legokuate

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 4 discussion

I don't live in Alberta but I got them at Agincourt Walmart. Check your local Walmart because I've read elsewhere that other Walmarts around Ontario there have been sightings, and one sighting in one location in Quebec. They're retailing at $3.28 each now :hmpf_bad: .

Time to go to Agincourt Walmart then! BTW, where are they located? I never saw any CMs there before, so I'm wondering where they keep them!

Time to go to Agincourt Walmart then! BTW, where are they located? I never saw any CMs there before, so I'm wondering where they keep them!

If it's any closer to you, Wal-Mart in North Whitby and Ajax have stock. Yesterday (Sunday) when i went t Ajax Wal-Mart - six boxes that almost appeared untouched till i got there (around 10:30am) - only looking for certain ones that point as on Saturday picked up a box from teh North Whitby Wal-Mart. I'm debating about getting a couple more skaters and soccer players.

I heard that nightly Wal-Mart gets stock in and they restock the shelves, but it depends every night what comes in. I have another Wal-Mart on my way home tomorrow night i may hit up (as at this point i'm not 'desperate' to find some S4 now - just some extras for parts)

Edited by JMAK74

If it's any closer to you, Wal-Mart in North Whitby and Ajax have stock. Yesterday (Sunday) when i went t Ajax Wal-Mart - six boxes that almost appeared untouched till i got there (around 10:30am) - only looking for certain ones that point as on Saturday picked up a box from teh North Whitby Wal-Mart. I'm debating about getting a couple more skaters and soccer players.

No actually I live 5 minutes away from Agincourt, but let's take this conversation here :classic:

Was curious to those who have him. On the Lego website it says for the Hazmat guy's profile it says, " it's a wonder he hasn't grown an extra face on the other side of his head."

Does he have two faces or only just the one?

He just has one. I don't own the fig but WhiteFang would have mentioned something in the review if he had two. I hadn't seen that thing on the website, very cute joke :)

Was curious to those who have him. On the Lego website it says for the Hazmat guy's profile it says, " it's a wonder he hasn't grown an extra face on the other side of his head."

Does he have two faces or only just the one?

He just has one. I don't own the fig but WhiteFang would have mentioned something in the review if he had two. I hadn't seen that thing on the website, very cute joke :)

The Hazmat guy I found was probably the easiest (or at least one of the easiest) ones for me to feel for. The large mask headpiece itself was noticeable just from feeling. Might be different for others but the moment I found the guy I knew it was him.

prateek, I've posted in the "Canada Eh" thread. I too was surprised to see Agincourt carry them since I've never seen any of the previous ones at that location.

Just pcked up 4 boxes of series 4 here in Munich so they are available here as well!

Blogged from my iPhone

Yes, it's a joke by TLG touching on the long-term exposure to bio-hazard or radiation. There is no dual faced expression or a 2nd minifigure head for it.

Yeah Hazmat Guy (helmet) and Japanese Girl (2x2x2 slope: dress) are the easiest to feel.

List of easiest items to feel (for me):

Hazmat Guy: Helmet

Japanese Girl: Dress (2x2x2 slope)

Artist: Brush

Wolf Man: Bone

Frankenstein: Hard to tell but hair piece is the only thing different.

Musketeer: Sword

Sailor: Scope

Hockey Guy: Hockey stick

Viking: Shield

Skater Boy: Skateboard

Soccer Player: Trophy

Ice Dancer: Ice skate with no hockey stick in bag

Surfer Girl: Surf Board

Gnome: Fishing pole

Punk: Guitar

Scientist: Unknown (I assume rubber hair)

Edited by Rook

Spotted these on sale at Sainsbury's (Winnersh, UK) on the toy aisle.

Didn't scan on the tills but charged £2 each for them. Only got a couple of them but ended up having the Rock star and surfing girl.

Not anywhere else yet, all the TRU and Tesco stores near me have boxes of S3.

Edited by timmorgan

I like most of the rest, and there seems to be enough of each fig for me to get, but there's usually children that take all the ones I need to complete my collection each time :hmpf_bad: !

:laugh: Darn kids, buying up all our toys!

Right! :laugh: We really need to talk to TRU about banning those pesky kids from their stores!

I am just waiting for the day they open an exclusivley AFOL store somewhere; I don't see why not, it's a hobby like any other, except it's accessible across more ages and personalities.

About series 4: just got a rocker, artist, mad scientist and figure skater; I am in love with this series! :wub: Now waiting for the rest pf the series to get here, the accessories seem made for MOC purposes; they really open the door for a lot of ideas that would otherwise have been dull. :thumbup:

Incidentally, Series 2 is the only one I've ever seen at Walmart, and then only at one particular store out of the five Walmarts closest to me and which I check out semi-regularly. Despite Series 3 onwards reportedly having been produced in much greater quantities and distributed more broadly, I have yet to see Series 3 in Walmart. I know Series 3 and 4 are getting or will get much broader distribution than the first two, but for me personally Series 2 has actually been the one I've been able to get most easily (in terms of number of places that carry it, as well as the duration for which it's been carried - there's a Borders near me that still has it, actually).

Well, never mind - I was just at this particular WM again, and saw *plenty* of Series 3, on shelves just across from the other LEGO sets. They had at least four open partial boxes out. I still have yet to see any of the series elsewhere, though.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Just wanted to let any fellow Maine-iacs know that the South Portland TRU got a few boxes in this morning, though one box has now been left thoroughly picked through. :)

Have these shown up anywhere in the UK yet in any shops other than Tesco? In particular, WHSmith's or Argos? I'm really desperate for these!

Posted in the Canadian thread but might as well also post it in here.

Series 4 minifigs have also been spotted at the Scarborough Town Centre Walmart. They have a bunch that are hung on hooks, and then about another 2.5 cases on the shelf. Not in the Lego aisle, but in the aisle beside it. I managed to find the ice skater I was missing, now I have all 16 :classic: .

None seen at Eglinton/Warden Walmart (at least for now).

Have these shown up anywhere in the UK yet in any shops other than Tesco? In particular, WHSmith's or Argos? I'm really desperate for these!

I've only seen them in Sainsburys (yesterday) but when I returned today to buy more they were all gone.

Well, I've finally managed to complete my Series 4 collection. Finding the scientist was a bit of trouble but beyond that everything went nice and smoothly. I managed to grab 12 musketeers and 6 hockey players without difficulty so I'm quite content. This series is easily the best LEGO has offered so far.

a lot of you guys are lucky, at least you can finish your collection for series 4 or start to build up your stock.

we still can't see any series 4 box in downunder (a lot of series 3 boxes still around though).

btw guys, which one(s) are better than what you originally saw in the pictures??

Well, I've finally managed to complete my Series 4 collection.

FINALLY! :laugh:

a lot of you guys are lucky, at least you can finish your collection for series 4 or start to build up your stock.

we still can't see any series 4 box in downunder (a lot of series 3 boxes still around though).

btw guys, which one(s) are better than what you originally saw in the pictures??

All of them were very impressive once I got hold of them, but the figure skater and artist stood out as being better than in the pictures. The artist and skateboarder are my all-time favourites.

FINALLY! :laugh:

Well, it did take me three days :laugh: .

In all seriousness, when it comes to these figures I've always been a bit concerned that I won't be able to get them well the getting is good. So far I haven't had any real trouble finding any of the series (1 through 4), but there are so many horror stories on these forums that I'm always relieved when I am able to complete a series.

Well, it did take me three days :laugh: .

I know... I completely missed 1 (went on vacation to the Amazon the day they came out... they were completely gone when I got back). Series 2 were also hard to find and sold out everywhere around here except the LEGO store.

Series 3, though... still available at TRU, LEGO Store and LEGO S@H... so I'm not too worried about 4 - besides the fact I ordered a whole box (who knows if the source will come through), I'm sure I'll be able to find them at the store. I'm so glad... I don't know if they make more or distributed them better, but whatever it is, I'm glad.

I just think "finally" is hilarious when they're not even officially released yet.

Mastermind Toys confirmed price (in the system, though not yet available): $3.49CDN per figure.

In cases like this, I really HATE being right.