mautara

MOC: My second modular building

Here is my second modular effort: a house inspired by Palazzo Spada in Rome. I like Italian Renaissance style and I'm trying to realize a whole strret in this style.

I hope you enjoy my new creation and I wait for critics and comments

5158749490_03d3a4e3b1_z_d.jpg

5158699284_38dc030e87_z_d.jpg

5158094289_c5bbd8db5f_z_d.jpg

You can find more images (with interiors too) here

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=451078

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=451079

Edited by mautara

Well if thats only your second then its a lot better than every single modular I ever made. Great work :thumbup: I love the white minifigs and the big wodden doors - dont get me started on the awesome interior. Keep it up :thumbup:.

Thanks, CB

Edited by crabboy329

AWESOME creation 'mautara', the piano, the tall lamp and that really cool old school timber door make this an awesome creation. :grin:

Dam, excellent designing and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Absolutely stunning!! The outside is brilliant with the statues and other architectural details but the interior is even better... I love that record player!! Overall one of the best buildings I've seen for a while... great work!!

Great building you got there. I'm loving all your details both inside and outside. The door, the ornamental statues, the small interior details, all great! :wub:

That is a very nice MOC. The architecture is impressive and your stylistic choice attractive.

Now, here is a tutorial on the simplest method of image re-sizing. So as not to cause browser distress to our members :thumbup:

Also, you mentioned having trouble with deeplinking flickr. If you go to the MOC's dedicated page, above the top left corner of the image is a dropdown button marked "Actions", when you click it there is an option for "View all sizes" if you click that it takes you to a page with a number of image sizes to select (I prefer Medium 500 for the forums) choose one that looks a decent size for you and the forum, then you can copy the URL from the address bar and post it in the forums the same way as before.

Great moudular building MOC mautara! I love the design of the wooden door and the grey tile bricks in front. Certainly impresssive considering it's only your second try in modulars. default_thumbup.gif

Excellent and effective use of colors and techniques to add texture and dept. :thumbup:

My only advice would be to add some additional texturing/dept on the right and left corners of the building.

This to "frame" the front facade a bit, and make it better as a stand alone model.

Currently, the facade seems to end suddenly at the edges.

To me, this is in too much contrast to the elaborate and excellent gate design.

Due to this, it seems to me that the building looks better when placed right beside your other building than as stand alone.

Hope this helps. :classic:

Thanks for sharing, kind regards,

Teddy

Stunning MOC! *oh2*

I love the grey tiles on the side of the building. The building is very impressive and I can't wait to see a whole street in the same style as it.

Very well done. :thumbup:

~buddy~

I'm really impressed! When I clicked on this topic and the upper part of the first image appeared, for the first 1-2 seconds I thought that this was a real life photo. Well done mautara, great work! :thumbup:

Excellent and effective use of colors and techniques to add texture and dept. :thumbup:

My only advice would be to add some additional texturing/dept on the right and left corners of the building.

This to "frame" the front facade a bit, and make it better as a stand alone model.

Currently, the facade seems to end suddenly at the edges.

To me, this is in too much contrast to the elaborate and excellent gate design.

Due to this, it seems to me that the building looks better when placed right beside your other building than as stand alone.

I totally agree with you. But i wanted to make it 32 studs long and I wasn't able to make a "bugnato" (in italian) on the sides of the building due to the way I SNOTted them. So I started to work at another building ad I will "sandwich" "palazzo spada"!

Anyway, many thanks to you and to everyone who likes my MOCs. I really appreciate.

i love your piano! what are the black keys that go inside the white grills?

and more shots of the piano?

also, i love the buildings! they are perfect!

Bravo Tarasconi,very Impressive,i wait to see that in Ballabio or in other fest in Italy.

Fagh vedar a chi ragass!!!default_laugh_new.gif

Many thanks!

Here are more shots of the piano: I hope you can figure out what piece I used for the black keys (because I don't know its name :hmpf_bad: )

dsc05451.jpg

dsc05452.jpg

dsc05455.jpg

Many thanks!

Here are more shots of the piano: I hope you can figure out what piece I used for the black keys (because I don't know its name :hmpf_bad: )

that is amazing. i may copy that is thats ok. its just to cool. but i still dont know what the black keys are. i cant really see it, but antennas that are low?

298c02.gif

that is amazing. i may copy that is thats ok. its just to cool. but i still dont know what the black keys are. i cant really see it, but antennas that are low?

298c02.gif

The look a bit like those mini spanner things that are used as joints (sorry ive got no idea of the name either!) a bit like a minifig hand but angular.