Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Red Scare Mystery - Chapter One

redscaremysterybanner.png

Chapter One - Arrivals

img_0232.jpg

It was early morning in Alabatha, and the townsfolk had assembled in town just after sunrise, as ordered. In the distance, the roar of an engine was heard.

img_0234.jpg

It was Congressman Bob, driving in with a security agent, a congressional officer, and the House Un-American Committee Investigator.

img_0236.jpg

The car came to a halt outside the crowd, as the occupants started to climb out.

img_0238.jpg

"Good morning, Congressman." the mayor said, shaking his hand.

"Hello." he said simply. He was not pleased to be here.

img_0240.jpg

The Congressman took the stage to begin a speech.

"People of Alabatha." he began. "I come before you with less than pleasing news. Working with the Central Intelligence Agency as well as the House Un-American Committee, we have found evidence that two communist spies are currently living among you."

He paused.

"You should be warned. These spies are exceptionally gifted in their talents, having trained for years for the difficult objective of infiltration. They will be hard to catch indefinitely. However, the United States Government shall not abandon you. We shall aid you in finding these wretched people. I'd like to welcome Senior Investigator Matt Liebenston."

The townsfolk clapped as the Investigator stepped off the platform to address the people.

img_0242.jpg

"I'm afraid to tell you that until we can positively identify the spies among you, we're forced to name all of you as suspects. Hopefully, as the investigation proceeds, we'll be able to remove some people from the suspect list. Until them, all property in this town is liable to search."

"That's not legal!" a townsperson yelled.

"What are you some kind of a communist? I happen to have a personal copy of the Constitution in my pocket, so I think I know what's legal and what's illegal."

The Congressman stood watching from the podium, somewhat saddened by the investigations. Once the HUAC Investigator was finished, Dieter Schneider stepped forward with a suggestion.

img_0246.jpg

"Let's go have breakfast at my store." he suggested.

"After that, we'll begin investigations." Liebenston said.

The townsfolk headed off for Dieter's Grocery Store and Deli, in high spirits.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Characters:

Government Workers

mayorian.jpg

Ian Bradford (Mayor) played by Walter Kovacs

tcm.jpg

Will Ackerson (Town Councilman) played by iamded

judge.jpg

Alan Cain (Judge) played by JCC1004

chief.jpg

Ryan Phelps (Police Chief) played by JimButcher

cop1.jpg

Tim Fields (Police Officer) played by CallMePie

cop2.jpg

Louis Harrison (Police Officer) played by Brickme

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working Class

chefdieter.jpg

Dieter Schneider (Chef) played by Shadows

doctor.jpg

Simon Lloyd (Doctor) played by Burman

lawyer.jpg

Patrick Jefferson (Lawyer) Played by Professor Flitwick

dockworker.jpg

James Falzone (Dock Worker) played by CorneliusMurdock

nurse.jpg

Julie “Princess” Parker (Nurse) played by The Crazy One

farmer.jpg

Alan Simmons (Farmer) played by Fugazi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Other

dolores.jpg

Dolores Jefferson (Housewife) played by Def

gloria.jpg

Gloria Jefferson (Student) played by Admiral Ron

stevie.jpg

Stevie Jefferson (Student) played by Legonater

retiredsalesman.jpg

Ralph Jenkins (Retired Salesman) played by Cralegoboy

retiredwife.jpg

Valerie Jenkins (Housewife) played by Sok117

huac_man.jpg

Matt Liebenston (HUAC Investigator) Played by Dragonator

Reserves:

-Captain Genero

-Captain Becker

-Capt.JohnPaul

-Mrlegoninja

-Peanuts

(Borrowed partly from Dragonator’s Mystery Manor)

1. There are 18 participants. If you commit to the game you are committing to contributing to the story and sticking with it to the end. I am trusting you all not to drop out halfway through, as that is never any fun.

2. You must search for clues. This means that an action must be specified. For example, you wish to search a room for hidden objects. The following is an example of how not to go about this:

"I wish to look for suspicious or hidden objects in this room".

Instead, you must be able to specify what you want to do. For example:

"I would like to open the drawers of the cabinet."

It is not required for you to specify exactly what you are doing and what you are looking for, but a generalized statement will not find you anything. Act like a detective and you will be fine.

3. This game is meant to be fun, so enjoy yourselves!

4. Please be patient with me between chapters, I will try to put up the chapter topics as quickly as possible, but, this might not be so all the time.

5. Please try to avoid editing your posts, as it can lead to suspicion against you. Just consider what you want to say before you say it, and you'll be fine.

6. Please remember that this is the early 1950’s. No iPods, digital cameras, cell phones, printers, computers, fax machines, or otherwise. No events past the current date either, or else people will view you as insane.

7. I won’t keep you in a certain room if you don’t want me too. You’ll always have the option of backtracking or researching the same place.

8. The host is usually always right. If you think I’ve made an error, then please discuss this in the discussion thread or feel free to PM me.

9. Failure to follow these rules will result in a warning. A second failure will result in the death of your character.

10. Remember that although a chapter has ended, that doesn’t mean that the day has concluded, and night actions can be used.

10b. There are also chapter actions. Those of you with chapter actions have the ability to use them at the end of each chapter.

11. No Metagaming please. Also, don’t base suspicions on how the person looks.

Rules may be added or deleted as the game goes on based on game play.

12. This is the 1950’s, the middle of the Cold War. You’re under constant worry of potential nuclear Armageddon, so act like it. The Communists are your enemies in this game, don’t forget that. Also, anytime historical facts from the 1950’s are brought in is a big plus.

Please everyone note that The Legonater is currently "Taking a Break"

Good luck!

Hm. Commies? Just some more bad guys. Back in my day, we just shot 'em and went along our merry business. I'm a Great War veteran, I should know! *Scoff* Spies. Damn commies, using trickery and such. I won't dwell on this again until the time comes, though! Breakfast! Come along, Valerie!

Oh good God! Commies? Here? Well... if a Congressman says it's for the best, then it's for the best. Best get down to finding some clues - Hmm... is that Apple Pie I see there, Dieter!

I would like to have the inside of Schneider's store shown/described to us please.

Good Morning Congressman Bob, and Matt. I am glad that you arrived safely but with unfortunate news. Hmm... I'll take a strong cup of coffee and a croissant please, Dieter.

I would like to have the inside of Schneider's store shown/described to us please.

Dieter's store has a black and white tile pattern on the floor. There's a few shelves all around the store filled with various gourmet items. Dieter would stand behind the cash register serving the people. Behind the register there's a few items which he'll use to prepare the orders. There's a door in the back of the room leading towards the stockroom. There doesn't appear to be anything suspicious inside the store.

Well, looks like we've got a coupla reds on our hands, huh? Don't worry, as Chief of Police, I will do my best to track down these commies. Now, how 'bout that breakfast, huh?

While waiting for my breakfast, I'd like to casually peek at the stockroom.

While waiting for my breakfast, I'd like to casually peek at the stockroom.

From what you can see, there's a few boxes of food from reputable companies all over the United States. More towards the back, there's a door leading to the outside. Once again, there doesn't appear to be anything suspicious in the stockroom.

I casually get up to use the restroom. I'd like to read whatever is written on the stall doors and walls.

It is a shame that our fair town has fallen under the red curse that is plaguing the world. I am sure that working together we will discover these communists and show them what American justice is all about.

I'd like to look at the menu, just to make sure borscht or chicken kiev aren't on there.

I casually get up to use the restroom. I'd like to read whatever is written on the stall doors and walls.

The bathroom stalls are clean, as well as the walls. There is nothing written anywhere in the bathroom, except for a reminder to wash your hands before returning to work. It would appear that there is nothing suspicious inside the bathroom.

I'd like to look at the menu, just to make sure borscht or chicken kiev aren't on there.

Those items aren't on the menu.

These communist pigs just don't give up, do they? You'd think they'd learn, but still they come back looking for more. Well, I won't stand for it, I'm going to turn this town upside down until we've shaken out the filth that is festering here.

Matt looks around suspiciously.

I wish to look for suspicious or hidden objects in this room!

...what's that? Oh, right.

I would like to open the drawers of the cabinet!

Those blasted commies could be hiding anywhere!

Welcome one and all! Please feel free to look anywhere you want and order anything on the menu, it's free today. For the rest of our time together, I'll give everyone in town a 10% discount and free refills on coffee, so come back often!

Seeing that this is my own place, I don't really have anything to investigate, so I'd just like to listen in on any conversations that might be occurring as I serve the coffee.

Dieter's store has a black and white tile pattern on the floor. There's a few shelves all around the store filled with various gourmet items. Dieter would stand behind the cash register serving the people. Behind the register there's a few items which he'll use to prepare the orders. There's a door in the back of the room leading towards the stockroom. There doesn't appear to be anything suspicious inside the store.

I'd like to search in and under the cash register, please.

I'm not sure if this place's food is equal to my home cooking.

I'd like to check out the items behind the cash register.

*watches like a hawk*

I'm not sure if this place's food is equal to my home cooking.

No ma'am, I'm certain it isn't. While we do offer deliciously meals without all the effort of cooking them yourself, no one could measure up to the standards of a lovely housewife like you. As long as you shop in our well-stocked and modern grocery, that is.

I must admit, I've heard very good things about your pie. :wink:

Well Chef, this must be the best cooked breakfast I've had in all the years since my poor Wilma died! I should pay a visit more often. Now Dieter -- can I call you Dieter? -- that name doesn't sound like your family is from this county. Were you born... hmm.. overseas perhaps?

I must admit, I've heard very good things about your pie. :wink:

Ah, you sure know talk nice :thumbup: I'm sure I can arrange a hot piece for you :grin:

All the same, I'd still like to check what you have in the items you have behind the register.

Well Chef, this must be the best cooked breakfast I've had in all the years since my poor Wilma died! I should pay a visit more often.

Thank you very much! Please come back often. :sweet:

Now Dieter -- can I call you Dieter? -- that name doesn't sound like your family is from this county. Were you born... hmm.. overseas perhaps?

Of course you may call me Dieter, friend. If you think about it, all of our families are from somewhere else if you go back far enough, but yes, I am German. As you may know, we hate the communists for tearing our country apart and imprisoning so many of our people in an oppressive government. I was fortunate enough to escape to find equality and opportunities here in this fine land. The rewards of my hard work stand around you in the form of the grocery of my dreams. :wub:

Ah, you sure know talk nice :thumbup: I'm sure I can arrange a hot piece for you :grin:

I love a hot piece ... of pie. :wink:

All the same, I'd still like to check what you have in the items you have behind the register.

Of course, maybe I can help you lean back there! :grin:

I would like to open the drawers of the cabinet!

Matt finds a cabinet filled with spices for sale nearby the fresh produce. There are no communists inside the cabinet.

Patrick searches the cash register. There's a few bills inside the register, as well as coins. The cash register is heavy as Patrick lifts it, to deter theft. There's dust underneath it, as well as a few misplaced dollar bills, which were probably forgotten.

I'd like to check out the items behind the cash register.

Dolores checks out the items behind the counter. Dieter would be making breakfast sandwiches, as there are eggs, bread, and other supplies used to do so. There doesn't appear to be anything suspicious about the items, other than the jelly might be expired. The sandwiches should be prepared at this point as well.

*watches like a hawk*

Dieter watches Patrick go through his cash register, ensuring that he doesn't steal anything.

"Is everyone about ready to head out and begin investigations?" the Congressman asks.

I'm satisfied here. Can we know what the neighboring buildings are?

Thanks for the breakfast, Mr. Dieter. Now let's go hunt us some commies.

I'm satisfied here. Can we know what the neighboring buildings are?

The building is next to the Town Hall on one side, and a hotel on the other side. Across the street is the Alabatha Department Store, the Hospital, and the Fire Department.

I think all of us are just about ready, Mr. Congressman.

"Excellent." Congressman Bob says.

He gets up and leads the people out.

img_0253.jpg

They gather around the Congressman and the House Un-American Committee Investigator.

huac_man.jpg

"I've compiled a list of buildings in the town that we could investigate." Matt says.

He reads it out loud.

-Hotel

-Alabatha Department Store

-Fire Department

-Alan Simmons’ Farm/Residence

-Jenkins’ Residence

-Jefferson Residence

-Schneider Residence

-Bradford Residence

-Parker Residence

-Town Hall/Police Station

-Seaport

"We've already investigated the Grocery Store earlier, so I excluded that from the list. Decide amongst yourselves where you'd like to go first." the Congressman says.

-Hotel

-Alabatha Department Store

-Fire Department

-Alan Simmons’ Farm/Residence

-Jenkins’ Residence

-Jefferson Residence

-Schneider Residence

-Bradford Residence

-Parker Residence

-Town Hall/Police Station

-Seaport

I think we should start from the start with the Hotel; no one has done anything suspisous to warrant us searching their homes.