Sir von Lego

Star Wars Collection

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Hi @all,

today I want to show you my Star Wars Collection.

I am collecting everything that has something to do with LEGO Star Wars.

I collect each set twice, one to build and one to keep it MISB. I also collect different box designs (not EU - US, but with different printing, different boxes etc.)

So enjoy this full power of LEGO Star Wars and also visit my Brickshelf Gallery: Star Wars Heaven

collection003.jpeg

collection014.jpeg

collection022.jpeg

collection021.jpeg

collection018.jpeg

Please also visit my thread for my LEGO ENDOR Layout at the Fanwelt in Cologne: Endor!!

greetings Hendrik

Hi Hendrik

That is quite some heavy collecting! I started collecting all Star Wars sets since 2005 (returned from my dark ages), but decided to stop abruptly with this years releases. I just felt they were too close to previous sets and are just modified copies of previous sets. A prime example for me is the Slave I, which in my opinion is too much like the previous release. Furthermore, I do not really relate to the Clone Wars sets, so I no longer see the use in collecting them. Since you have been collecting for a while longer, have you had similar sentiments over the years?

Kind regards,

Teddy

So let me get this straight- you hav every set, keychain, magnet, pen, watch, maquette, video game, and exclusive ever released for LEGO Star Wars? And all the box rereleases?

Doc! Doc! Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out...

Hi Hendrik

That is quite some heavy collecting! I started collecting all Star Wars sets since 2005 (returned from my dark ages), but decided to stop abruptly with this years releases. I just felt they were too close to previous sets and are just modified copies of previous sets. A prime example for me is the Slave I, which in my opinion is too much like the previous release. Furthermore, I do not really relate to the Clone Wars sets, so I no longer see the use in collecting them. Since you have been collecting for a while longer, have you had similar sentiments over the years?

Kind regards,

Teddy

Hi Teddy,

I felt the way you feel some years ago, but I didn't wanted to hear these thoughts...(-;

Star Wars is still my favorite theme...

greetings Hendrik

So let me get this straight- you hav every set, keychain, magnet, pen, watch, maquette, video game, and exclusive ever released for LEGO Star Wars? And all the box rereleases?

Doc! Doc! Breathe in, breathe out. Breathe in, breathe out...

Hi,

you`re right. I TRY to get enaything. Of course there are still some rare items I still don't have (I am still missing the 2000 calendar).

But yes, every "normal" boxed set, I collect twice, sometimes more if they do have different box designs. Example: 4504 Millenium Faclon: there is one blue and one original trilogy edition box, so I collect three of this set: 1x blue MISB, 1x original trilogy edition, 1x to build it.

greetings Hendrik

WOW! This is truly impressive. Isn't it tempting to ever open the boxes to have more Legos to use? Its very impressive anyway.

Great collection :thumbup:

This is really spectacular and it shows how dedicated you are to lego starwars. :classic:

Do you have pictures of the boxed figures on top of the giant figures?

[quote name='Sir von Lego' date='28 November 2010 - 01:58 AM' timestamp='1290877086' But yes, every "normal" boxed set, I collect twice, sometimes more if they do have different box designs. Example: 4504 Millenium Faclon: there is one blue and one original trilogy edition box, so I collect three of this set: 1x blue MISB, 1x original trilogy edition, 1x to build it.

wow!! u have a real completist mindset!! even going for box variations!! that must be some heavy spending involved!! :laugh:

your collection is really :wacko:

Mighty impressive collection Hendrik! :thumbup: Kudos for living the life every SW fan could only dream of. You are truly blessed, and keep collecting since the Lego Star Wars shows no sign of slowing down yet.

Simply... stunning. A truly magnificent collection in all the definition of the word. Where do you keep all the sets stored? Do you have a special room for it or are they stored within their boxes most of the time? If you have a room dedicated to them it should be a small museum inside of your house :tongue: (I have a special room for my collection and most of the time my friends joke with the fact that they think it is kinda like a mini-museum :laugh:). Congratulations for what probably is the most complete collection of LSW I have ever seen, you have something truly special in your hands.

my dream....me wanting! :wub:

Great collection Hendrik! Really amazing! Good luck in the coming years collecting all the new sets! Question, how do you store it all?! Thats the real mystery. :oh:

CF

my dream....me wanting! :wub:

Great collection Hendrik! Really amazing! Good luck in the coming years collecting all the new sets! Question, how do you store it all?! Thats the real mystery. :oh:

CF

Actually I am curious how you store them. I have mine in a large container but they are always breaking (obviously) and I was looking for a more efficient way to store them.

Amazing collection though, it looks like tons of fun. I am very jealous!

Wow, that is a TON. Did you post it, just so us Star Wars fans could drool? :laugh: That is quite a collection!

BTW, I think it is smart that you buy 2 of each set, you never know when something is going to be worth it!

Actually I am curious how you store them. I have mine in a large container but they are always breaking (obviously) and I was looking for a more efficient way to store them.

I store my box's under my bed...erhh to tell the truth under my brothers bed. :laugh:

Sir von Lego do you ever demolish everything and then later on make it all again? Or does it just stay on display all the time? If you where building and demolishing every few months I can't imagine how long it would take to build it all again!

CF

Edited by CommanderFox

Amazing collection though, it looks like tons of fun. I am very jealous!

I have all my boxes stacked up as a 3D display against the walls of my LEGO room. The CW sets that I decided to get from 2008-2009 behind all the others, of course.

I have all my boxes stacked up as a 3D display against the walls of my LEGO room. The CW sets that I decided to get from 2008-2009 behind all the others, of course.

Why would the CW sets be behind? Because you got them later? Or were you being sarcastic?

Nice collection, but I really don't understand why you keep sets MISB. Especially with Lego. Unless it is to sell them later when there price has gone up.

Neverthelss, it's nice to see them displayed like that.

Why would the CW sets be behind? Because you got them later? Or were you being sarcastic?

Because the Clone Wars is awful, I assume. But to each his own.

You are living each and every Lego Star Wars fan's dream. :cry_happy: Damn it, I wish I had £1,000,000 GBP to spend on all the Lego Star Wars sets ever made. Oh well, that is but a dream that is likely to never come true. :cry_sad:

Lord Embo

You are living each and every Lego Star Wars fan's dream. :cry_happy: Damn it, I wish I had £1,000,000 GBP to spend on all the Lego Star Wars sets ever made. Oh well, that is but a dream that is likely to never come true. :cry_sad:

Lord Embo

Looking at the cheepist (no box or instructions To build you dont need them and we have the instructions on EB) sets on bricklink or ebay or amazon only :laugh: about £5,000 is needed over all (the majority of that pricing comes from the UCS, DS playset, and CC)

Because the Clone Wars is awful, I assume. But to each his own.

Yep.

I do rearrange that display every once in a while, so I can ensure that the CW ones are in the back. Like in the section where I display the Droid Developer Kit, Battle of Endor, MTT, and Mon Cal Cruiser, I use the Twilight and AT-TE boxes to lift up the latter two so I can see the four non-CW boxes.

Yep.

I do rearrange that display every once in a while, so I can ensure that the CW ones are in the back. Like in the section where I display the Droid Developer Kit, Battle of Endor, MTT, and Mon Cal Cruiser, I use the Twilight and AT-TE boxes to lift up the latter two so I can see the four non-CW boxes.

HAHA a CW bully, its a shame really because some CW sets are really good like the AT-TE and the RGS and some deserve to be flung as far into hyperspace as possible (Twilight, Droid battle pack, Hyena bomber, solar sailor etc)

I collected all of my boxes for like 7 years... I come home from college... Mom said the were garbage and threw them all away :cry_sad: