On a scale of 1 to 5  

134 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding!

Excellent review TheBrickster! Thanks for sharing. :thumbup: This is a very nice set having three quality new figs, one cool motorcycle, and a bunch of interesting elements. This might be the closest I'll get to getting a PQ set, since my budget is tied up with the other 2011 sets, so it's nice to see this review. :classic:

Great review Brickster! You are right to put out the fact Jack isn't in all sets, which is nice to see as I have my fill of Dastan's, and a grease monkey shirt/torso is great :thumbup:

I just love the mummies especially the two-sided head, it all adds up to a great small set.

Cheers

ISC.

Excellent review TheBrickster. This is the one set I definitely plan on getting from this theme. The minifig (one more vote for oil stains) is the best of the adventurer crew, the bike and the accessories (staff, swords) are great and the rest of the pieces look useful too.

Thanks for the fantastic review TheBrickster, I always enjoy your insightful comments, and the detailed look at the theme is greatly appreciated. I agree that the theme is certainly a more modernised version of Johny Thunder, though personally I think the Mechanic's shirt "holes" are patches of oil, since his profession makes such a thing inevitable, as others have said.

I quite like the look of the set, and the minifigs are lovely. I will likely get it, the theme is really shaping up to be a great parts supply.

I'm Batbrick! :devil:

Excellent review! I just love this set, those figures are fantastic!! :wub:

A good review, only I think the set is very poor. It's easy and using big parts. The bike itself looks good, but this is only the good part of the set.

I do like egypt theme, but those new sets...........

Great review for a great set! This theme is really beginning to get my attention. But because of space issues I'm only going to buy the set with the airplane :classic::thumbup:

What holes? I only see the stained shirt... I think its oil spots.. They are too brown for blood...

Ditto. Grease/oil spots. If they were HOLES, they'd be yellow. Besides...umm...he's a MECHANIC. LOL!

I'll probably snag more than one of these, money permitting. Love the bike, love the mummies and the mechanic's torso will be great for MOCing other figs in my town collection.

Edited by Ogre

Thanks for the great review TheBrickster!

I'm really starting to like the new Pharao's Quest sets. What I really love in this particular set is the motorcycle. The first thing that came into my mind was the motorcycle from the classic scene in "The Great Escape" with Steve McQueen. This is a MUST buy for sure! :sweet:

Thanks again for the splendid review!

I find it amusing that people are still arguing over what the spots on the mechanic represent.

I don't know what the argument is. They're paint spots. Dude is an artist. Everybody assumes he's a mechanic because he's got a little chest hair and says "Febyewary" instead of "Febrewary", but he's really the creative element of the PQ team. Those damn stereotypes!

I voted 3.

The good thing about this set is 3 excellent and new minifigs, and a few accessories.

The bad thing is that there is not much to build, and it's too simple.

I think this set is more comparable to the 2008 City minifigure set, compared to which which it costs 1e more, has 3 minifigs instead of 4. But the minifigs are definitely much more unique, and they are clearly the reason why to buy this set.

Overall I think it's just fine. Not being interested in the theme itself, I think this set is anyway a fairly good way to get some mummies, which can come handy in other themes/MOCs. The collectable series 3 mummy is cheaper (if you know how to identify it), but the mummies in Pharaoh's Curse are IMHO much, much better.

Edited by Legoist

I love the motorbike and the mechanic guy with the cool torso with the oil stains.

Both will look good in my City stuff.

Awesome review, it's nice to see the this new set in the flesh :laugh: so to speak.

Great review Beickster, like usual. :thumbup:

When looking at it, it reminds me of the Agents theme, (6 missions, 5 "treasures" type of idea) and the mummies are cool. I like the new shields and weapons too!

Great Review. The pictures were very nice and show alot of detail.

The motorcycle is awesome. I like it better than the IJ dirtbikes. I already have a hero in mind for it.

The staff is super-cool! I put a ruby in it for effect. I bet all the villains in my universe are itching to get their hands on it.

The mummy printings are nice. I especially like the two faces. The one-eye face is creepy! The kopesh and scarab shields are top notch, and the head dresses have army builder written all over them.

All-in-all, I'm really glad I picked this on up!

Very good review and photos!

The set itself is great too, I can't wait to have it here in my country! The design on the mummies and the weapons is very cool!

Thanks for the review The Brickster. Looks like a nice set, I especially like the dark red motorcycle. Also some interesting minifigures. I can't wait to get my hands on some of these pharaohs quest sets. :classic:

I got 4 of these last night in a TRU in New York for 9.99$ each

Four sets?!? Eight well-armed mummies? I smell an undead army coming on!

Four sets?!? Eight well-armed mummies? I smell an undead army coming on!

You read my mind! :laugh:

Now to wait a month for the Anubis guardians from the pyramids to get on bricklink, I have no intention (or enough cash) to get 4 pyramids

Thanks for the review :thumbup:

I love those new shields, remind me of the Dragon Quest IX Dark Shield.