How do you rate this set?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding!

The car must be right side steering because, like the Johnny Thunder before him, the new hero must be Australian!

Drat just realised he is American, maybe the mechanic is an Aussie, or New Zealand?

Edited by MattTheLegoman

This review definitely boosted my view of this set. The minifigs (particularly the mummies) are great, and the pyramid itself looks pretty good. Still, it's quite expensive, and I'll probably skip it. Hopefully we'll see the minifigures elsewhere.

Thanks for the detailed review Hinckley. They really balanced looks and playability nicely. I really like the color scheme of these sets, the tan/dark-tan combination for the structures, with dark-blue accents, the dark-red for the vehicles, ... :sweet: It's nice to see the scorpion has printed pieces, but I'm surprised at how well the pyramid looks without stickers even (good choice on using them on the main entrance though).

The figures are absolutely fantastic, especially the Anubis' head. Of the adventurers, the 'mechanic' is absolutely my favorite character of the line: the torso is great.

029.jpg

Professor Archibald Hale carries a purse. I love that he has a degree from Cambrick University. :laugh: He's younger and less goofy the his counterpart Dr. Charles Lightning. However, I miss the goofy eyes and Santa Beard.

Oh, I miss old dr Kilroy - he at least had a bow tie. :(

By the way - nice set, it reminds me somehow these old Adventurers sets. :cry_happy:

Best regards, Dr Kilroy

Dark Tan pith helmet + dark tan turban = Jungle Patrol :wub:

Aye, I need this set, hopefully the UK price won't be too insane, I guess I'll buy it from the Lego Store, get the VIP points on top.

Does anyone have a good closeup picture of the new weapons in this line?

Sorry, what weapons are new? I thought we had seen all those before. Working for the park skews my knowledge of what molds are new... :blush:

Looks like some amazing parts and figures in this set :thumbup: Thanks so much "mini me" for reviewing this set. I can't wait to get saome Anubis and mechanic figures, and I actually quite like the lead character Jack Raines.

Thanks for an awesome review Hinckley!

Great to see close-ups of all this. First when I saw the pictures I didn´t like it one bit.

Still not a favorite theme for me. But it looks like a great deal og good parts, and good play-feature for the kids.

Awesome photo as always, and some funny once too. Like where the dude runs and hide waiting for the dynamite to blow :laugh:

Thanks for the perfect review!

I think this set has both excellent design, playability, parts selection, and minifigs as well. Price discussions aside, it's hard to argue about the quality of this set!

Usually I don't like raised baseplates, but this time I have to say that they have used this one in a very clever way.

Great review, love all the pics, very informative. I particularly like teh scorpion, I think it looks better than the Deep Sea Striker from Atlantis. Might be the colours and the lovely heirogliphics on the claws.

First time I've been here when a big review like this is done woohoo :classic:

Sorry, what weapons are new? I thought we had seen all those before. Working for the park skews my knowledge of what molds are new... :blush:

I think there is a new sword thing, not sure though.

Nice review. :grin:

Do you think there will be a queen or princess in this theme? :blush:

Great to see some nice pictures and read your thought about this set, Hinckley! Thanks a lot!

The Anubis minifig is really nice and I really hope that we sometime in the future get a black minifig head that would fit with the torso. Then we could make some great Nubian guards! :wub:

I like the new sword, the khopesh, but I'm not so excited about the scarab shield, at least not as a shield. But it might be useful for other stuff of course. :classic:

There are really a great number of useful parts in this set, and the colours are great. I'm not a fan of the scorpion monster and the adventurers' vehicle doesn't interest me much either. Sure it's nice with dark red but it's not very useful parts for me. I like the adventurers though, very nice minifigs :thumbup:

075.jpg

Add a (supposed to be sticker-covered) minaret and the whole pyramid is complete!

Obelisk. Minarets are found next to Mosques. :wink:

I love this review Hinckley! I really enjoyed reading it and you convince me to buy a copy of this fantastic set.

Now wouldn't these nice figs (anubis, the flying mummy, etc.) be great material for an Action theme banner and skin? :wink:

Wow I was having my doubts about this set but it turns out the pics I was looking at just didn't flatter the model. This reviw really persuaded me, Thanks! :cry_happy:

Excellent review..... Now I'm going to have to get 2 of this set and a whole bunch of extra Anubites and the Pharaohs heads.

[btw. Jake Raines and Professor Archibald Hale. ... just wondering if the woman in the cobra set is named Shine?

Raines, Hale and Shine... sounds like a postal service sponsorship deal :laugh: ]

Wow I was having my doubts about this set but it turns out the pics I was looking at just didn't flatter the model. This reviw really persuaded me, Thanks! :cry_happy:

I know what you mean. The brickshelf pics were done with flash which resulted in really blown out, bluish colors. I almost decided not to buy this set too because of those pics. They didn't do this set justice.

Thanks again Hinckley for the great photos.

Good to see you back with awsome reviews, Hinckley :thumbup: I just miss the comic-styled part a bit :wink:

This is a splendid set, full of great parts and some of my most longed ones: wings for minifigs, anciend idols heads and good old Adventurers' styled vehicles (I missed most of the old line, so it's good to see this theme come back to life)!

This set is great. I can foresee kids that get it falling in love with LEGO and getting hooked for life. Their souls will be doomed for an ethernity. As for AFOLs, it has stuff that would appeal to basically anyone. The sci-fi in me could use it as a base for a Protoss captain ersatz. Town guys could use it for a museum or a strip club and the car... It is easily adaptable for historical egypt and of course action theme people would just be happy. Heh, even the bionicle freak in me is loving the scorpion.

But the price... the price is awful. Why TLG, why?

Ah, on first glance I thought that scorpion build was very similiar to the Atlantis scorpion set (Deep Sea Striker 8076), though seeing your pictures this one uses more bricks than large parts, and more hinges rather than technic pieces for legs it appears. I like the color scheme for this new set's scorpion better too, so I'd say it's slightly better than the Atlantis scorpion.

Basically all of the non-adventure minifigs in this set are fantastic looking (I'd use them along with my castle/fantasy sets), though personally I have no interest in any of the modern elements from this theme. I'm excited by what I've seen for 2011 Lego sets so far, very nice review Hinckley.

I think there is a new sword thing, not sure though.

Is it? I'll take pics of it then. Sorry. I thought we had seen it somewhere before... :blush:

Nice review. :grin:

Do you think there will be a queen or princess in this theme? :blush:

Well, there's Professor Hale...

Obelisk. Minarets are found next to Mosques. :wink:

Bah! That's what four months in Malaysia will do for you. :blush:

[btw. Jake Raines and Professor Archibald Hale. ... just wondering if the woman in the cobra set is named Shine?

Raines, Hale and Shine... sounds like a postal service sponsorship deal :laugh: ]

:laugh:

Good to see you back with awsome reviews, Hinckley :thumbup: I just miss the comic-styled part a bit :wink:

I do too! I didn't even think of promising one though. I've just returned from four months in Malaysia to a new condo, so I'm recuperating and unpacking... Maybe comics will feature in future reviews, we'll see... :wink:

I came to Eurobricks today with a feeling I'd see a Pharohs Quest review. And what do you know its the flagship set of the series! :tongue:

Awesome set!!!