Sign in to follow this  
shadowreaperx

LDD MOC: Harry Potter vs Voldemort

Here it is, The final battle between Harry and Voldemort watched by 4 death eaters

I know there are probably some flaws, but HP 7.2 has not yet been released and i haven't read the last book so there. :sadnew:

lddscreenshot3.png

Sorry if it's blurry to you, I had to resize it a LOT. Oh and also sorry if it is in the wrong spot, as you can see to the left, I am pretty new, so I'm not sure if I'm right putting LDD work based off of a licensed theme.

And here's the requested updated version (added to this post also by request)

lddscreenshot5.png

Edited by shadowreaperx

Here it is, The final battle between Harry and Voldemort watched by 4 death eaters

I know there are probably some flaws, but HP 7.2 has not yet been released and i haven't read the last book so there. :sadnew:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=4765210

Sorry if it's blurry to you, I had to resize it a LOT. Oh and also sorry if it is in the wrong spot, as you can see to the left, I am pretty new, so I'm not sure if I'm right putting LDD work based off of a licensed theme.

Just to let you know, the file is not public, meaning that (for me at least) it is unaccessable.

Sirius

Just to let you know, the file is not public, meaning that (for me at least) it is unaccessable.

Sirius

well, I'm also new at posting pictures, so, yeah, when I learn how to make it public, I will.

well, I'm also new at posting pictures, so, yeah, when I learn how to make it public, I will.

Here you go, I deeplinked it for you. :wink: (Next time, just right-click on the image on BS, then 'Copy Image Location' and insert the link in the Insert Image button.

lddscreenshot3.png

Looks pretty good, though the forest ground could use a few more details (rocks, plants, grass). Still, nice work! :thumbup:

Here you go, I deeplinked it for you. :wink: (Next time, just right-click on the image on BS, then 'Copy Image Location' and insert the link in the Insert Image button.

lddscreenshot3.png

Looks pretty good, though the forest ground could use a few more details (rocks, plants, grass). Still, nice work! :thumbup:

Thanks! I made an updated version to make it better and your post helped me a lot!

lddscreenshot5.png

Though I use google chrome so it's "copy image URL" but I still understand

look carefully and see who you find! By the way, the picture is not there.

Edited by shadowreaperx

Thanks! I made an updated version to make it better and your post helped me a lot!

lddscreenshot5.png

Though I use google chrome so it's "copy image URL" but I still understand

look carefully and see who you find! By the way, the picture is not there.

No problem, I'm glad I could help. :classic:

Now this updated version looks much better with the additional details. :thumbup: I'm not really familiar with the actual look of this scene, is there any reference photo (a screenshot perhaps) for comparison?

That looks good :thumbup: not sure about the parrot though :laugh:. good job wit detail though.

Just a thought but couldn't you move the new image to the first post along with the original one for comparison and ease of viewing.

That looks good :thumbup: not sure about the parrot though :laugh:. good job wit detail though.

Just a thought but couldn't you move the new image to the first post along with the original one for comparison and ease of viewing.

You probably noticed this scrolling down, but yep! i put the new and old into the first post for comparison :wink:

And no, there was no comparison shot. Just what I thought the scene would look like without reading the book (which I am still on 5).

The forest looks very dark and scary. I would suggest putting more leaves on the trees. Other then that it looks good! :thumbup:

Nice creation and vision of the final battle. But Primusman, would you please delete your spoiler? I wouldn't want to disappoint shadowreaperx with giving the most important elements of the Harry Potter series away, he's reading the 5th book. Spoiling something like that now isn't fun, although you used the !spoiler alert! sign. I surely hope he hasn't seen it yet. :sceptic:

Edited by Matn

Nice creation and vision of the final battle. But Primusman, would you please delete your spoiler? I wouldn't want to disappoint shadowreaperx with giving the most important elements of the Harry Potter series away, he's reading the 5th book. Spoiling something like that now isn't fun, although you used the !spoiler alert! sign. I surely hope he hasn't seen it yet. :sceptic:

Oh, big time, though my brother already told me whom Harry is married with *Cough!* *Ginny!* *Cough!*. Man I have a strange cold...And also I don't really care 'bout the spoiler...'slong as I finish book 7 before the movie comes out because I'll probably forget what ^ someone ^ put in their post by then anyways! And it is kind of obvious Harry gets killed (in the trailer Voldie says "Harry potter...the boy who lived... come to die" and used 'Avada Kedavra'.

Edited by shadowreaperx

I'm very sorry, and meant no harm. I put the spoiler alert in hopes that if he didn't want to know, he wouldn't read it. When I know there's a spoiler, I often like seeing it ahead of time, as it gives me some more info as a fan.

Also, thanks for being so kind about the spoiler, shadowreaperx.

EDIT: This truly is a great moc, by the way. I always love outdoors scenes!

Edited by Primusman

I like the use of the screwdrivers as wands.

Maybe it is just me, but if you change the plants and animals to more subdued colors, I'm assuming you are using the LEGO Universe filter, then it might add to the mood of the battle.

Hopefully that helps. Great LDD.

And it is kind of obvious Harry gets killed (in the trailer Voldie says "Harry potter...the boy who lived... come to die" and used 'Avada Kedavra'.

Spoiler Alert!

Wrong! :tongue: Harry survives Voldemort's Avada Kedavra and ends up killing Voldemort once and for all.

Lord Embo

Nice LDD you got there, the major flaw is showing to much baseplate, lack of bricks, plates, and plants makes a moc look kind of flat and bumpy. What i would do is first put down two bricks so Voldie and harry are level(the red and green trans is a great touch). Then build around those with more bricks and plates for a more alive scene. This is a great start, and a great moc! I hope i didn't offend you with my advice though :classic::thumbup: .

Edited by brickartist

lddscreenshot3.png

And here's the requested updated version (added to this post also by request)

lddscreenshot5.png

How did you get capes on the minifigs?

To answer some things, first, I'm not that experienced with LDD, second, I just finished book 7 last week, so I made my comments before reading the last book, and I couldn't have gotten a reference picture, for the second half of the movie hasn't been out yet, and, honestly people, COME ON! I did this as a little project to entertain myself and other fans, and it's not like everyone here is always movie accurate! Also on lego universe mode, search mantle, you get the cape.

Edited by shadowreaperx