Sign in to follow this  
Mister Phes

The Curse of the Mummy

I saw it in a local toy store a long time ago. I haven't read it, but I seem to remember that I thumbed through it. I own one of the castle ones (makes sense, huh?) but not this one. I looked around and found the bricklink page for it. There is one on there right now. It s $5 US but I don't know how that compares with the price in the Ebay auction. Are you thinking of getting it?

Josh

I saw this a few months ago searching the web for Egyptian Desert and Mummy sets/MOCs. I don't remember ever seeing this in stores. I always like the imagery that Lego uses for these sets. I wish I could replicate the graphics. I'd make my own story books if I could.

I saw it in a local toy store a long time ago. I haven't read it, but I seem to remember that I thumbed through it. I own one of the castle ones (makes sense, huh?) but not this one. I looked around and found the bricklink page for it. There is one on there right now. It s $5 US but I don't know how that compares with the price in the Ebay auction. Are you thinking of getting it?

No, I'm not interested in owning otherwise I wouldn't have posted it until after the auction had finished :-D No need to increase the competition which could potentially make me pay more or miss out on winning the item you see. I posted because I thought there might be some Adventurers around here that would be interesed...

I own one of the castle ones (makes sense, huh?)

They have castle books like this as well? Does it have 3D images like this Adventurers book? Do you know how old it is?

I have a Rock Raiders one, 'borrowed' from my old school. I never remembered to return it....

Dunno how that really adds anything to this discussion though. :$

They have castle books like this as well? Does it have 3D images like this Adventurers book? Do you know how old it is?

Yes, it has the same sorts of images. I have "Castle Under Attack" and it says it was released in 2000.

Josh

This has me wondering if there was a pirate book of this nature. Probably not since the Pirate theme ended in 1997 and these books were released post 1997...

This has me wondering if there was a pirate book of this nature. Probably not since the Pirate theme ended in 1997 and these books were released post 1997...
i checked and didn't see any pirate books inventoried on bricklink (other than the ladybird books)... sadly, no western books either.

does anyone know if these books were released in the US ??? all the sellers on bricklink, and the seller from this particular ebay auction are from overseas (from me, anyway).

thanks in advanced - brickminer

To my knowledge there were 4 Ladybird Pirate books and about a dozen comics. How many books does BrickLink have in stock? What keywords do you use to find them?

does anyone know if these books were released in the US ??? all the sellers on bricklink, and the seller from this particular ebay auction are from overseas (from me, anyway).

I live in the US and I saw some of the books in stores here. I've never seen them in the big chain stores but the small independent stores often stock things like this.

How many books does BrickLink have in stock? What keywords do you use to find them?

The best way is the to use the catalog. On the category scroll bar, run down close to the bottom and there will be a section for books. There are seven different categories though, so it takes some digging to find a particular book. The Mummy one was under puzzle books and the Castle book is in the learning section.

Hope this helps,

Josh

he best way is the to use the catalog. On the category scroll bar, run down close to the bottom and there will be a section for books. There are seven different categories though, so it takes some digging to find a particular book. The Mummy one was under puzzle books and the Castle book is in the learning section.

you can also search by theme... so just go to catalog and search the books section for pirates... it shows only 4 ladybird books and 1 comic (are there others ???) (a dozen ???)

As far as I know there was only 4 Ladybird books, but as for the comics I'm not sure. There's obviously the first one which can be found on eBay and BrickLink but as for the rest I've never seen them. They only indication to their existence is on one of the pirate pages in one of the 1991 LEGO Catalogue, can't remember which one though... Anyway, this particular page has small "thumbnails" of at least 8 different Pirate comics. I have an image somewhere, and its been posted in one of the threads but I can't seem to find it again to show you. I'll have a thorough look later.

UPDATE!!!

The auction has ended and only one bid was placed, so I guess the Adventurers books aren't highly saught after here! Has anyone seen this book on Bricklink with a price? This link provided by JoshW doesn't have any pricing details.

Has anyone seen this book on Bricklink with a price? This link provided by JoshW doesn't have any pricing details.

If you click on the price guide in that link, it shows that it last sold for $5 US.

Josh

Are you interested in owning a copy of this fine book, Mr Brick Miner?

Actually, I might have enjoyed getting the Adventurers one for my kids since they are fans. Is there any waywe can see what the book looks like inside - to see if it is appropriate for my kids?

Are you interested in owning a copy of this fine book, Mr Brick Miner?[?QUOTE]possibly*, but more over, im just interested in increasing my knowledge of the LEGO company, and how it opperates (or how it did in 1998).

*i would be interested in this book, but first id want to complete my adventurers egypt MISB collection.