Derfel Cadarn

Ye Old Forge

Fantastic job, Derfel Cardarn! :thumbup: Your model looks so realistic that it took me a few moments to realize that it's not a real house. :wacko:

-Toa Of Justice

This is so incredibly super-awesome that it cannot even be described with words!

Too.. cool.. too... handle.

:thumbup:

funkybrick

Very nice!

Well done. Great details.

Only one thing jumps out at me...the chimney...should be taller, to pass the peak of the upper roof, otherwise you wouldn't get a proper 'draw' and the smoke wouldn't vent.

Other than that, it's feakin' gorgeous. You should be very proud.

An amazing MOC! *oh2*

The size of it and the level of detail it's in is stunning. My favourite part has got to be the chimney, there are so many round 1 x 1 plates in it. :thumbup:

Very well done. :classic:

~buddy~

Man, this really raises the bar quiet high! How is anyone ever to become a moc expert if your mocs set such hight standards? I'm lovin' it and it totally inspires me to go on with my own projects ...

Lots of amazing details here Luke! Love the raised roof sections, quench, steering wheel wrought iron holding the sign post, telescopes on the chimney and :cry_sad: the stonework and wooden tudor work beautifully as well. Did you cut brown weapons up for the fench?

Definitely a favourite of mine for sure.

Cheers

ISC.

Oops he did it again! :laugh:

What a great creation again Derfel! I really consider this as one of my favorites, you've combined stone, wood and plaster textures really well this time. :thumbup: It feels like I could just hop in there and order a brand new rapier!

The landscaping is top notch as well, and the tiny little details on top of the roof stand out!

A masterpiece from a master builder himself I'd say! :thumbup:

Thank you all so much for your great comments and feedback :classic:

The exterior photos you have shown are fantastic! :classic:

Do you have any shots of the back and the interior?

kind regards,

Teddy

Unfortunatly there is no interior as the techniques i used to create the detail on the outside have left the inside looking a complete mess! I have taken photos of all different angles but just havnt got round to uploading them.

Lots of amazing details here Luke! Love the raised roof sections, quench, steering wheel wrought iron holding the sign post, telescopes on the chimney and :cry_sad: the stonework and wooden tudor work beautifully as well. Did you cut brown weapons up for the fench?

Definitely a favourite of mine for sure.

Cheers

ISC.

Thanks mate, and for the frontpage :classic: its one of my fav mocs ive built. The fence was made using a few old broken spears for some and others I have actually built into the base so they look smaller then they really are.

Thanks all!

Frontpaged on a Lego fanpage - and still I didn't realise at first it was made out of bricks. Enough said I guess.

PS. Ok, one more thing: I really really love how you use minifigs in your scenes. It's vivid and alive, it gives the scene such life that (once again) you forget it is just a couple of plastic pieces.

Frontpaged on a Lego fanpage - and still I didn't realise at first it was made out of bricks. Enough said I guess.

PS. Ok, one more thing: I really really love how you use minifigs in your scenes. It's vivid and alive, it gives the scene such life that (once again) you forget it is just a couple of plastic pieces.

Thats insane, so well done.

Beautiful work! I love the chimney and first floor wall for they feel like the stone that they are supposed to be. The wheels and pitchfork leaning against the wall makes it realistic as an active working environment. The skinny trunks on the trees really works for me too as they are bending making them more authentic. It's too bad this isn't something that would be available to buy for I would snatch it up immediately.

Beautiful work! I love the chimney and first floor wall for they feel like the stone that they are supposed to be. The wheels and pitchfork leaning against the wall makes it realistic as an active working environment. The skinny trunks on the trees really works for me too as they are bending making them more authentic. It's too bad this isn't something that would be available to buy for I would snatch it up immediately.

Thanks, If I ever work for Lego then I will make sure they release it as part of a new line of medieval modular buildings, but I doubt it will be cheap :laugh:

Stunning!

There are no other words to describe this. Honestly, I think this is your best work yet, and that's already an impressively high standard. The shape and feel of this building is simply perfect. While I would have loved an interior to match with the exterior, the detailing is so impressive that it's easy to overlook. Beyond the lack of an interior, I don't think that a MOC like this could ever warrant any real criticism.

Amazing! :oh: I love the medieval style, and scale of this model. I might have to give this style a try. I can see this becoming a trend. Amazing work once again! :wink:

Sometimes you come across MOCs and their designers that are so inspiring it's ridiculous. The sheer attention to detail in your designs is awesome and hard to tell sometimes that they are made only from Lego.

We are not worthy! :wub:

Good luck in the competition!

That's just a masterpiece, I can't do anything like that. The stones look really like the ones in the middle-ages, and all those details make it look awesome. The plants and scenery make it look even better :thumbup: