RoryoCox

What you want in a Fort

If I would make one, I would like to see:

- Long docks, sufficient enough to also dock big ships.

- a Jail

- a Bar

- Barracks

- Officers place

- Enough cannons

- Cliff's

- Palmtrees, and other vegetation

- Maybe a cave with a sea entrance

But above all; the shape of the fort needs to be logical, they wouldn't just pick a random spot and start building. It has to have to strategic capabilities.

Like this one:

4339804395_449dd3ff02.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45244184@N04/4339804395/in/pool-forbiddencove

Edited by -zenn

Its there if you looks closley, its the 8th pic :pir-wink:

Eldorado is indeed the best LEGO fortress ever made.

But if i would make one at myself, i would add the docking place, armory, cannons and soldiers, sleeping rooms, small kitchen and a prison.

Maby one treasure room too.

Captain Becker

I have been working on my own port, Port de l'Ambition interminable, and am going to try to include most of that (I know there isn't room, I'm going to add a baseplate or two in the back).

If I would make one, I would like to see:

- Long docks, sufficient enough to also dock big ships.

- a Jail

- a Bar

- Barracks

- Officers place

- Enough cannons

- Cliff's

- Palmtrees, and other vegetation

- Maybe a cave with a sea entrance

I have a cave with sea entrance on my fort :pir-wink:

I'm curious to see any updates.

I'm busy with constructing a fort myself, allthough, I use the 3 to 10-modules to create one...

Personaly, I would want a fort with:

Plenty of cannons

Plenty of troops

An armoury

A treasury

At LEAST one tower

Admirals corters

Prison keep

Substantial dock (one big enouph for two Imperial Flagships)

A single loading/Unloading crane

Plenty of walking space

A courtyard

Surounding wall (all around the fort)

Main gate leading onto the dock

A walk-way on top of the wall for guards

A storage

And most importantly, a LARGE pub!

My oh my... Better start designing, shouldn't I? :pir_laugh2:

I'm curious to see any updates.

I'm busy with constructing a fort myself, allthough, I use the 3 to 10-modules to create one...

I can't wait to see it (unless I already have)! Well I think I'll post updates any time I can now. I have made the little red building into mini barracks (4 beds), have an interior to the officer's area, and have added a little open-air bar in the back. Look forward to some more significant updates in the next two weeks.

Personaly, I would want a fort with:

Plenty of cannons

Plenty of troops

An armoury

A treasury

At LEAST one tower

Admirals corters

Prison keep

Substantial dock (one big enouph for two Imperial Flagships)

A single loading/Unloading crane

Plenty of walking space

A courtyard

Surounding wall (all around the fort)

Main gate leading onto the dock

A walk-way on top of the wall for guards

A storage

My oh my... Better start designing, shouldn't I? :pir_laugh2:

Yes, that will take a while. The best of luck to you and your fort! The main problem with my fort is that I didn't plan any of it out. I just started building. Although my docks are big enough for a couple flagships and a sloop but it would be a bit crowded.

Personally, I don't really care about governor's or admiral's or whatever's quarters, in my opinion barracks are all that is needed for sleep. I think there should be some kind of office or officer's area for maps, keeping records of things, etc., but the most I would give for a single person is a slightly nicer area in the barracks. Even on my upcoming ship the "Captain's quarters" is going to be everything but the living space, like the officer's area in my fort.

I can't wait to see it (unless I already have)! Well I think I'll post updates any time I can now. I have made the little red building into mini barracks (4 beds), have an interior to the officer's area, and have added a little open-air bar in the back. Look forward to some more significant updates in the next two weeks.

Yes, that will take a while. The best of luck to you and your fort! The main problem with my fort is that I didn't plan any of it out. I just started building. Although my docks are big enough for a couple flagships and a sloop but it would be a bit crowded.

Personally, I don't really care about governor's or admiral's or whatever's quarters, in my opinion barracks are all that is needed for sleep. I think there should be some kind of office or officer's area for maps, keeping records of things, etc., but the most I would give for a single person is a slightly nicer area in the barracks. Even on my upcoming ship the "Captain's quarters" is going to be everything but the living space, like the officer's area in my fort.

I would have to agree with the admirals quarters. Right now I am having trouble locating the right bases for the fort, so as soon as I start construction, I will post it!

I disagree whit that. Imagine if the fort is under attack, and all the soldiers are drunk, even a little bit. They cant fight as well as clearheaded. And i dont think there were any taverns in the real forts. So in a nutshell =Theres a tavern in a fort= Fort is lost quickly!

Captain Becker

I disagree whit that. Imagine if the fort is under attack, and all the soldiers are drunk, even a little bit. They cant fight as well as clearheaded. And i dont think there were any taverns in the real forts. So in a nutshell =Theres a tavern in a fort= Fort is lost quickly!

Captain Becker

I kow, I know.. I was making a joke there to lighten the mood. Even if I was to make a pub, I agree, all the troops would be drunk as a stick! :pir_laugh2: