Jameson42

Winter Village: Barney's Books

Welcome!

Come on in to Barney's Book store.

5200476688_f2016eb2e1.jpg

Barney sells rare new and used books.

5200475440_fe02deeaa2.jpg

A mother and son peruse Barney's collection.

5199880615_5291d5dfd0.jpg

Look out for the kids throwing snowballs out front!

5200472250_28f3d389ae.jpg

Thanks for visiting!

5199878009_bc48f33023.jpg

I had a lot of fun building this one! I recently finished putting together my Winter Bakery and Winter Toy Shop, and couldn't resist building my own shop to go with them.

All photos also available on my Flickr

Edited by Jameson42

Excellent work! I love this one - it looks just like a building LEGO would make for the line. My favorite little touches are the icicles and snowballs!

Just smegging AWESOME 'Jameson42', from the very high angle roof pitch to the entrance way, etc., - I feel this is the best one so far.....good luck and keep on playing in the snow ! :sweet:

This is the only entry so far to make me actually say wow out loud (no offence to other entries :grin: )

This is just amazing. I love the slanted roof, the uneven snow, the icicles, everything is just so fantastic! :wub::blush:

Another quality Winter Village Entry! I simply love the high angled roof, as well as the perfect use of the arch piece in the front of the roof. The clever positioning of the various white slopes really approximate real-life snow on the roof and pavements. And that trans-blue flame piece for the icicles is a pretty neat detail. Very good job Jameson42 and good luck in the contest! default_thumbup.gif

This definitely is my favorite entry so far. It's architecturally different from the two official buildings so far, yet fits in perfectly. I really like how you did the snow covering. Excellent work Jameson. :classic:

What a gorgeous building!

You have used some really great parts for this. I love the upside down fences.

And that red Belville arch is just delicious. :wub:

:thumbup: Well done.

5199878009_bc48f33023.jpg

Beautiful MOC! I especially like theeffect of the snowcover on the flat-foot entrance portion! Very good idea! Just missing an icicle :wink:, oh I saw some on the other side! So probably the owner fulfille dhis obligation and removed them.

Can't stop watching it!

fW

Wow, very nice! :sweet: It's so different from the official sets, and yet so similar. Nice touch to choose a corner entrance :thumbup:. This one is going to be tough to beat...

Great entry, Jameson42! :thumbup:

I particularly like the roof, the upside down fences and the red Belville arch. I also like the minifigs used, they all fit in with the scene well.

Very well done. :classic:

~buddy~

Architecturally this is just jaw-dropping. I love how the snow on the building looks so realistic with its drifts etc.

In the fifth picture the storekeeper looks like he's telling the children off! Brilliant! :wub: