legokuate

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 4 discussion

Well, I managed to get all the ones I wanted from this series here in New Orleans at the TRU by feeling the packages (I did end up with 2 of the Monsters). I tried looking at the dots but for a few of them they were too faint. Luckily most of the figs in this series have something tell-tale you can easily feel (scientist hair, werewolf bone, hockey stick, guitar, dress slope), my girlfriend was looking at one of the dots cheat-sheet and I was going by touch, and I was going much faster and easier. Happy hunting everyone!

I picked up one apiece of each of the remaining nine figures yesterday to complete my first set of S4 - hooray! Next payday I'll seek out a bunch of duplicates.

thats a good deal is it not?

60 minifigures for £95 when you add in delivery, works out at £1.58 per fig???

may buy a box and stick it away

Do you have to pay import charges on that to the UK or is it exempt because from France?

1 skater, 3 hazmats, 6 sailors, 1 punk and 1 footballer bought. Just the artist, surfer girl, Geisha and scientist to get and I'm done with this series.

only had a chance to get one: figure skater

though its an amazing figure, I would have wanted someone else :sceptic:

thats a good deal is it not?

60 minifigures for £95 when you add in delivery, works out at £1.58 per fig???

may buy a box and stick it away

I got mine for just €99 (£87.25) incl shipping cost :sweet:

Edit: edit by mistake :wacko:

Edited by Ro87n

Some of you are almost done with the series already! Wow!

I'm thinking of Pre-ordering a box of Series 4 minifigures from Toywiz.com. Has anyone here shopped there, and is it reliable?

I think I am the only who is feeling very annoyed with the way how local retailers conduct themselves... :hmpf_bad:

Well, I managed to get all the ones I wanted from this series here in New Orleans at the TRU by feeling the packages (I did end up with 2 of the Monsters). I tried looking at the dots but for a few of them they were too faint. Luckily most of the figs in this series have something tell-tale you can easily feel (scientist hair, werewolf bone, hockey stick, guitar, dress slope), my girlfriend was looking at one of the dots cheat-sheet and I was going by touch, and I was going much faster and easier. Happy hunting everyone!

The Toys R Us on Veterans, right?

You didn't buy a box of series one and pretend it was for your kids, did you? :wink:

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

Do you have to pay import charges on that to the UK or is it exempt because from France?

You don't have to pay import tax within the EU.

No series 4 in Sainsburys today. :sad:

I think I am the only who is feeling very annoyed with the way how local retailers conduct themselves... :hmpf_bad:

Care to elaborate ?

Care to elaborate ?

I'm from Singapore (same as White Fang) and I know that at least one of the Lego specialty shops here take out all the "rarer" figurines when they open new boxes so that they can re-sell them at exhorbitant prices. I was really pissed when the sales assistant let slip on the shop owner's practice.

@Ace-man

That sucks! Cant you find another place to buy your LEGO? or buy a whole box so you are sure to get them all =)

I just opened a box of 60 and this is what i got:

5x Werewolf

5x Punk Rocker

5x Sailor

4x Artist

4x Soccer Player

4x The Monster

4x Kimono Girl

4x Street Skater

4x Surfer Girl

4x Hazmat Guy

3x Lawn Gnome

3x Hockey Player

3x Ice Skater

3x Musketeer

3x Viking

2x Crazy Scientist

I was hoping for more scientist even though i knew they where rare.

After several fruitless trips, I again stopped by the Toys R Us in Schaumburg, IL (Chicago suburb) last night. This time, I saw the tell-tale orange box at the end of the aisle ... my heart raced ... and then sank when I drew closer and saw that the box was empty.

Oh, but wait! There's one orange bag still in the bottom of the box! I grabbed it, thinking, "Okay, I'll buy just one." Then I saw that someone had cut a slit across the front of the bag and stolen the contents. The bag was emtpy.

The lesson as always: People suck.

@Ace-man

That sucks! Cant you find another place to buy your LEGO? or buy a whole box so you are sure to get them all =)

I'd just ordered a couple of complete sets from a BL store from Germany. Even with shipping, it works out to be cheaper than the local RRP and I don't have to spend time running through boxes in stores where the rarer figurines would probably have been ravaged by other collectors, or worse the store owners themselves. As a new AFOL, it's really frustrating.

My 20 random bags from a cheap German webshop just arrived. Not the best choice, but apart from the Scientist (of course... dayum...) my Series 4 is complete now.

I my town they had all series except 3.

Yep Blokker sells them this time. In Nijmegen normally Blokker does not sell them, but this time they were way ahead of the other toy stores (which actually do not have them even now). I bought two figs: the hazmat guy and the musketeer. It was the last musketeer in the box, so I guess they are quite popular as only about 15 bags were bought. I still have a box coming (99 euro), which I'm sharing with a friend, so this was a good opportunity to get an extra musketeer :sweet:

Edited by KristofBD

has anyone seen them at Target yet

I just need 5 more I might wait to the rest at the Legos store on the 15 of April.

has anyone seen them at Target yet

I just need 5 more I might wait to the rest at the Legos store on the 15 of April.

I called mine yesterday and they are in the system, but said they aren't even assigned a aisle yet so probably be another week or 2 before they get them.

what do you think the mad scientist is worth? nobody has any for sale yet...

what do you think the mad scientist is worth? nobody has any for sale yet...

If I had a spare one, I wouldn't be selling it yet either. He's easy to find in a bag, providing you get your hands on a full box, due to his squishy hair. But there are only two per box, it seems. I was lucky when I bought my box that there was one bag hiding under it with the scientist inside. I think someone might have hid it there to buy later. I now have 3 scientists from 61 bags - 1 is opened and the other two are staying sealed for now.

If I had a spare one, I wouldn't be selling it yet either. He's easy to find in a bag, providing you get your hands on a full box, due to his squishy hair. But there are only two per box, it seems. I was lucky when I bought my box that there was one bag hiding under it with the scientist inside. I think someone might have hid it there to buy later. I now have 3 scientists from 61 bags - 1 is opened and the other two are staying sealed for now.

ok, maybe a better question would be what is someone willing to pay for one? I have 3 that I dont really "need"... I'm not trying to sell them here, but I had a guy ask me to sell him one, but I'm not sure what to charge him

ok, maybe a better question would be what is someone willing to pay for one? I have 3 that I dont really "need"... I'm not trying to sell them here, but I had a guy ask me to sell him one, but I'm not sure what to charge him

Is the guy a friend? If not, I think a fair amount to ask is 3x the normal price, but it is up to the guy to decide whether it is worth it.