legokuate

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 4 discussion

Some people on Brickset(link) have been finding Series 4 at Toys R Us in Algonquin,il and in Georgia.

The upc code is 673419144995.

LegoGalactus

It begins...I'll have to check it out at my local store.

You see the annoying thing... The guy in Indiana says "Indianapolis TRU." That's OK, but I'm sure there's more than one, and if it's anything like it is around here, they are anything but equal.

But what's worse is the guy who says he got some at "a TRU in Georgia." Hello! Despite what anyone might think, Georgia's not just a place to stop and get gas on the way to Florida... I have half a dozen TRU in (what I consider) driving distance.

It's almost as bad as the people in the BST forum who don't say where they are.

You see the annoying thing... The guy in Indiana says "Indianapolis TRU." That's OK, but I'm sure there's more than one, and if it's anything like it is around here, they are anything but equal.

But what's worse is the guy who says he got some at "a TRU in Georgia." Hello! Despite what anyone might think, Georgia's not just a place to stop and get gas on the way to Florida... I have half a dozen TRU in (what I consider) driving distance.

It's almost as bad as the people in the BST forum who don't say where they are.

I appreciate that they don't want to reveal their exact location on an internet forum. But that really only applies to your house or neighborhood and place of work. I don't understand why they can't say "the Atlanta TRU at the corner of Washington and King" (imaginary names). I mean, they've already been there and gotten their figs. Let everyone else know where the goods are at.

Here's your one-stop info post to help US residents track them down:

The UPC number for Series 4 is 673419144995

The Toys-R-Us SKU for Series 4 is 578074

The Target DPCI for Series 4 is 204 00 0463

Note: No one has reported finding them at Target yet. I stopped off at Target and had them run the UPC number. Series 4 is in their system (hence the DPCI number) but they don't have them in their warehouses or distribution centers yet. Give 'em about two weeks to start trickling into Targets.

Good luck, everyone!

- Joe

Here's your one-stop info post to help US residents track them down:

The UPC number for Series 4 is 673419144995

The Toys-R-Us SKU for Series 4 is 578074

The Target DPCI for Series 4 is 204 00 0463

Note: No one has reported finding them at Target yet. I stopped off at Target and had them run the UPC number. Series 4 is in their system (hence the DPCI number) but they don't have them in their warehouses or distribution centers yet. Give 'em about two weeks to start trickling into Targets.

Good luck, everyone!

- Joe

SKU works...got a box in St Louis, MO. I've got extras FT on the CMF trade thread.

SKU works...got a box in St Louis, MO. I've got extras FT on the CMF trade thread.

Is there a web page where you can query with the SKU to see if they have it in stock? Or do you have to call their help line with a phone?

Is there a web page where you can query with the SKU to see if they have it in stock? Or do you have to call their help line with a phone?

I called the store and gave them the sku

I can't wait for these to appear in the UK! I'm really jealous of all of you in North America getting them before everyone else, and I don't think this is the first time you've got a series earlier than the rest of the world.

god damn you lucky americans. Despite LEGO being founded in Europe you still manage to get everything first.

I was really surprised to see the box sitting there when I went to the store. I was actually hoping to randomly find the first 2 series as I don't have either of them, but was ecstatic to find a nearly untouched box of series 4.

I need some advice. I can't remember where to find the calculated stats for how many packets you need to get to ensure you get at least 1 full set of 16 CMFs.

I'm thinking about ordering online through TRU to avoid various issues associated with CMF craziness. I plan on getting however many to nearly guarantee a full set, and then return the ones I don't want to a local store (they give you store credit not cash back).

Does anyone have a link or can remember those stats?

I need some advice. I can't remember where to find the calculated stats for how many packets you need to get to ensure you get at least 1 full set of 16 CMFs.

I'm thinking about ordering online through TRU to avoid various issues associated with CMF craziness. I plan on getting however many to nearly guarantee a full set, and then return the ones I don't want to a local store (they give you store credit not cash back).

According to maths, there is no number that gives 100% chance for all 16 minifigs. Or you mean let's say 90%?

why not buy a whole box then get 3 complete sets. Sell 2 on here keep one and with the spares either sell on here or return to store. Sounds like the best option as you are promissed a full set.

why not buy a whole box then get 3 complete sets. Sell 2 on here keep one and with the spares either sell on here or return to store. Sounds like the best option as you are promissed a full set.

They only have 2 complete sets per box this time. I just ordered 60 from TRU.com, on brickset there are people who reported doing so for previous series and they got shipped a whole box. Even if I don't I'm pretty sure 60 is enough to ensure a full set, then just return/trade the others or whatever. I personally do not mind duplicates of the entire series so I'll probably keep the whole lot.

Okay I think I'll order 60 packets then. I know I'm going to return a lot of them (store credit), so I wanted to minimize how much cash I would have tied up in gift cards (I assume that's what they give you for store credit, right?) But I can turn around and sell that second full set, too.

And about the probability aspect, I really meant how many you have to buy to have a 95% chance of getting all 16 unique figs.

I picked up four today and am surprised to say I have 4 niggling complaints .

I was disappointed at how little pearl there is in the pearl grey/silvery foil for the musketeer. Mine looks really plain grey.

The viking shield appears very flat, the pattern being printed in pale tan and not gold. So his horns looks out of place as their gold pearl doesn't match anything else on him.

My geisha's top loosely fits onto her bottom so she breaks in half very easily.

That mad scientist's hair is wider than his head. The gap bothers me. I feel like that hair should be on the end of a pencil! (although that bottle is wonderful)

Ah well, I'll wait until the lego store has them in to pick up the rest.

Ordered my 60 packets. By the way, I asked TRU, and they said if you order online, and return in-store, they give you a gift card in lieu of cash / credit card refund. If all goes well I'll be using that gift card towards CMF 5 or buying sets like POTC or Kingdoms anyway, so I wouldn't mind tying my money up in a gift card.

I'll report back on if they send me a MISB and I'll keep a tally of what figures were in my box if that's the "case". :tongue:

How is TRU selling them but s@h isn't yet?

Because S@H honors it's stated release dates, while TRU isn't bound to do that.

Our local LEGO store does the same thing with the exception that if shelves are empty from a sale or something, they'll fill it with what they were holding in the back. I got series 3 and Diagon Alley before the official release date from the LEGO Store because the shelves were empty from Christmas, but I don't expect that to happen again anytime soon.

god damn you lucky americans. Despite LEGO being founded in Europe you still manage to get everything first.

Um who in America is finding these? Whitefang is in Singapore and he had a box weeks ago.

I'm in the US and haven't seen these anywhere, and I've been looking, so don't get all upset.

I got mine :wink:

Brickset's claiming they're at a very good percentage of US TRUs

The other day someone scored some at a TRU near Buford GA... I'm just down the road a little; the TRU near Gwinnett Place Mall had only Series 3 (BOGO50%, though...). Target the road from there didn't have any (but I finally got Target Practice).