made.

yaviniv-sketch01.jpg

I have revese engineered the model using this picture alone (due mostly to Praiter Yed and Brickdoctor, Thanks guys :thumbup:). I tried to make this as accurate as possible and filling in unknow parts in a similar style the lego use. I though it would be nice to make one as I though people would like it as a set.

Here it is

lddscreenshot19.jpg

Comparison view

lddscreenshot20.jpg

lddscreenshot5.jpg

lddscreenshot22.jpg

lddscreenshot10.jpg

lddscreenshot23.jpg

On top.

Details:

lddscreenshot24.jpg

lddscreenshot13.jpg

Training room

lddscreenshot14.jpg

Watch tower

lddscreenshot15.jpg

Control room

lddscreenshot25.jpg

lddscreenshot26.jpg

lddscreenshot18.jpg

Thanks for looking, I hope you like it :wink:.

Here is the ldd file (I hope it works :sceptic:). I hope someone wants to make it now :sweet:.

Price to parts: N/A I dont know what origional price was going to be.

Minfigs: 8/10 Good amount of classic figs.

Detail: 6/10 It looks good but there isn't much detail, just a lot of normal bricks. Although im very suprised that there isnt any flick fires or any functional parts. Very unlegoy :tongue:.

Parts: 5/10 Lot of tan, But thats a good thing...isnt it?

Thanks, CB

Very nice work on this LDD model crabboy329! Kudos on the reverse-engineering, I know how challenging that could be. :thumbup:

Can anyone tell me how to upload a LDD file, so people can download this MOC? I hope someone wants to make it now :sweet:.

If this shouldnt be in the star wars forum the could a moderator please move it.

You have to upload the LXF file to a file-hosting site. I personally use Brickshelf. Once you upload the file in BS, right-click on the file and click 'Copy Link Location' and then insert it as a link to your post. And Voila! It can be downloaded by everyone. Thanks for sharing the LXF, I'm sure it'll be helpful to those who want to recreate this unreleased Yavin base.

You have really done a great job recreating this. It seems to be spot on and I must say I have loved the unrealeased set since I laid my eyes on it. Lego should really make more sets like this so that we dont get the same vehicle over and over. I love it, the set has great detail while still looking like an affordable set. The midi X-wing would be a great addition to the midi family as well.

Great work! :thumbup:

Nice job rendering this in LDD form crabboy329! :thumbup:

There will probably be tutorials in the LDD forum for uploading the files of LDD mocs, if not probably ask Superkalle. :sweet:

Did you make this in Universe Mode? Some of the pieces I noticed are not in the normal version. :sweet:

CF

How large is the LDD file?

You could mail it to me:

santatrooper[at]gmail.com

Then I'll add it to the topic.

Nice job crabboy329 - it looks good. I like the front view more than I would have expected also a nice compact War Room. You've done really well, especially with so little reference material.

This might help re. attaching the lxf file: link

Great to see you finished it! Since you're avoiding it, I'll try to tackle that X-wing. :wink:

I'm glad you're up for giving it a go. I've been looking at it and was tempted, but I've got so much on at the moment, I would struggle to start before new year (I should actually be working now :devil:)! Plus not sure how to tackle the folding wings. The front section is bothering me too; does the red stripe taper or is it inset and the white wedge plate (top front of nose section) what part is that? - It seems to go from a 3 stud width to a 2 stud width - I can't find it on BL. - Have a feeling I'm going to regret typing that last bit when I end up looking like an idiot because it's a really common part.

Will you be building for real or LDD?

I might have a go at the Rebel Cart - I always get left with the hardest jobs! :laugh:

AWESOME LDD work there 'crabboy329'.....now you only need to brick build it ! :wink:

Keep up the cool work and may the brick be you ! :yoda:

Wow so many nice comments :thumbup:.

Nice work, Crabboy329! Could you give me the LDD file?

Hopefully the LDD file is now working

Very nice work on this LDD model crabboy329! Kudos on the reverse-engineering, I know how challenging that could be. :thumbup:

You have to upload the LXF file to a file-hosting site. I personally use Brickshelf. Once you upload the file in BS, right-click on the file and click 'Copy Link Location' and then insert it as a link to your post. And Voila! It can be downloaded by everyone. Thanks for sharing the LXF, I'm sure it'll be helpful to those who want to recreate this unreleased Yavin base.

Thanks very much, I have never reverse engineereed something like this before so it was quite a challange.

This looks great. Very nice from just a few pictures.

Great job :thumbup:

Thanks very much. I would have been a lot easier if I had more pictures :blush:.

PLEASE! Make instructions for themini xwing!oh2.gif

I think Brickdoctor is doing it for me :wink:.

Great to see you finished it! Since you're avoiding it, I'll try to tackle that X-wing. :wink:

Yeah sorry I took longer than expected :blush: computer problems :hmpf_bad:. Thanks for trying the X-wing if/when you're done i will upload it to the LDD file so its complete.

You have really done a great job recreating this. It seems to be spot on and I must say I have loved the unrealeased set since I laid my eyes on it. Lego should really make more sets like this so that we dont get the same vehicle over and over. I love it, the set has great detail while still looking like an affordable set. The midi X-wing would be a great addition to the midi family as well.

Great work! :thumbup:

Thanks very much. I agree its a great set and its just a shame it was never made :thumbdown:

Nice job rendering this in LDD form crabboy329! :thumbup:

There will probably be tutorials in the LDD forum for uploading the files of LDD mocs, if not probably ask Superkalle. :sweet:

Did you make this in Universe Mode? Some of the pieces I noticed are not in the normal version. :sweet:

CF

Thanks, It is made in universe mode as normal didn't have all the pieces.

How large is the LDD file?

You could mail it to me:

santatrooper[at]gmail.com

Then I'll add it to the topic.

Thanks very much. I think I worked out how to do it, but if it doesnt work I will email it to you.

Nice job crabboy329 - it looks good. I like the front view more than I would have expected also a nice compact War Room. You've done really well, especially with so little reference material.

This might help re. attaching the lxf file: link

I'm glad you're up for giving it a go. I've been looking at it and was tempted, but I've got so much on at the moment, I would struggle to start before new year (I should actually be working now :devil:)! Plus not sure how to tackle the folding wings. The front section is bothering me too; does the red stripe taper or is it inset and the white wedge plate (top front of nose section) what part is that? - It seems to go from a 3 stud width to a 2 stud width - I can't find it on BL. - Have a feeling I'm going to regret typing that last bit when I end up looking like an idiot because it's a really common part.

Will you be building for real or LDD?

I might have a go at the Rebel Cart - I always get left with the hardest jobs! :laugh:

Yeah that link helped a lot. Yeahi couldn't figure out how to make the x-wing. Unfortunatly I wont be making this for real but it gives someone else a chance to. Please do make the rebel cart and I will add it to the file once you're

done.

AWESOME LDD work there 'crabboy329'.....now you only need to brick build it ! :wink:

Keep up the cool work and may the brick be you ! :yoda:

Thanks very much (hmm...am I repeating myself too much?). Yeah as I said to Praiter Yed I wont be making it for real sorry :sceptic:.

Thanks, CB

Hmm I like it. nice LDD design crabboy329

Still wouldn't buy it if it where made but not due to you moodle. Maybe someone could make the set using this file, it would be good to see it for real. Maybe someone could try to build the Sep Shuttle on LDD or in real life. :thumbup:. I would try but my laptop doesn't have enough memory left for LDD4 :sad:.

Hmm I like it. nice LDD design crabboy329

Still wouldn't buy it if it where made but not due to you model. Maybe someone could make the set using this file, it would be good to see it for real. Maybe someone could try to build the Sep Shuttle on LDD or in real life. :thumbup:. I would try but my laptop doesn't have enough memory left for LDD4 :sad:.

Thanks very much. It would be nice if they made a review as well. Yeah I agree, I wouldnt buy it myself if it was a set.

Thanks, CB

Looks like you copied it well with the parts at hand! I can understand not trying to build the X-wing. I'll see what I can do. :classic:

Looks like you copied it well with the parts at hand! I can understand not trying to build the X-wing. I'll see what I can do. :classic:

HEY! I'm building the X-wing! You do, uh, you can compete with Pratier Yed for rights to the speeder. :laugh:

So I started on it, and the starboard engine looks like it has studs-forward while the port engine looks like the studs face aft. Opinions? Before I decide myself?

EDIT: I forgot that studs-aft would create an illegal connection between the 2 x 2 round plate and the 1 x 2 tile with Technic 2-tall beam, so for LDD's sake I went with studs-forward.

Edited by Brickdoctor

HEY! I'm building the X-wing! You do, uh, you can compete with Pratier Yed for rights to the speeder. :laugh:

So I started on it, and the starboard engine looks like it has studs-forward while the port engine looks like the studs face aft. Opinions? Before I decide myself?

EDIT: I forgot that studs-aft would create an illegal connection between the 2 x 2 round plate and the 1 x 2 tile with Technic 2-tall beam, so for LDD's sake I went with studs-forward.

I did a quick moc up of what you said on and I agree, Studs forward is the best idea as studs back doesnt look right in my opinion (if you wanted my opinion or even if I understood you correctly). But im sure you will figure something out :thumbup:. Also thanks for doing it for everyone, it's much appreciated :sweet:.

Hey Masked if you wanted something to do then you could try making the control room better, if you wanted?

Thanks, CB

I did a quick moc up of what you said on and I agree, Studs forward is the best idea as studs back doesnt look right in my opinion (if you wanted my opinion or even if I understood you correctly). But im sure you will figure something out :thumbup:. Also thanks for doing it for everyone, it's much appreciated :sweet:.

Hey Masked if you wanted something to do then you could try making the control room better, if you wanted?

Thanks, CB

It's finished! I figured out the angle in that plates and tiles on hinges 2 studs apart rotated towards each other at 4.73 degrees equals essentially the same angle as a 4 x 8 wedge plate.

lddscreenshot1.png

.lxf file

I got to this with what was in the picture from the visual dictionary, and then I took some creative liberty attaching it and filling in the gaps. There are some things I would have liked to change, notably to lessen the gaps between the top and bottom wings, but I tried to keep it as true to the 'original' model as possible.

Brickshelf gallery when public

Thought I'd better do this quick before Masked Builder steals my thunder! I'm sure everyone will agree that this is just awesome... :laugh:

rebelpersonnelcarrier.jpg

repulsorlifttransport.jpg

lxf file

It's all yours crabboy329. My work here is done.

EDIT: Just clicked add reply and Brickdoctors' X-Wing has appeared! Nice one!

Edited by Praiter Yed

Thanks very much Brickdoctor and Praiter Yed :thumbup:. They are both great and but I think that the X-wing is a piece of art (Not that the transport thing isn't Praiter Yed :wink:) but all it needs now is some flick fires to make it truly lego :tongue:. I shall upload them both to the original file.

Thanks, CB

Thought I'd better do this quick before Masked Builder steals my thunder! I'm sure everyone will agree that this is just awesome... :laugh:

[snip]

It's all yours crabboy329. My work here is done.

EDIT: Just clicked add reply and Brickdoctors' X-Wing has appeared! Nice one!

:laugh:

Looks good. Must have taken you hours to figure that out. crabboy329 will be so happy with yours, since you did the complicated work and he and I got the simple jobs.

Sorry Masked, but you can still do the war room! :wink:

all it needs now is some flick fires to make it truly lego :tongue:

Thanks, CB

You know what I just noticed? That gap between the red stripe and the bottom of the ship? That's almost exactly where the proton torpedo launch tubes would be indented. So that gap is canon. :laugh:

Looks good. Must have taken you hours to figure that out. crabboy329 will be so happy with yours, since you did the complicated work and he and I got the simple jobs.

Sorry Masked, but you can still do the war room! :wink:

You know what I just noticed? That gap between the red stripe and the bottom of the ship? That's almost exactly where the proton torpedo launch tubes would be indented. So that gap is canon. :laugh:

Hey brickdoctor I just downloaded your x-wing and it said that one piece was remove because it wasnt placed properly :sceptic:. Its the piece that was under the r2d2 piece and all the cheese pieces.

Yeah masked that war room does need some atention. It looks awful.

Nice one on finding about the proton gap, I didn't think lego does stuff like that anymore :hmpf_bad:.

Thanks, CB

Absolutely, I would have finished sooner but I had to take a break for lunch then tea. Even though it's just a reverse engineer job, I feel it's some of my best work.

I never would have figured the trick with the two tiles at the front of the X-Wing :blush: . The rendering on LDD 4 is looking sweet (still not got round to downloading it here).

Hey brickdoctor I just downloaded your x-wing and it said that one piece was remove because it wasnt placed properly :sceptic:. Its the piece that was under the r2d2 piece and all the cheese pieces.

Yeah masked that war room does need some atention. It looks awful.

Nice one on finding about the proton gap, I didn't think lego does stuff like that anymore :hmpf_bad:.

Thanks, CB

The jumper plate? Or the 4 x 6 plate?

EDIT: I see it was the 4 x 6. At best guess, I'd say it's the use of SNOT on the back. I'll try to fix it.

It was. Here's the fixed file.

Edited by Brickdoctor

The jumper plate? Or the 4 x 6 plate?

Yeah it's definatly the 4x6 but it was a snot bug on LDD so I have changed the 2x1 with holes with a 1x1 that has a sidestud(if that makes sense) Oh you figured that out yourself, its quite an easy fix.

Hey Praiter Yed you should be very proud its a fantastic model :thumbup:.

Thanks, CB

Edit of edit: first post updated with pics of x-wing and rebel transport, Thanks again Brickdoctor and Praiter Yed I think we have succeeded on making an great set :thumbup:

Edited by crabboy329