Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Red Scare Mystery -Confirmation and Discussion

Are we allowed to read both threads or only our own? I get that we only post on our own. But should we wait until the end of the chapter to read the other one?

Are we allowed to read both threads or only our own? I get that we only post on our own. But should we wait until the end of the chapter to read the other one?

Of course you can read both threads. You just can't use any thing found in the other thread in yours.

You'll have to excuse my incessant insistence and constant contriving. :tongue: I have a lot of time on my hands at the moment and want to make up for my lack of participation over the past few days. :grin:

~Peace

Comments or Questions on the game thus far?

I'd like to know how my hosting is, too.

Comments or Questions on the game thus far?

I'd like to know how my hosting is, too.

You've been doing a great job so far, Bob. I've had no complaints. Yet. :devil:

I hope you didn't mind my tirade against Congressman Bob. I thought it was in character. I actually toned it down quite a bit from my first draft.

One series of questions, though. I didn't see any win condition for the players in the rules. I assume the game is over when all the commies are found, all the loyal townfolk are dead, or X-K2P goes off, whichever comes first. But how do we catch the commies? Do we PM a name we suspect to you? Is there a penalty for a wrong guess? Or is this a detail we will learn later in the game? Not that I can accuse anyone yet.

Hopefully you can answer this: are the commies we are looking for player characters, or should we be suspecting NPCs as well? Because that Coast Guard Beauty was showing WAY too much flesh for the early '50s. :laugh:

Edit: One last question. We found a map near the lighthouse. Any possibility of generating a quick sketch, just so we I can orient myself. I find it easier to picture things like maps when I can see them. It would be nice if all the possible places for investigation that were mentioned in Chapter 1 were on the map.

Edited by Walter Kovacs

You've been doing a great job so far, Bob. I've had no complaints. Yet. :devil:

I hope you didn't mind my tirade against Congressman Bob. I thought it was in character. I actually toned it down quite a bit from my first draft.

Hopefully you can answer this: are the commies we are looking for player characters, or should we be suspecting NPCs as well? Because that Coast Guard Beauty was showing WAY too much flesh for the early '50s. :laugh:

Edit: One last question. We found a map near the lighthouse. Any possibility of generating a quick sketch, just so we I can orient myself. I find it easier to picture things like maps when I can see them. It would be nice if all the possible places for investigation that were mentioned in Chapter 1 were on the map.

I didn't mind the whole argument against the Congressman, it was understandable and welcome.

One series of questions, though. I didn't see any win condition for the players in the rules. I assume the game is over when all the commies are found, all the loyal townfolk are dead, or X-K2P goes off, whichever comes first. But how do we catch the commies? Do we PM a name we suspect to you? Is there a penalty for a wrong guess? Or is this a detail we will learn later in the game? Not that I can accuse anyone yet.

You'll learn about this later in the game.

Also none of the NPC's are communists. I'll also get a rough map together by Chapter Four.

I didn't mind the whole argument against the Congressman, it was understandable and welcome.

Thank you. I'm trying my best to stay in character. If and when Eurodina ever finishes, I'll be able to devote myself more fully to this game.

Also none of the NPC's are communists. I'll also get a rough map together by Chapter Four.

Well, there goes my theory that Jack and Bob are communist spies. :laugh:

I'm looking forward to chapter four.

I think you've been doing a great job. It reminds me of a few of the old Cold War books with all the spies and for the greater good and such. It's been very fun, searching around, finding and poking at the Congressmen and walls default_laugh_new.gif

Do you mean the NPC's we've met or is that a blanket statement for all of them in the future? Can't wait for the map! :thumbup:

Great job on hosting so far. You've only had to get us moving a couple of times before certain people try to pull up floor tiles. :laugh:

Any comments on how we as players are doing?

Do you mean the NPC's we've met or is that a blanket statement for all of them in the future? Can't wait for the map! :thumbup:

Great job on hosting so far. You've only had to get us moving a couple of times before certain people try to pull up floor tiles. :laugh:

Any comments on how we as players are doing?

No NPC is a spy unless stated.

I also can't comment on how you guys are doing, sorry.

Well, I love mystery games, so I'm having a blast. Let me know if I'm doing too much, I don't want to search everything and have everyone annoyed that they didn't get the chance. :wink:

~Peace

You're doing an excellent job so far, Bob. The game is running very smoothly, and I'm glad you've set aside time to run this. No delays. default_thumbup.gif

So, this being my first mystery game, I'm a little confused with the layout. (Chapters, days, etc.)

Are there always three chapters in a day? Or is it just however many we can fit in until realistically it would be nightfall?

This doesn't really matter, but I'm just trying to get a feel for the new experience!

Just a guess, but it looks like whenever there is a natural break, a new chapter starts. For now it looks like a change in venues is the break, but that could change as the game moves on.

I keep coming up with questions as I re-read the chapters.

Are PMs allowed in this game between players, if we need to have side conversations away from prying ears? There isn't anything in the rules against them, but they aren't encouraged, either.

Shadows posted some things in Chapter 3A that definitely didn't belong in that chapter, but also don't look like they belong in Chaptr 3B either. Are we allowed to use that information, or does Shadows need to paraphrase what happened before it's a matter of public record?

All of my other questions belong in one of the chapter threads, as they deal dirctly with the investigations.

Shadows posted some things in Chapter 3A that definitely didn't belong in that chapter, but also don't look like they belong in Chaptr 3B either. Are we allowed to use that information, or does Shadows need to paraphrase what happened before it's a matter of public record?

If it's posted in either topic, it's clearly public record. :hmpf:

Are PMs allowed in this game between players, if we need to have side conversations away from prying ears? There isn't anything in the rules against them, but they aren't encouraged, either.

As long as you say:

I'd like to go talk to whoever privately.

Then you may have side PM conversations with others.

Sorry I haven't been playing, but I've been exceedingly busy and once you fall behind, it's nearly impossible to catch up. I'll try, but no promises... :cry_sad:

Sorry I haven't been playing, but I've been exceedingly busy and once you fall behind, it's nearly impossible to catch up. I'll try, but no promises... :cry_sad:

Indeed, I must add my apologies as well. What a terrible example we are setting! :blush: You lot are all moving so fast it is hard to catch up!

Indeed, I must add my apologies as well. What a terrible example we are setting! :blush: You lot are all moving so fast it is hard to catch up!

You both will have some extra time to do so, as Chapter Four is going to end soon.

Are we breaking for the holidays, then?

If not I'll be away from my computer again from the 23rd to the 27th. Hopefully I'll return with more Lego and not sweaters or something.

I'm really enjoying this so far.

Are we breaking for the holidays, then?

If not I'll be away from my computer again from the 23rd to the 27th. Hopefully I'll return with more Lego and not sweaters or something.

I'm really enjoying this so far.

No, we're not breaking for the holidays.

The next chapter should be up either later today or early tomorrow.

Sorry for not doing much in Chapter 4, I've been at my Grandmother's, who has very slow internet.

Sign in to follow this