legokuate

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 4 discussion

It fit fine. But it kept falling out (and appears to have fallen out one time too many and vanished somewhere :( )

Bought about a $100 dollars worth of figs in the past couple days. The only minifig that I need to complete my set is the werewolf, I have a complete set, a squad of 5 radiation workers, 2 scientists, and a bunch of extra minifigs that my mom wanted (she came to visit). A store employee was nice enough to give me a scientist she took out of the boxes beforehand for herself to me, which is great because I'm planning to amass a veritable army of them.

Bought about a $100 dollars worth of figs in the past couple days. The only minifig that I need to complete my set is the werewolf, I have a complete set, a squad of 5 radiation workers, 2 scientists, and a bunch of extra minifigs that my mom wanted (she came to visit). A store employee was nice enough to give me a scientist she took out of the boxes beforehand for herself to me, which is great because I'm planning to amass a veritable army of them.

Wow... that's a whole lot of test tubes! Personally, it's all about hockey players and vikings once the initial set is completed.

Oddly enough, the werewolf is easily the most common guys I've found. Which is good, because I plan to army him. I think he looks good beside my zombie horde.

I like all of them... Would like 10 of each figures, but it's going to burn a hole in my pocket...

I have already gotten S1 X3 sets , S2 X2, S3 X3, S4 x 5......

Edited by toytoy

Oddly enough, the werewolf is easily the most common guys I've found. Which is good, because I plan to army him. I think he looks good beside my zombie horde.

Really? I haven't been able to find one werewolf yet. :look:Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough...

Most of the boxes I find are full of mainly hockey players, surfers, geishas, and skaters.

I haven't found a Werewolf yet either. The only double I've had so far is the Artist, which having seen it in the flesh (or the yellow?) is one of my favourites. I think that my absolute favourite from this series is the Hazmat Guy though. It's so well realised. I'd like to get a few more of these to make a small crew.

I got a Werewolf, a Frankenstein, an Ice Skater, a Scientist, a geisha, a Viking (which was very hard to find), 2 Gnomes, a Hockey PLayer, an artist, a sailor, a hazmat guy and a punk rocker. For me, the skaterboarder was the easiest to find. AND there was literally a dozen skaterboarders that I found in 5 minutes!! I read that there was a discussion about the dress slopes?? Well, occassionally, my Geisha's dress will fall off. But that happens all the time with my Bellatrix, McGonnagal and Witch from S2, so Idc.

I haven't found a Werewolf yet either. The only double I've had so far is the Artist, which having seen it in the flesh (or the yellow?) is one of my favourites. I think that my absolute favourite from this series is the Hazmat Guy though. It's so well realised. I'd like to get a few more of these to make a small crew.

I agree. The Hazmat Guy is really the star of Series 4. :wub:

Really? I haven't been able to find one werewolf yet.

How are you looking? They're one of the harder ones to feel out, IMO, because while the bone is a dead giveaway, sometimes bits get stuck under the baseplate or in the "instructions," and the easiest way to figure out the figures is by which extra pieces they come with. Werewolves are common, though... I'm sure you can find one on this thread.

The only double I've had so far is the Artist, which having seen it in the flesh (or the yellow?) is one of my favourites.

I agree... I didn't think I'd want more than one for displaying, but I happened on an extra one and while I was about to add it to my trade list, I thought "you know, I really like this guy - the hat, the paintbrush, the palette..." and decided to keep him.

I think that my absolute favourite from this series is the Hazmat Guy though. It's so well realised. I'd like to get a few more of these to make a small crew.

I agree. The Hazmat Guy is really the star of Series 4. :wub:

That's another one... I actually had three I was going to trade... and ended up putting only one on my list to keep the extra two.

I was defending series 3 against all the people complaining it was the worst, but I guess that was just mostly because of the elf (which I still want more than anything so far), but series 4 is really amazing.

My local supermarket had a 30% discount on all toys and games in store today. Dayum. Couldn't resist, had to complete my series 4 (i only 2 so far, which I bought overpriced at the NY Lego Store) - Viking was one of the last I found, most others were easy to feel up, but didn't find a Frankenstein monster. Had to feel up about 80% of the whole box (which seemed mostly complete but I didn't count) until I found the Viking.. felt all the rest, and there was a bunch I couldn't recognize quickly, put them aside... I thought I'd read here the Frankenstein's *head* was bigger than usual, so that's what I was searching for - of course now I see it's a regular head with a "top".

If anyone could post pictures of the monster's headgear alone under a few angle, that'd definitely be a great help to figure out what to look for. I found this - http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=x231px1 - and am pretty sure I felt something like that at some point - but the pictures of this Frankenstein don't seem to show studs on the sides ?

edit: Ha, bricklink has it, of course: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?M=col055 - additional pictures still appreciated, but I'm pretty sure I've felt something like that now that I see it independently, just had no idea what it was.

Edited by greg

Bought six figures today, finally got my sailor. Now I'm only missing the surfer girl. It's surprisingly hard to find.

With my second Werewolf and Hazmat guy an idea came to my mind. It was nearly destroyed by the fact that nothing can be attached to the tip of the "spray-gun". After this little lowdown I modified the Hazard Guy a bit. The following pictures will show. Enjoy.

5598059069_9da648ca1b.jpg

BioHazard 01 by plisskeneb, on Flickr

"The Party is over!"

5598059089_bd0284aa8b.jpg

BioHazard 02 by plisskeneb, on Flickr

First Victim! (Series 1 cameo :laugh: )

5598059099_015a03603a.jpg

BioHazard 03 by plisskeneb, on Flickr

How are you looking? They're one of the harder ones to feel out, IMO, because while the bone is a dead giveaway, sometimes bits get stuck under the baseplate or in the "instructions," and the easiest way to figure out the figures is by which extra pieces they come with. Werewolves are common, though... I'm sure you can find one on this thread.

Yeah, I've been feeling out the figures, and so far I think the easiest ones are the Hazmat Guy, the Surfer Girl, the Artist, the Hockey Player, and the Skater. The Musketeer was pretty easy too, once I found the epee. I'll probably use the dot codes next time.

Bought six figures today, finally got my sailor. Now I'm only missing the surfer girl. It's surprisingly hard to find.

With my second Werewolf and Hazmat guy an idea came to my mind. It was nearly destroyed by the fact that nothing can be attached to the tip of the "spray-gun". After this little lowdown I modified the Hazard Guy a bit. The following pictures will show. Enjoy.

5598059069_9da648ca1b.jpg

BioHazard 01 by plisskeneb, on Flickr

"The Party is over!"

5598059089_bd0284aa8b.jpg

BioHazard 02 by plisskeneb, on Flickr

First Victim! (Series 1 cameo :laugh: )

5598059099_015a03603a.jpg

BioHazard 03 by plisskeneb, on Flickr

nice !

god idea on the "gun" mod!

I've come across two different bump codes for the Hazmat Guy. I'd heard of inconsistencies in Series 3 but never really believed them, but now I'm going to ignore dot codes completely and wave the white flag at TLG.

I've come across two different bump codes for the Hazmat Guy. I'd heard of inconsistencies in Series 3 but never really believed them, but now I'm going to ignore dot codes completely and wave the white flag at TLG.

Really? :look: It was just probably a factory mistake, but nonetheless this proves that dot codes aren't the way to go.

Really? :look: It was just probably a factory mistake, but nonetheless this proves that dot codes aren't the way to go.

I've never used the dot codes, because as soon as S3 were out, there was reports of inconsistency in the patterns. My Argos has the names on the back, but if I encounter a box without names, I just go by feel. Unfortunately I was unaware of barcodes when S1 and S2 were out, but I still managed to get most of he figs I wanted by using the feel method.

Yesterday I've just got all the Minifigure Series 4 only with the feel method. I also think that the bump code at the bottom of the package is different with the cheat sheet that I got in the web.

Now I can identified under 1 minute / Minifigure.

Yesterday I can manage 2 boxes / 120 packages only in 1,5 hour.

No, it was no mistake. There have been many reliable reports that the dot codes vary from batch to batch.

No, it was no mistake. There have been many reliable reports that the dot codes vary from batch to batch.

That's why I never trusted the dots... it just seems like a random sealing machine pattern... consistent for a batch, but that's it.

Just felt through about 60 pack ... got a couple of sets =]

How do you guys display them ? This is what I got... Would you like to buy some display cased from me ?

bcdb423a.jpg

bfce4dc9.jpg

095915ed.jpg

Edited by ebaygeek

Yesterday I've just got all the Minifigure Series 4 only with the feel method. I also think that the bump code at the bottom of the package is different with the cheat sheet that I got in the web.

Now I can identified under 1 minute / Minifigure.

Yesterday I can manage 2 boxes / 120 packages only in 1,5 hour.

Took me half-hour to go through one box yesterday to get the three minifigs that I wanted (2 Musketeer, 4 Geisha, 4 Hazmat guy). :grin:

AC

Took me half-hour to go through one box yesterday to get the three minifigs that I wanted (2 Musketeer, 4 Geisha, 4 Hazmat guy). :grin:

AC

For me, it's easy if I just search which Minifigure I want it. But for identified one by one, need some time. Especially when I feel ice skate. Sometimes it can be Female Ice Skater, Hockey Player, or Soccer Player. I just skip that.

Geisha and The Hazmat Guy is the easiest Minifigure. I can I feel it out about 10 seconds.

I am not getting lucky with series four. All I want are the Viking and Gnome. Sadly, I've only gotten one viking. The dots are harder to see in this series. On another note, ToysRus (MI) is now selling Series 3 for half off.

Yesterday I got my first 4th series minifig- Punk. Guitar is filled with unbelievable number of details. And the great thing is that punk hair (even if made from hard rubber) stay on place!