StoutFiles

OT sets still left to make

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Due to the lack of OT sets so far this year, it got me thinking that Lego has already done a lot of OT sets and there aren't many original ideas left without yet another remake. Let's remind them that there are still important scenes/ships in the OT that haven't been touched!

Episode IV:

Lars' Homestead

Tusken Raider Attack (and banthas)

Obi-Wan's Home

Yavin IV Temple

Must Remake: Mos Eisley Cantina (more than one table)

Episode V:

Executor (ship)

Rebel Transport (ship)

Jedi Training (with tree)

Nebulon-B (ship)

Must Remake: Hoth Rebel Base (more than wall and turret)

Must Remake: Cloud City (similar to UCS Death Star)

Episode VI:

Ewok Capture (large net)

Ewok Village

Home One (the ship, not scene)

Must Remake: Jabba's Palace (include prison, rancor)

Must Remake: Final Duel II (full bridge, landing pad)

Note that some scenes have been left out due to extremely slim hopes that Lego would make them. For example, the amount of bricks needed for an accurate Mos Eisley Hangar which would have little to no play value.

Note that all sets could be remade to improve quality, but I feel that these sets are most in need of a remake.

Do you agree with what I have so far? Any important scenes/ships I left out or in drastic need of a remake? Please take into account the playability / possible build of a scene. For example, I wouldn't know how you would begin building a set "Inside the Asteroid Worm", so I left it off.

Interesting, I agree that Lego should at least make 2 OT Sets a year as it was the original Star Wars and is still useful even though PT and CW rule star wars nowadays. :classic:

Edited by commanderneyo

This list is actually almost complete.

The final duel was actually done with the Death Star.

One thing to add would probably be the Millennium Falcon, not in UCS, but in minifig-scale.

One thing to add would probably be the Millennium Falcon, not in UCS, but in minifig-scale.

Final Duel II is an old set and is the scene where Luke turns himself in on Endor. The set name is highly misleading, it would obviously need to be changed should they ever remake this set.

I agree the MF should be remade, but I have no doubt they will remake it at some point. A new MF set is the same as printing money.

Lars' Homestead That would be one boring set... the only thing you can do with it is replaying the death of Lars :sceptic:

Tusken Raider Attack (and banthas) A bantha would be great. Some more tusken raiders as well, the last set to contain them is 8 years old...

Obi-Wan's Home Again, boring and not very different from other houses. Who would buy it?

Yavin IV Temple Would be a nice UCS set.

Must Remake: Mos Eisley Cantina (more than one table) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Episode V:

Executor (ship) Mmh... there is the UCS IDS already, the Executor looks similiar... I would like it though.

Jedi Training (with tree) I like it.

Nebulon-B (ship) Definitely :thumbup:

Must Remake: Hoth Rebel Base (more than wall and turret) After Echo Base and Hoth Rebel Base I don't think this is necessary.

Must Remake: Cloud City (similar to UCS Death Star) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

What I would add: UCS AT-AT. If one vehicle deserves to get an UCS release it's the AT-AT.

Episode VI:

Ewok Capture (large net) This set would contain about 10 figs but nearly no bricks. I don't think TLG would make such a set.

Ewok Village :thumbup:

Home One (the ship, not scene) :thumbup: :thumbup:

Must Remake: Jabba's Palace (include prison, rancor) :thumbup: :thumbup:

Must Remake: Final Duel II (full bridge, landing pad) :thumbup:

What I would add: A new Tie Fighter with grey stripes instead of blue ones. Just the Tie Fighter with a pilot for 15 $.

Edited by Emperor

The Homestead is a set you can stick with a vehicle to make it a little better. I admit the release of the new Landspeeder hurt its chances. Maybe release it with a new Skyhopper or the Lars family speeder? (not shown in the movie but it's a different model than Lukes)

Personally I would put Tusken Raiders and a Bantha with Obi Wans home, I just separated them here.

They've done a good job with continuous OT sets so I don't doubt that an AT-AT is coming. I agree that it needs to be made, but like a new MF, its release is inevitable.

The Executor, Nebulon-B, and Cloud City are the ones I want. ESB is my favorite movie of the 7.

Edited by Brickdoctor

I do want an UCS ARC ! :o

The Executer, Nebulon-B, and Cloud City are the ones I want. ESB is my favorite movie of the 7.

Executor is the correct spelling.

Edited by StoutFiles

I don't want to be a nag or anything, but aren't all these 'what would you like to see' threads popping up lately getting a bit out of hand? Perhaps we should stick to one or two threads instead.

On another note: It is definitely time for TLG to remake the Tie-fighter.

Edited by Stegoceras

UCS TIE Fighter

Have I said this enough yet? :grin:

A matching UCS TIE collection with Fighter, Bbomber, Interceptor, and Defender or AD/1. Cost a lot but I would get it straight away.

UCS TIE Fighter

Have I said this enough yet? :grin:

Agreed. This is quite possibly the most important release IMO. Its the most iconic Imperial fighter, we need it. A new System scale Tie in Grey wouldn't hurt either :wink:

The majority of the lists I agree with. However The hoth sets mentioned are not really neccesary. The Wampa cave Really finished off that line, The rest is (and rightly so) Left to the MOCing ability of those who want a full scene. There wouldn't be a big enough demand for a set of 5000 2x4 White plates in the shape of sand dunes (although I wold consider it.. :laugh: )

A new system MF is probably on it's way at some stage - Unfortunately. Hopefully it'll be a completely new/different design, that would be nice :classic:

The 2 things I agree with most that you have said would have to be: Remake of Cantina, and Ewok Village :wub:

Good Idea BTW. Hopefully this topic may get noticed by TLG :wink:

The ESB rebel transport is a must!

I want a new Tie bomber - this time designed by an adult...

Rebel transport, good thinking.

I'll be removing the Hoth base since people feel there are enough Hoth items. There are more important sets.

I wouldn't mind more Hoth or models based on it. How about a UCS Probe Droid? As for system scale sets: Maybe a detailed control room attached to a hanger. But thinking about it, it does sound similar to the Home One play set. I guess there isn't much left from Hoth that can be done on a small scale. Like someone said earlier, a full battle scene is best left to the moccers like Brickplumber. But still, something more than just sliding doors would be nice. Did anyone miss out on K-3PO? That droid is the main reason I bought the rebel base. Would anyone want a re-issue of that figure?

As a sort of battle pack, Lego could release the personnel hanger transport. 4-6 figures and a small vehicle that is authentic to the movie, unlike the rebel scout speeder, as nice as that set was.

I sort of like the idea of a Super Star Destroyer, but I don't think I'd want it as a system scale set/play set. A mini would still be much bigger than the mini Star Destroyer if kept to scale, and a Midi would be massive, if kept to scale. A midi SSD would still be as big as the UCS SD. Of course, if the scale was shrunk, even a UCS SSD would be feasible. I suppose LEGO could take areas of the ship or any Star Destroyer and turn them into play sets. A detailed Vader's chamber or crew pit and bridge. Not very playful though.

I think the midi scale would suit the frigate and rebel transport. But the rebel transport could also be a play set, or an excuse for Lego to fill a kit full of figures. Home One would also look good in midi scale, if not as a UCS model. It would look good alongside the Star Destroyer.

The Nebulon Frigate could also be UCS with mini scale Falcon attached to it.

As for Tatooine, I think that's another area that has been done to death by Lego. Obi Wan's home would have little playability, but hey, how many times did Hagrid's hut get released in the Harry Potter line?

The Lars Homestead might be a better option and would go well with the Sandcrawler. A few more Jawas wouldn't be sniffed at either.

Banthas and Tuskens could be doable. Maybe we'll see Tuskens again if the rumoured Pod Racer sets get released.

But the Cantina set should definitely be looked into by Lego. It could be modular and sold as separate small kits like the Jabba's palace trio.

They could release the main bar with Luke, Ben, Ponda, Evazan and the barman, maybe a couple of extra alien figs. And all the booths around the bar can be extra kits bought separately. A music booth with the Modal Nodes, one with Han and Greedo, and others with different aliens and humans doing their thing or Stormtroopers checking out the bar. That bar is a missed opportunity for Lego. Maybe they don't want to condone drinking.

I'm not sure what people are wanting from Cloud City. Another play set, but better? Maybe another modular design with each room sold separately? As a USC, I'm picturing a doughnut with excessive greebles on top.

I wouldn't mind a redesigned cloud car with actual pilots. And Lobot needs a reissue as a 'fleshy'

An Ewok village could be a hit, and certainly different. It's not like Lego have released much in the way of forest scenes and trees with the Star Wars line up. Compared to Hoth and Tatooine, Endor has been largely ignored.

I'd like to see a landing platform or a redesigned system scale shuttle. It's a shame the last walker wasn't Endor based, but then it was only in the film for a moment.

I agree about the Tie fighter. We need a grey one. Ditto for the Bomber or Tie Shuttle with a doomed Captain Needa.

The UCS MF was minifig scale.

The UCS MF was minifig scale.

I think what he means is another system Falcon. The most recent one was released all the way back in 2004. A lot of people feel like it's time for another one.

The ESB rebel transport is a must!

I want a new Tie bomber - this time designed by an adult...

Judging by the other TIEs of that time, I don't think the bomber was done all that badly.

And a Gallorfree transport would be nice. :classic:

I sort of like the idea of a Super Star Destroyer, but I don't think I'd want it as a system scale set/play set. A mini would still be much bigger than the mini Star Destroyer if kept to scale, and a Midi would be massive, if kept to scale. A midi SSD would still be as big as the UCS SD. Of course, if the scale was shrunk, even a UCS SSD would be feasible. I suppose LEGO could take areas of the ship or any Star Destroyer and turn them into play sets. A detailed Vader's chamber or crew pit and bridge. Not very playful though.

Well it's not like it needs to dwarf the UCS ISD...just look at the Tantive IV. It's about the same size as the ISD in Lego form, yet in the movie the ISD dwarfs it. All I expect is a detailed Executor on the outside and, if it opens, a nice bridge on the inside to talk to bounty hunters on.

As for Tatooine, I think that's another area that has been done to death by Lego. Obi Wan's home would have little playability, but hey, how many times did Hagrid's hut get released in the Harry Potter line?

The Lars Homestead might be a better option and would go well with the Sandcrawler. A few more Jawas wouldn't be sniffed at either.

I'd love this, but I wouldn't love the price tag.

That bar is a missed opportunity for Lego. Maybe they don't want to condone drinking.

I've wondered this as well. The opening bar scene is arguably one of the greatest scenes in Star Wars, so many unique aliens all in one scene. It blew initial audiences away according to the director commentary. There has to be a reason why they haven't attacked this set fully.

I'm not sure what people are wanting from Cloud City. Another play set, but better? Maybe another modular design with each room sold separately? As a USC, I'm picturing a doughnut with excessive greebles on top.

A playset similar to the UCS Death Star. A little wider and a tad shorter. The last playset has yellow figs, rooms with no separation, and because of some rare minifigs is incredibly overpriced to go buy online for people who got in to the SW game too late. Not to mention that Cloud City has some of the greatest OT scenes. This will sell just as well, if not better, as the Death Star if they do it right.

An Ewok village could be a hit, and certainly different. It's not like Lego have released much in the way of forest scenes and trees with the Star Wars line up. Compared to Hoth and Tatooine, Endor has been largely ignored.

I'd like to see a landing platform or a redesigned system scale shuttle. It's a shame the last walker wasn't Endor based, but then it was only in the film for a moment.

Yes, I really want a good Ewok Village, but I'm worried that they'll half-megablocks it though: one house, a tree, and a fire. I guess it all depends on how the Battle of Endor sales were for this set to happen.

I agree about the Tie fighter. We need a grey one. Ditto for the Bomber or Tie Shuttle with a doomed Captain Needa.

A New TIE fighter, bomber, and inceptor are needed to match Vader's new TIE. I wouldn't call these sets super important though, it's an easy mod with Bricklink to change the color scheme.

I think the Executor needs to be Midi-scale or Mini-scale, so that it matches one of the official ISD models, but with no play features. Just fitting the bridge on big enough to hold a couple minifgs (compare to ISD playset) means the longest LSW set ever, with a price probably in UCS MF range. I'm torn between 4-LOM and Zuckuss and a UCS model, though. :cry_sad:

Might as well cross the MF off your list after today's news.

Even with the overdose of Hoth type sets released, there still could be the Ion Cannon, Rebel Transport (mentioned), shield generator, main control room (mentioned).

Just with Endor, most of it was just trees and various troops. So there isn't much to make that hasn't already been made. Endor landing pad anyone? :wacko:

My thoughts on a cantina set, to me the only minifigs they might include would be Luke, Obi, Chewie, Han, Greedo. Thats about it. TLC wouldn't make all those different molds for unamed aliens in one set.