legokuate

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 4 discussion

Do you think it's bad to just order from the TRU website instead of going to hunt for them?

Obviously you're not going to be able to try to get exactly what you want, but I aside from ordering a box at one place (for less than MSRP, not tax, free shipping), I also did an order at TRU - over $75 and shipping is free, so while I can't find them here yet, I was able to order them at no extra cost.

Just bit the bullet and paid 75$ US for the whole series through Bricklink.

I know I know, but considering there is no plausible way to get them for under $5 individually and by chance it's even more rare, it seems like the best option.

"No plausible way," really? I'm sure they won't be that hard to find in a few weeks. They should be plentiful in Toys 'R' Us and other outlets in the not-too-distant future, and Shop at Home will have them as well, of course (even though one won't be able to cherry pick figures there)...

"No plausible way," really? I'm sure they won't be that hard to find in a few weeks. They should be plentiful in Toys 'R' Us and other outlets in the not-too-distant future, and Shop at Home will have them as well, of course (even though one won't be able to cherry pick figures there)...

I am aware of that, I mean this is the easiest, and most cost-efficient way to get a full set of 16. I don't need multiples and can't find them in my area except for in a store called urban Outfitters and they are $5 there and you aren't allowed to feel the bags. Three series of these later and after paying $15 to get 3 ring leaders from blind picks, I have given up trying to hunt these down and am gladly paying 20$ over the estimated value at shop-at-home to know I am getting what I want.

On the way back from Cheshunt now, which was a nightmare to get to. I can confirm they have S4 figures there, and there's quite a few left. I was fortunate to get a sealed box and a partial open box.

My only advice for anyone making the pilgrimage is to go in a car or take a cab from a rail station, as the buses are crap (on a Sunday).

Word is that series four figs are now being spotted at Wal-Mart stores in Canada...at $3.28 per fig!!!! *huh*:sick:

Considering that Wally World has so far always sold them BELOW MRSP, I'm rather concerned about this. I'm guessing that elsewhere, the cost is going to be somewhere around $3.40 - $3.50, considering what WM's series two pricing was (never even saw series three there).

Word is that series four figs are now being spotted at Wal-Mart stores in Canada...at $3.28 per fig!!!! *huh*:sick:

Considering that Wally World has so far always sold them BELOW MRSP, I'm rather concerned about this. I'm guessing that elsewhere, the cost is going to be somewhere around $3.40 - $3.50, considering what WM's series two pricing was (never even saw series three there).

Hardly surprising.

It's not like you could expect LEGO to continue to offer us anything at prices that are on par with the US. I expect that they will shoot up to $3.99 by series 5 which would be in line with the 25-30% premium we pay on other sets. Out of interest, which Wal-Marts have they been spotted at?

Hardly surprising.

It's not like you could expect LEGO to continue to offer us anything at prices that are on par with the US. I expect that they will shoot up to $3.99 by series 5 which would be in line with the 25-30% premium we pay on other sets. Out of interest, which Wal-Marts have they been spotted at?

Sorry, unfortunately, I don't know which Wal-Marts. I got the info off 'Toys N Bricks' Facebook update. Didn't bother to check the forums for the exact locations though, since I had such awful luck trying to snag series three at Wal-Mart. I'll probably just stick with Mastermind Toys again, since I've had such great luck with them.

Crap! I cant afford this right now

Checked TNB's 'Availability' forum:

by Tiberius2011 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:07 pm

For me - Wal-Mart in Whitby, Ontario had five boxes (opened and checked) when i was there today.

May go back to get more of specific ones.

No word on other Wal-Marts at this particular time.

Unfortunate, but FWIW I actually have seen WM here in the US offer LEGO sets at prices above MSRP. It doesn't happen often, but I've seen it every once in a while - for example, 8401 City Minifigure Collection was sold in some WMs near me for $10.99 or thereabouts, a dollar above the set's list price, and right now the Spongebob Squarepants set 3834 Good Neighbors at Bikini Bottom is $41.97 or so, about two dollars above the "regular" price.

Not that that's good, exactly, but at least it shows no vendor is completely free from occasional LEGO set prices above list - not even Walmart, not even in the US.

Incidentally, Series 2 is the only one I've ever seen at Walmart, and then only at one particular store out of the five Walmarts closest to me and which I check out semi-regularly. Despite Series 3 onwards reportedly having been produced in much greater quantities and distributed more broadly, I have yet to see Series 3 in Walmart. I know Series 3 and 4 are getting or will get much broader distribution than the first two, but for me personally Series 2 has actually been the one I've been able to get most easily (in terms of number of places that carry it, as well as the duration for which it's been carried - there's a Borders near me that still has it, actually).

Some news for you folks: I've just gone through my sealed box of S4 figures, and here's how each of the figures were distributed.

s4_distribution.gif

I don't know if it's the same order for all boxes, but this confirms (for the time being, anyway) that there are only two Mad Scientists per box over here.

I think that those stats were shown in Whitefang's review, but thanks anyway Silentmode. I'm glad to know that there's a lot of my 3 favourites (footballer, surfer girl and kimono girl) in a box, but sad that there's only two scientists. I like most of the rest, and there seems to be enough of each fig for me to get, but there's usually children that take all the ones I need to complete my collection each time :hmpf_bad: ! Thanks again Silentmode for the stats.

I was aware of the stats (and was hoping there would be more Mad Scientists, just as the S3 Fisherman's stats had changed), but I don't think there was anything about distribution.

i am suprised to see that their is a fair number of the guitar rockers in each box. With the unique parts i was expecting these to be a little rarer.

Yeah, I'm rather surprised as well...though quite happy, since it means that a few multiples shouldn't be TOO hard to find. =)

(Ah, who am I kidding? I still want a whole box! LOL)

Cheshunt still had a fair few! I grabbed 31 and didnt check the dots as my partner was rushing me, ended up with 14/16 :( so, if anyone has a geisha girl or a Viking to swap for a skater/surfer/sailor\werewolf then I would forever be in your debt! Was a good 54 mile trip so cant nip back. If anyone wants to swap please email me - Burgon at gmail dot com.

Thanks for the heads up!

went to Toys R Us they had one box grab only four because there was a limit of 4 purchase.

I guess my Toys R Us is after controlled distribution

I got the Lawn Gnome, Rocker, Frankestein, and Painter

hopefully other Toys R Us store around my area would get them. One store said to check back Tuesday.

Still haven't seen any S4 here in any store/shop in Europe (both Belgium and the Netherlands).

Going to check some more. Was expecting them already but seems they got delayed?

Well a lot has happened over the weekend. As a lot of you know Tesco has got series 4 in now, knew we were getting some possibly delivered on Friday but didn't want to say to much in case they didn't arrive , which can sometimes be the case, as I didn't want to get peoples hopes up. Series 4 has been delivered in a cardboard stand alone unit with 4 boxes of series 4 on it. As series 3 is now discontinued I would image that series 4 will take their place on the plan when it is due to be redone, so no need to panic. This is just a way of getting them instore quickly, rather than having you wait on a new toy plan to be done. If they are not out go ask someone to have a look for you or look on the computer system to see if they have stock using the EAN, I quoted in an earlier post.

Some news for you folks: I've just gone through my sealed box of S4 figures, and here's how each of the figures were distributed.

[...]

Thank you very much SilentMode. I see that if you chop the top half off from the bottom half, both halves will have a unique set of 16. But then if you sort of chop it down the middle, you would be lacking a figure skater (left column and top half of middle column). So maybe about 40 packets would be better to ensure that you get a full set of 16. (I ordered 60 online and plan to return most of my duplicates.)

I think people were reporting that with s3, the figs tended to be all next to one another, right? This seems much more randomized, which is a good thing.

Series 4 Cracked-ish!?

lego-mini-figures-series-4.jpg

I found these this weekend here in Ontario, Canada (GTA) in my local Wal-mart. I used the minifigure codes from:

http://www.minifigcollector.com/

bumpcodes-series4-mini.png

I'm not completely sure, if they are completely accurate. Has anyone else used this and if so have you had any problems? :blush:

I thought I was noticing various dots not noted in the code image. I've been able to get 15 out of 16 but some had different markings on them. Still missing the Scientist.

I went through my stubs and did my own chart based on what I could see. Now I only have 1-2 of each so his might actually be correct and mine might be a bad batch. But here it is:

Black = His markings that didn't match

Green = His markings that did match

Red = Other markings found

Blue = Unabe to confirm markings (haven't found it yet)

codes_10.jpg

I just got nearly a whole box (probably around 52) so that I could sort the minifigures in the comfort of my home. After feeling around and labeling the bags I had opened, I ended up opening 18 bags, and got 15/16 different ones (the 3 that were repeats were 2 werewolves and 1 soccer player). The one I couldn't find and still don't have is the ice skater (which surprised me...52 bags and not a single ice skater...?). Yes I will be returning the ones that I did not open, I only want one of each.

bumpcodes-series4-mini.png

I'm not completely sure, if they are completely accurate. Has anyone else used this and if so have you had any problems? :blush:

I thought I was noticing various dots not noted in the code image. I've been able to get 15 out of 16 but some had different markings on them. Still missing the Scientist.

I went through my stubs and did my own chart based on what I could see. Now I only have 1-2 of each so his might actually be correct and mine might be a bad batch. But here it is:

Black = His markings that didn't match

Green = His markings that did match

Red = Other markings found

Blue = Unabe to confirm markings (haven't found it yet)

codes_10.jpg

My markings were different from the ones provided on the minifig site, but they match the ones that you have mapped out in a revised one.

Edited by Canada_7

I just got nearly a whole box (probably around 52) so that I could sort the minifigures in the comfort of my home. After feeling around and labeling the bags I had opened, I ended up opening 18 bags, and got 15/16 different ones (the 3 that were repeats were 2 werewolves and 1 soccer player). The one I couldn't find and still don't have is the ice skater (which surprised me...52 bags and not a single ice skater...?). Yes I will be returning the ones that I did not open, I only want one of each.

My markings were different from the ones provided on the minifig site, but they match the ones that you have mapped out in a revised one.

where did you find them?

where did you find them?

I don't live in Alberta but I got them at Agincourt Walmart. Check your local Walmart because I've read elsewhere that other Walmarts around Ontario there have been sightings, and one sighting in one location in Quebec. They're retailing at $3.28 each now :hmpf_bad: .

Also I just wanna ask, does anyone else find the Viking's helmet to be on the loose side? For the Series 3, the racecar driver's helmet would be quite tight on the minifig's head (hard to remove the helmet off the head without pulling the head with it) while the Viking's helmet seems to be the opposite.

Edited by Canada_7