Scorpio

MOC: Factory

I have spent the last two weeks sorting and organizing my Lego room so I treated myself to a build this weekend. Without further ado I present my renovated downtown factory. As always comments, questions and criticism are welcome. I can already tell you off the bat that I personally do not like the gray arches and I am going to change them but I didn't feel like taking the whole thing apart so soon. Thanks for looking.

dscn1883.jpg

dscn1888.jpg

dscn1889.jpg

dscn1894.jpg

dscn1892.jpg

dscn1898.jpg

Photo Gallery when public:

Brickshelf

Wow! Very realistic! It looks like an old factory. I love all the small details. One thing I'd change is that awkward grey portion in front of the garage. :classic::thumbup:

Excellent old school factory complete with water tower and modern air extraction system :thumbup: ....though it might need a little adjustment by the looks of it. :wink:

Great piece of Lego building 'DHCP1121' and keep on MOCing ! :sweet:

One thing I'd change is that awkward grey portion in front of the garage.

I probably should have taken a better pic of that. The gray thing is a loading dock. But I agree, I could work on making that look better. I couldn't find my Lego truck to back up into it.

Okay, now I understand. I was thinking of a ramp, but now that you reminded me of a loading dock, it looks fine to me :thumbup:

Edited by prateek

Very nicely done DHCP1121! I agree the design is very realistic to real factories. The various elements - smoke chimneys, water tank, exhaust vent - are all very well done. Great job overall! :thumbup: Any plans of putting workers, a forklift, and box/cargo/stuff in there? :classic:

I probably should have taken a better pic of that. The gray thing is a loading dock. But I agree, I could work on making that look better. I couldn't find my Lego truck to back up into it.

No need, IMO - real loading docks on factories like this are just blocks of unfinished concrete anyway! I suppose you could add yellow safety rails if you really want to tweak it a bit.