legokuate

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 4 discussion

How do you guys display them ? This is what I got... Would you like to buy some display cased from me ?

I love those cases... more info please?

I dont buy the full box since I only try to get the minifigs that I'm interested on... I went to 5 toy stores in last 2 days and based on my experience (using feel technique), the most common minifigs are ice skaters, kimono's girl, hockey player, hazmat guys, sailor, lawn gnomes and werewolves. I found 1 viking, 2 Musketeers , 3 soccer players , 4 frankenstein and 1 mad scientist. Other than those 5, I could find over 10 of each minifigs... off course 20%-30% of the minifigs has been sold from each box since it's on the mall. I guess it also shows which minifigs that people around here really after.

But I'm happy I've gotten all that I wanted :) , I still have a sore thumb however :\

I change my punk rocker to metalhead :)

post-13702-130235704551.jpg

Nice look on the rock star there.

I added the rock star guitar to my music shop MOC alongside the BrickForge instruments and other stuff :)

I am not getting lucky with series four. All I want are the Viking and Gnome. Sadly, I've only gotten one viking. The dots are harder to see in this series. On another note, ToysRus (MI) is now selling Series 3 for half off.

I find feeling the bags is the most efficient way to get what you're looking for. For the gnome, try to feel for the pole and for the viking, feel for the shield.

Bought 10 packs yesterday.

One fig seemed to have suffered some kind of "in-bag-accident". The right hand is a bit damaged.

5605464357_92779d0814.jpg

In Bag Accident by plisskeneb, on Flickr

The first problem I have with the collectable Minifigs.

Woah, that seems to fit his face expression and the fact he probably affected by nuclear radiation :P

on serious note.... I never have that problem so far, hopefully never... but I often get an extra part... I got a piece of weight lifter's hair inside my mime packege and 2 thropies on my karate guys.

I got a piece of weight lifter's hair inside my mime packege and 2 thropies on my karate guys.

The 2 trophies are a feature, not an error :)

My brother and I got our first Series 4 minifigures yesterday: the Hazard Suit Guy, the Crazy Scientist, the Artist, and the Kimono Girl. Some observations:

The Kimono Girl's printing is all phenomenal (love the unique face print, the bow in the back of her sash, as well as the patterns all across the kimono), and the quality of most of her pieces is also good (the dark red fan in mine seems a bit discolored, although that could be the texture playing tricks on me).

However, my brother noticed what might be the source of the complaints with the skirt and outfit not connecting well. If you look at the prints on both, the side of the kimono that overlaps the other on the skirt piece extends just a little bit further than halfway on the body. However, on the torso piece it extends nearly to the side of the torso print. Perhaps the original complaints were not about the physical connection between the pieces being poor, but rather about the visual connection working out poorly. Check the Brickset image to see what I mean... it doesn't bother me personally, but it's easy to see how it might be perceived as a flaw.

The Crazy Scientist is also amazing. His hair piece is great and connects firmly despite being rubber (not sure how much that would apply if he were in a frequently-sifted-through bucket of minifigures, of course). His face is amazing (love the grey eyebrows!) and is visually compatible with Spy Clops from LEGO Agents or with the Space Villain from Minifigures Series 3. It'd be a great scientist face for a Blacktron vignette! It's also always nice to see more variety in grey hair... now if only there were hair in Dark Stone Grey, we'd be smooth sailing!

His Erlenmeyer flask is great, and the green liquid inside looks really ominous. I kind of wish the stains on his lab coat were Bright Green instead of Bright Yellowish Green (Lime), though, so they'd show up better and match the contents of his flask. My brother disagrees, pointing out that a transparent liquid on a white lab coat would probably show up lighter than it appeared in the actual flask, but I still feel more visible stains would be an improvement.

The Hazard Suit Guy is cool. I was really impressed with the color quality of all his Flame Yellowish Orange (Bright Light Orange), since that's a color used so rarely in System and had been a bit uncertain with my Fisherman. His headgear is amazing, although I kind of wish the sides dropped down over the arms a bit closer-- as it is, you can easily see the gap above his shoulders from side view. His visor's shape also makes it hard to see his eyes from side view. His spray-gun (?) is the same sort of material as the classic whip piece that appears in the Portal of Atlantis and Angler Attack sets.

His face is amazing with its appalled expression and facial wrinkles. As with all Series 3 and Series 4 minifigures, the facial wrinkles are printed in Medium Nougat (Medium Dark Flesh). It works perfectly-- a lot better than the Bright Orange (Orange) printing of the Series 2 Surfer's torso, the Bright Yellowish Orange (Medium Orange) printing of the original Slave Leia, or the black facial details of the Series 2 Surfer and Pharaoh (among others). Interestingly, as far as printing is concerned, the Hazard Suit Guy has some of the simplest out there. Besides his face, all of his prints are one-color prints in Black. It works well for him, though.

Lastly, the Artist is beautiful. Like the Hazard Suit Guy, his face print uses Medium Nougat for wrinkles, but it's a lot subtler for him. Still, along with his little goatee and Fascinating Eyebrow, the tiny eye-wrinkles help complete his analytical stare.

The paint spatter on his clothes is amazing. His brush and palette, too, are incredible. Overall he'd be a great addition to a LEGO City.

I'm very impressed with this series of minifigures, and hope to get more in the future. Just have to make sure not to break the bank on any one trip!

The Artist is still my favourite of the collectibles thus far... but I've develope a slight craving for the Hazmat guys. With the exception of the head they've been very well executed, and they look good just about anywhere.

The Artist is still my favourite of the collectibles thus far... but I've develope a slight craving for the Hazmat guys. With the exception of the head they've been very well executed, and they look good just about anywhere.

I myself think the head's the best part. If you want a more stoic face you can always switch it out, but the head he has in the set is entirely unlike any other minifigure expression we've had in any theme, and thus is extremely versatile. Now if you need a face that screams "My god, what is that stench?" or "What did I just step in?", his is the best face for the job.

The 2 trophies are a feature, not an error :)

ah my bad, but I got 4 feathers from the indian minifigs, I'm quite sure it suppose to have 2

however, on minifigs 3 & 4, I never get an extra ...

ah my bad, but I got 4 feathers from the indian minifigs, I'm quite sure it suppose to have 2

however, on minifigs 3 & 4, I never get an extra ...

Unfortunately there are no extra parts since the 3rd series..

My sealed Series 4 box came in the mail on Friday, the company I odered it from didn't even take it out of rht Brown packing box that they got it in from LEGO. I feel like I have such an untocuhed un-contaminated box to go through. :grin:

For some reason, my Argos didn't have any Minifigures, so I had to use he feel method at WHSmith. I was looking for the Figure Skater, but I couldn't seem to find her. I just took a random bag from the back. It turned out to be the Rock Star, who's a pretty good figure. I like his guitar and his hairpiece. I didn't have any quality problems with this figure, but I've noticed that all the series 4 figures' hands are difficult to rotate.

Could someone please post the ordering of minifigures in the UK boxes? I mean like which fig is placed where in the sealed boxes (e.g. the Giesha is second to the back in the left row (made up))?

Could someone please post the ordering of minifigures in the UK boxes? I mean like which fig is placed where in the sealed boxes (e.g. the Giesha is second to the back in the left row (made up))?

Going by mine and Amperzand's analyses, it seems that the orders of minifigures are random.

called my target today and they didn't have them, but another target(about 45 minutes away) did, so mine hsould have them in the next few days. Target has them now!

I got my first figs from this Series. I got the punk rocker and hazmat guy by feeling and the werewolf as random package. I felt a bit ashamed feeling all the bags in the shop, so I left it with these 3. Will come back for more..

I still think the best reference was the reference to the Fantasy-Era Castle map from the LEGO magazine on the Elf's bio page. Series 4's bios don't have quite as many LEGO-related in-jokes, but they're still pretty amusing.

Read the Space Villain- his bios is full of good known names ;]

Ahh I have to wait 3 more days to get some more minifigs! I hope I will find Artist, Sientist and Viking!

Edited by Lordofdragonss

For some reason, my Argos didn't have any Minifigures, so I had to use he feel method at WHSmith. I was looking for the Figure Skater, but I couldn't seem to find her. I just took a random bag from the back. It turned out to be the Rock Star, who's a pretty good figure. I like his guitar and his hairpiece. I didn't have any quality problems with this figure, but I've noticed that all the series 4 figures' hands are difficult to rotate.

Which Argos did you try? Glasgow Fort have theirs in one of the metal baskets where the clearance items are usually set out by the till line when I went in yesterday.

Still haven't found S4 in Tesco Bellshill yet, they certainly had the previous 2 series but so far for S4... nada!

Read the Space Villain- his bios is full of good known names ;]

Ahh I have to wait 3 more days to get some more minifigs! I hope I will find Artist, Sientist and Viking!

Yeah, but his aren't as subtle as the Elf's, and they're mostly casual name-dropping without the same level of detail as the intro to the Elf's. The fact that the bio alluded not just to the Elflands but also to its location on a somewhat obscure LEGO Club Magazine map really strikes me as "going the distance".

And in any event, the result's the same: the series 4 bios just don't have as many great easter eggs as the Series 3 ones did.

Which Argos did you try? Glasgow Fort have theirs in one of the metal baskets where the clearance items are usually set out by the till line when I went in yesterday.

Still haven't found S4 in Tesco Bellshill yet, they certainly had the previous 2 series but so far for S4... nada!

The one in the New Cross Shopping Centre and the one next to Homebase in Hamilton. I would go to other shops, but I don't have my own car yet, so I either need to get a lift or walk to places.

called my target today and they didn't have them, but another target(about 45 minutes away) did, so mine hsould have them in the next few days. Target has them now!

Psshh, about damn time. I've gone to mine about 10 times in the last few weeks, I finally got fed up and ordered a box online, I'm so happy I did.

My sealed Series 4 box came in the mail on Friday, the company I odered it from didn't even take it out of rht Brown packing box that they got it in from LEGO. I feel like I have such an untocuhed un-contaminated box to go through. :grin:

You should probably order another case and leave this one in storage. :laugh:

I've been lucky to have access to these minifigs in my area.

I got my first figs from this Series. I got the punk rocker and hazmat guy by feeling and the werewolf as random package. I felt a bit ashamed feeling all the bags in the shop, so I left it with these 3. Will come back for more..

The store staff I've gone to have known me and don't mind me going through the bags as I've always kept them in order after I was done. On another note, there have been numerous times that kids were also looking at what I was doing. So I've tried to help them out find the minifigs that they wanted. Fortunately they didn't care about the spartans, elves, samurais and musketeers but wanted the punk rocker, surfers, hockey player. The expression on their faces was priceless as I've given them the minifigs they wanted and let them feel the accessory that was a sure bet that I was right.

Psshh, about damn time. I've gone to mine about 10 times in the last few weeks, I finally got fed up and ordered a box online, I'm so happy I did.

A lot of stores in my area are just getting them in the past week and since I'm only interested in a few minifigs it doesn't make sense to order whole cases.

AC

I just received this series today after ordering it from Bricklink, and I must say that seeing the figs up close and getting my hands on them only strenghtened my opinion that Series 4 of the collectable minifigs is my favorite series so far. There are just so many great minifigs in it, like the geisha, the painter, the musketeer, the figure skater, the mad scientist... :wub:

Aside from the minor quality issues, I am eternally grateful for TLG for giving us these series, and I hope there will be more upcoming for years to come! :grin:

I am having some p[roblems with the dot codes. On Saturday last weekend I bought six different dot codes and got two soccer players, two werewolves. Now I have four of each (With ones I got already.)and they all had different codes. I am told that the sailor and rocker are the most common but try as I may I cannot find them?