legokuate

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 4 discussion

There's even some s1 left over here ! :)

Same for me. But (mostly) at the same shops they don't have S3 (anymore?) while I was wondering if they would have S4 already.

Does anywhere have series 4 figures yet? Or does anyone know when they'll be available in the UK? I really can't wait to get some!

There are S1 and S2 boxes in Hungarian toy shops and S3 in supermarkets as well. The dots method is not 100% (there are differences between the cheat-sheet and reality) and feeling the inside is a little bit slow and needs practicing. I preferred the barcode, but I guess TLG won't bring that back. :(

I hope I will manage to find the scientist, the hazmat guy, the musketeer and the viking. And 4-5 more, doesn't matter what, just be different, there are no "fillers" in this series for me!

I can confirm my own Borders still had at least two nearly-full boxes of Series 2 as recently as the last time I was there, perhaps a week or two ago. They were still priced at $3.99, though (which may help explain their continued abundance there). I didn't want to get many at that price (I probably have more than enough S2 already), but I did allow myself to get one more Spartan and a couple more traffic cops (yeah, really - they're different enough from the regular City police that I can foresee using them in places I don't necessarily want the regular cops). I may go back and get one more additional figures, depending upon things like how much I have to pay for them (they do often have email coupons for 40% off something or other, but I have a hard time using them since I don't have a printer). And yes, lots of Borders stores are indeed closing, though mine isn't; it may well indeed be that the minifigures can be had more cheaply at the stores that are going away. If you're curious about your store, here's a map that should let you know whether yours is getting (or has gotten) the axe... though at this point, you probably know that already if you go there often.

Anyway, yes, here in the US there are still brand-new Series 2 minifigures in some stores out there, though they're getting harder to find, of course. Series 3 appears to still be plentiful in most stores that have had them, though they seem to have disappeared from Target (where both Series 2 and 3 have been treated as seasonal items). I do still see them in TRU, though, as well as a couple of smaller independent stores, and I believe LEGO Stores still have them (LEGO's Shop at Home does, at least, though of course there's zero ability to cherry-pick specific figures). With Series 4 just around the corner, I think it will be soon be possible to purchase new figures from three different series simultaneously, but not necessarily at the same store. Series 1, though, is pretty much gone everywhere (and has been for most of the time since it was released).

Really? I didn't think Series 2 was still sold in stores... :look:

I did however, happen to see two boxes of Series 3 at my local TRU.

I don't know, are Series 4 going to be leaked early like Series 3 was?

yeah, several Borders In Tucson, Arizona had S2. That's how I got all the ones i have now!!!! ;)

which ones??

The one I went to had S3- which is cool because I managed to get an elf, a fisherman, the space villain and the Native American chief.

sadly, there weren't any aliens left.

Also, nice to know there's someone else in Tucson with a Eurobricks account!

Anyone that lives in NL (the Netherlands) because next week I'm going to be there and I was wondering what shop (besides any S@H) are selling them? Like if they sold S1, 2 and 3 already, could you please tell me where to go? The anoying part of those boxes is when they sell them, but place them at the cash register/counter. So if you just need a handfull of them you can't stand there for like half an hour... But for series 4 I would love to buy a full box, so this wont be an issue.

So just checked this morning, and series 4 has shown up on bricklink.com, but I am very wary on the seller. It's a seller from China, and I'm wondering if it's the same one who's selling them on ebay.

If I'm not mistaken I think those have been available for a while, except they could only be accessed by going through the "buy set" tab. Apparently now there is a tab for CMF Series 4 in the "buy minifig" section. Still I'm not interested in paying 11 per figure and then paying hong kong shipping here to the states, which will probably take at least a week, by then maybe the figures will be out somewhere and I'll be able to get them at 3 bucks. So I'm passing.

Anyone that lives in NL (the Netherlands) because next week I'm going to be there and I was wondering what shop (besides any S@H) are selling them? Like if they sold S1, 2 and 3 already, could you please tell me where to go?.

Anyone?!

Perhaps I'm a bit out of my mind, but I just bought a "full set of 16" from the Hong Kong seller on BL for $80 US. We'll see what shows up at my doorstep a week from now...

Hm. Toys R Us in Reading has stocked up four boxes of series 3 at the till - there has never been more than one before. Very, very suspicious... do I sense a clear-out?

Hm. Toys R Us in Reading has stocked up four boxes of series 3 at the till - there has never been more than one before. Very, very suspicious... do I sense a clear-out?

I don't know, but I do see TRU is offering a number of LEGO sales / promos this week (at least in the US), and one of them is *specifically* for the S3 minifigures - a buy one, get one 50% off deal. That's the first time I can remember seeing a TRU promotion specifically focused on the minifigures (though as noted, they're also running several other LEGO deals right now, enough to make it all seem part of one big general deal, but the details are different from theme to theme and so on). I have seen the minifigures included in TRU BOGOs as part of larger BOGOs for LEGO stuff in general, but never as the single focus of one, the way I have certain themes such as City or whatever.

I don't know, but I do see TRU is offering a number of LEGO sales / promos this week (at least in the US), and one of them is *specifically* for the S3 minifigures - a buy one, get one 50% off deal. That's the first time I can remember seeing a TRU promotion specifically focused on the minifigures (though as noted, they're also running several other LEGO deals right now, enough to make it all seem part of one big general deal, but the details are different from theme to theme and so on). I have seen the minifigures included in TRU BOGOs as part of larger BOGOs for LEGO stuff in general, but never as the single focus of one, the way I have certain themes such as City or whatever.

Hm, there was no special deal on Lego going on there, just the huge pile of S3 boxes... I'll keep an eye on it in my remaining week here.

Wow, kinda strange to think that we went from Series 1 (nearly impossible to find at retail in the U.S.) to Series 3 possibly having to be sold off at clearance prices.

Does that mean that TLC over-produced for Series 3? Or is interest waning on the collectible mini-figs, now that their novelty has worn off a bit?

Yeah I saw them in there too, also being in Reading. They really didn't mind me checking the bumpcodes to complete my collection :)

A few other stores have S3 too.

Really? I didn't think Series 2 was still sold in stores... :look:

It's not, for the most part; it's almost completely gone everywhere, but my local Borders does still have some - I just confirmed it with another visit barely half an hour before posting this, and they have two partial boxes apiece of both Series 2 and Series 3, side by side - one box of each near the registers at the front of the store, and another partial box of each in the small LEGO area in the children's section near the back of the store. There are still quite a few S2 figures left there, even a Spartan that no one has claimed yet. As I mentioned earlier, I think the high price combined with the fact most people don't necessarily think of Borders when thinking about places to buy LEGO is what's kept them there so long.

This was the first time I've actually seen Series 3 at Borders, incidentally; they might have had them on my previous visit, but I didn't notice them at the time if they did. I've also never seen Series 1 there, though it was reported Borders was among the few places one could get Series 1 in the US back when it came out.

Wow, kinda strange to think that we went from Series 1 (nearly impossible to find at retail in the U.S.) to Series 3 possibly having to be sold off at clearance prices.

Does that mean that TLC over-produced for Series 3? Or is interest waning on the collectible mini-figs, now that their novelty has worn off a bit?

They certainly increased production & availability for series 3 which will have something to do with it.

They were available in more places than previous series

They did away with the barcodes which annoyed a lot of people

This series is by far the weakest of the series released or to be released, less popular figs means less demand for them.

Eh, I wouldn't say it's the weakest (though of course that's all subjective). I don't think these are being clearanced, exactly - they've still been out just a few months, after all, and other sets aren't normally clearanced after two or three or four months (my odd experience with the NinjaGo Turbo Shredder notwithstanding). I think it's just that this is the first time the figures are plentiful enough that they're able to do special promotions around them (and of course they've been included in general LEGO promotions before).

I know my own TRU has sold out several boxes of Series 3. Perhaps they'll get more in, and the figures will still be plentiful there, but it's not because no one is buying them; I think it's just that the supply is much, much better than before.