Sign in to follow this  
plokoon 4 life!

Viper MKII

A couple of days ago I was cleaning up my LDD MOCs when I found the MKII, after viewing the creation again I found it was not accurate at all. the wings were too small, the rear section was too big, the tail was too big and the colour scheme didnt make any sense. So I now give you The Colonial Viper MKII, MKII :laugh:

lddscreenshot75.png

An overall shot of the ship, with four of Galactica's Crew. From left to right: Apollo, Galen Tyrol, Saul Tigh and Starbuck :wink:

lddscreenshot76.png

As you can see the ship is visibly different. New engine design, different tail, larger wings, landing gear etc.

lddscreenshot78.png

and one last picture of the stern.

C&C welcome :wink:

Hello!

Indeed, the Viper from BSG has a unique and elegant shape. You built an excellent version here. :classic: It has the sleek and elegant lines of the original. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

It looks really good.

The only things I'd change is the cockpit to the one used for Y-wings/X-wings, and the nose.

kgcgvipermk2020.jpg

You have the X-wing style nose where as the viper is more of a curve. This part would be good.

D: I'm starting to sound like fallenangel

Nice LDD job there, sorry for not noticing earlier 'plokoon 4 life' ! :wink:

My favorite is the original 1979 viper, 2003 BSG is in my opinion as a former sci-fi writer and movie buff is a horror....sorry, but that's how I feel....how they talked Richard Hatch into it I don't know ! :devil:

800 round machine guns on space fighters and WW-II cannon shells on hyper-drive battlestars please....no original ideas, all rehashed from BSG, Star Trek, B-5, everywhere...rant over !

Maybe it's time I do some BSG that is original and the best :grin: , I wonder if I can do a custom Adama and Apollo....oh yeah male Starbuck and Boomer too ! :wink:

Brick on with the Lords of Kobol ! :grin:

Very nice little ship, just waiting to be built twice that size, imagine the details you can add!

Hmmm. no, this moc is done for now. who knows, i might come back later to change something:)

So say we all!