Sign in to follow this  
Geertos13

Winter Village : Mrs Cherry's Christmas Candy Shop

Hello Fellow Eurobrickers.

This is the first time I'm doing something else than the Licensed Theme Forum, so for those who don't know me : I'm Geertos13 a Harry Potter fan, MOCer and Brickfilmer. I'm probably not the only one that came up with this idea, and Maybe some people already did it before me for this contest but I didn't take a look at any other entries to be sure I woudn't copy. So I decided to make ( probably the less original creation ever :tongue: ) :

LEGO WINTER VILLAGE : C.C.C.S Mrs Cherry's Christmas Candy Shop.

I'm not really into Lego Town/City but I actually loved the idea for the contest and I'm a Building fan :grin:

5192319456_304d214c10_b.jpg

So this it. Mrs Cherry's Christmas Candy Shop. I'm proud of it... I think I've respected all of the conditions for this contest. Maybe you woudn't say so, but My creation has more than 500 pieces, especially thanks to the one-by-one slopes I put everywhere kinda randomly. Okay, this building is a little smaller than average but It still is okay. It has a sweet small house and a little fun space.

I respected the Sets Structures which both got two or even three parts. In these two official sets, we have one building, a little white space with a few figures and/or a third space as a carriage or the big Christmas Tree.

In my Creation we have One building :

The Candy Shop !

So here is the inside

5192319468_4032d13e7e_z.jpg

Yup, It is quite small indeed, but it's a little candy shop, what were you expecting ? :classic:

Well, yeah, Even I must agree it is pretty smaller than the sets, but that isn't due to the lack of pieces, because I still have hundreds of them. But I didn't want it to be huge. A candy shop must be small and sweet :wub:

another thing I wanted to keep, is the Light Up Brick Function, that has been in the sets. It's on the roof, unfortunatly it's hidden by the lamp. You can see that the roof is attached to these little pieces that can switch around. If you can push the top of the roof you can make it swing back and the Light-Up brick will touch the wall, and the light will go on. Ingenious Indeed ! :wink: A lovely Play Feature for kids :wub:

5192319472_0e54b4f903_z.jpg

Here we have a closer shot. The Food Glorious Food ! :cry_happy:

And a little VIgnnette in the Top Right Hand Corner, which gives a better look at the Light-Up Brick Function.

I added Green and Red round plates to both sides of the door, I think they look and they could look like candy too. In the left hand Corner, we can see some Ice Scream, a lollypop and a chocolate bar. Yummy :tongue:

Now, a Cool little shot of the Second Part of the MOC, The little Snow Yard

5192319474_70a5823282_z.jpg

So, here we can find most of the minifigures. A little family, shopping in the Winter Village and buying Sweet for that angry kid of them. An Old GrandPa, and a random guy with a Horse. Nothing much to say here. The fence in the background is made with simpel brown tiles on these one by one bricks with an extra bump on the the front.

5192319478_ba64582588_z.jpg

Here we have a closer look of the front of the shop with the nice looking Shop Sign.

So that's it for my MOC, I've reached my five-pictures-limit

I hope you enjoyed it, and Keep Bricking :laugh:

Edited by Geertos13

Excellent MOC, Geertos13! :classic:

It looks like it would fit in perfectly with 10199 and 10216. I also notice the use of HP minifig parts, they compliment the look of this building. :thumbup:

Very well done. :sweet:

~buddy~

The Moc is amazing,but i find only one thing you can fix,there is snow inside of the shop?default_laugh_new.gif made a good floor and evrything is perfect!

This is excellent! Although the dark purple doesn't really fit in with the Winter Village theme; however, everything from the design to the style is awesome!

Very nice entry Geertos! The colorful exterior is perfect for a candy shop and fits rather well amidst the white snow setting. Good job and good luck in the contest! :thumbup:

The Moc is amazing,but i find only one thing you can fix,there is snow inside of the shop?default_laugh_new.gif made a good floor and evrything is perfect!

Haha, yes, there is some Snow in the Shop Indeed. I didn't really though of it before. I'll probably fix that soon.

This is excellent! Although the dark purple doesn't really fit in with the Winter Village theme; however, everything from the design to the style is awesome!

Thanks,I though the purple looked actually good. But everybody has his own opinion and that's why I posted here : To get Feedback :classic:

Anyways thanks alot for speaking your mind , I'm a great fan of yours, especially the HP minifigures :tongue:

Edited by Geertos13

Sweet......very sweet looking creation 'Geertos13' :sweet: - nicely detailed and good luck in the contest.

Keep on MOCing ! :sweet:

Very cool! I like the roof and the door trimmings, both outside and inside :thumbup:

LOVE it! Great work!

Thankls guys :classic:

Looks like it belongs in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - some lovely details inside it - looks like it's made with gingerbread and hard coloured candy!