legokuate

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 4 discussion

Checked on Series 4 at my TRU today. Apparently "two collectors bought a box each," according to an employee. Kinda frustrating as my TRU only ever seems to get one shipment of each series. default_sadnew.gif

Checked on Series 4 at my TRU today. Apparently "two collectors bought a box each," according to an employee. Kinda frustrating as my TRU only ever seems to get one shipment of each series. default_sadnew.gif

... and when you buy it's "sorry, limit 5!" while everyone else seems to get them by the box.

(but I finally got Target Practice).

I want that so bad. Got a couple of those polybag ninjago skeleton helicopters at TRU though, they also had plenty of these: clone wars mini shuttle

... and when you buy it's "sorry, limit 5!" while everyone else seems to get them by the box.

Might have to road trip it to New Orleans - as far as I can tell my TRU lets you go nuts.

That said I only bought one complete set of 16 for myself. Got a bunch more, but that was a favor for my siblings: actual little kids who expressly picked them out. (and a musketeer and a figure skater for my mom, my newly converted minifig connoisseur :grin:)

Back to discussion of the figs themselves

PRO TIP: put the viking head on the series 2 blackbelt. Our little viking friend IS Chuck Norris.

I picked up four today and am surprised to say I have 4 niggling complaints .

I was disappointed at how little pearl there is in the pearl grey/silvery foil for the musketeer. Mine looks really plain grey.

The viking shield appears very flat, the pattern being printed in pale tan and not gold. So his horns looks out of place as their gold pearl doesn't match anything else on him.

My geisha's top loosely fits onto her bottom so she breaks in half very easily.

That mad scientist's hair is wider than his head. The gap bothers me. I feel like that hair should be on the end of a pencil! (although that bottle is wonderful)

Ah well, I'll wait until the lego store has them in to pick up the rest.

for the first, I've gotten enough of the "chinese plastic" figures that I've expected all the metallic parts to be really. dull. (especially now that they're spoiling us with gorgeous metallic shades in this year's sets)

2nd, I completely agree, I wasn't expecting gold but it's not so radiant as it seems in the cg

3rd, maybe yours is defective. I didn't really expect it to hold better. The 'skirt' is first and foremost a slope brick, and as long as they've been using as skirts (a looooong time), they've had about the same tightness of connection. and you get a lot of leverage with both the skirt and the torso being so tall

4th, yes yes yes. It's an awful fit.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

Ugh, sorry about that. One would think that they'd get more than one shipment apiece (how many boxes are in a shipment?) if they're going so quickly.

(but I finally got Target Practice).

I want that so bad. Got a couple of those polybag ninjago skeleton helicopters at TRU though, they also had plenty of these: clone wars mini shuttle:)

Wait, what? NinjaGo skeleton helicopter polybag?? I haven't heard of this before! I also haven't seen Target Practice yet, though I do at least know about it. I do check my Targets periodically but the only polybags I'm seeing lately are the City fire helicopter and the Toy Story army man.

Wasn't that Star Wars mini shuttle original a Target exclusive? And you say it's at TRU now??

That said I only bought one complete set of 16 for myself. Got a bunch more, but that was a favor for my siblings: actual little kids who expressly picked them out. (and a musketeer and a figure skater for my mom, my newly converted minifig connoisseur :grin:)

Heh, cool! Not much chance of that with my mom...

EDIT: Meanwhile, I've just returned from a post-work visit to my local TRU, where they informed me they had gotten their initial shipment of Series 4 and put them out today, and their entire allotment was bought almost immediately by some guy who announced his intention to sell them online at some hefty markup. Annoying, but probably just as well - I really shouldn't be spending the money just yet. I think Series 4 will be readily available for a few months; I probably don't need to get it all just yet (and can't really afford to, anyway)...

Edited by Blondie-Wan

The figs have reached my corner of the states as I found a box at the Redwood City, CA TRU on my way back from work tonight. It wasn't there when I stopped there yesterday but still, by the time I got there, it had been picked clean of mad scientists, soccer players, hazmat suits and wolfmen...

I picked one each of the remaining 12, there was little less than half a box when I left.

For the bags where dots where visible the cheat sheet matched what I got when opening the bags, however a few bags had no visible dots...

Good luck hunting everyone!

I can't wait for these to appear in the UK! I'm really jealous of all of you in North America getting them before everyone else, and I don't think this is the first time you've got a series earlier than the rest of the world.

I've had a report of series 4 in Brookfield Farm Tescos in Cheshunt North London, I'm heading down in a few mins to have a dig, and see what I can find :classic:

D

I've had a report of series 4 in Brookfield Farm Tescos in Cheshunt North London, I'm heading down in a few mins to have a dig, and see what I can find :classic:

D

That's great news. If they're appearing in England, then we should be seeing them up in Scotland pretty soon.

D

Awesome! Please let us know if this is true, and if they have many - I might go tomorrow if they're there as it's only an hour from me :)

Awesome! Please let us know if this is true, and if they have many - I might go tomorrow if they're there as it's only an hour from me :)

I'm sat in the cafe at brookfield farm tescos with my bag of series 4 in front of me. They have 8 boxes out on display 6 of which look untouched.

D

I'm sat in the cafe at brookfield farm tescos with my bag of series 4 in front of me. They have 8 boxes out on display 6 of which look untouched.

D

Darn, I'm on the other side of London.

D

I must admit, I'm pretty jealous :tongue: ! But good for you, anyway. Do you know if that is the only place in the UK that have them, or is there anywhere else? It just seems a little strange that they're only in one shop in the whole country.

Exactly! Though I usually just have a few favorites so the limit isn't really a problem, it's just the challenge of actually finding them. default_wacko.gif Mine tends to get two boxes per shipment, btw.

Also, called this morning with the UPC. They're still out, but "apparently" they've ordered more. The hunt resumes!

Got the one and only box at TRU today. Scanned a pack from the box at Target, and series 4 is in the system; not in stock though.

I can't wait to see the Series 4 being made available in the local stores. I hope you guys are enjoying buying these new minifigures! :grin:

Do you think it's bad to just order from the TRU website instead of going to hunt for them?

I've only seen series 2 and 3 in TRU, everytime I went to look for series 1 they were sold out. And instead of getting my first series 4 from bricklink, I wanted to get some first to open on my own and see what I get, so I just went to TRU's website and ordered some off of there.

D

That is amazing news! Thanks for letting me know - you say they were out on display did that mean you could rifle through them to check what was what or did you have to pick at random? Was there a limit to how many you could buy?

Also there seems to be a few tescos around that area according to Tesco.com - could you tell me a bit more about the whereabouts? Is it just the Tesco Metro in Cheshunt?

Edited by Burgon

Just bit the bullet and paid 75$ US for the whole series through Bricklink.

I know I know, but considering there is no plausible way to get them for under $5 individually and by chance it's even more rare, it seems like the best option.

I think this series is worth it, and can't wait to get them next week! :wub:

Edited by Sirens-Of-Titan

Do you think it's bad to just order from the TRU website instead of going to hunt for them?

Hunting is fun, but with the time involved in going to get them, I did the same thing in ordering them from the TRU website.

That is amazing news! Thanks for letting me know - you say they were out on display did that mean you could rifle through them to check what was what or did you have to pick at random? Was there a limit to how many you could buy?

Also there seems to be a few tescos around that area according to Tesco.com - could you tell me a bit more about the whereabouts? Is it just the Tesco Metro in Cheshunt?

I'd hazard a guess going by the Brookfield bit that it'll be the massive Extra at the Brookfield Centre, Cheshunt, Waltham Cross, England EN8 OTA

There won't be a limit on how many.

I'd hazard a guess going by the Brookfield bit that it'll be the massive Extra at the Brookfield Centre, Cheshunt, Waltham Cross, England EN8 OTA

There won't be a limit on how many.

That would be the one.

We had a good dig, the boxes are stacked up in the toy aisle so you can spend as long as you like rooting and feeling the packs. As far as I could tell when we left only the top two boxes had been touched so there should be plenty, we got a full set of 16 plus a couple of swaps as my feeling wasn't as good as I thought and I had to go back for 3 I missed.

D

I'm going to be up there tomorrow to get a box. If you see a guy getting wrestled to the ground by more security guards than you've ever seen in a store, with orange packets strewn across the ground, that's probably me. :laugh: