Defferwa

new lightsabers?

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

I think Lego should make new light saber pieces. I'm thinkin' rounded ends, and a plastic white core on the inside. If lego were making new light saber pieces, what would you want them to do/look like?

I have a similar thing sittig on my table right now!

It's an old trans-green spear from Alpha Team, with the point cut off. It's longer than a normal saber, and with a rounded end.

I think the lightsabers are fine as they are, personally.

I actually like what we've got right now. Maybe some more of the smaller blades for the shorted Jedi but I like what we've got. :classic:

Although I understand the idea of white cores for the blades, I think I'd rather see more styles of lightsaber hilts. After all, the blades are all pretty similar except for different colors and sometimes lengths, whereas there are at least 4 very dissimilar types of hilts. I would like to see one that is more conical on the butt end for Plo Koon (and others), a chrome-gold one for Mace Windu, one that's thinner nearest the emitter for Obi-Wan & Luke's final 'sabers, and finally one that's thicker and black for Darth Vader. Just my thoughts on the subject.

Any suggestions on how to modify TLG's existing hilt to better represent the above varieties, please point me in the right direction(s). Thanks! :yoda:

Im happy with the lightsabre piece we have at the moment. I think its the one thing that shouldn't change in the history of LSW. Its so generic that it can fit any jedi which is great. If we had different lightsabre pieces for each jedi than we would have to pay more. Now really, who wants to pay even more than they already are?

Im happy with the lightsabre piece we have at the moment. I think its the one thing that shouldn't change in the history of LSW. Its so generic that it can fit any jedi which is great. If we had different lightsabre pieces for each jedi than we would have to pay more. Now really, who wants to pay even more than they already are?

I agree, I think it would be much better if they keep that classic lightsaber hilt unchanged. And it's not even a matter of cost, but of practicality. Why put so much effort on detailing and/or creating a new mold for a piece that will serve only one purpose? At least the current lightsaber hilt can be used for other function/application.

Definitely agree. I also like the blades we have now because they happen to be just transparent versions of standard pieces. It gives the lightsaber a LEGO-ish feel.

Hmm

I also think that generic is better, I didn't like the curved handles for Dooku, or Ventres, as other Jedi have special hilts like Darth Mole and they didn't get a special piece.

Also shorter blades for Yoda would be good, that trans bar from the minifigure collectors sets in green.

Definitely agree. I also like the blades we have now because they happen to be just transparent versions of standard pieces. It gives the lightsaber a LEGO-ish feel.

thats exactly how I feel :classic: I like having the old hilts they just seem nice and classic :classic:

Edited by Darth Jar Jar

Hmm

I also think that generic is better, I didn't like the curved handles for Dooku, or Ventres, as other Jedi have special hilts like Darth Mole and they didn't get a special piece.

Also shorter blades for Yoda would be good, that trans bar from the minifigure collectors sets in green.

I think the curved hilts are okay; the shape is distinctively different and wouldn't look right as a straight hilt; but I would have used the same one for Dooku and Ventress, just a curved version of the classic one.

Personally I think the current two designs are fine (normal and curved). The only thing I'd like to see in the future is a jedi with yellow blade and also a black hilt for Vader's saber.

Personally I think the current two designs are fine (normal and curved). The only thing I'd like to see in the future is a jedi with yellow blade and also a black hilt for Vader's saber.

The classic hilt does come in black, but tothe best of my knowledge it only appeared in the Indy set of the truck chase from Raiders.

I agree, I think it would be much better if they keep that classic lightsaber hilt unchanged. And it's not even a matter of cost, but of practicality. Why put so much effort on detailing and/or creating a new mold for a piece that will serve only one purpose? At least the current lightsaber hilt can be used for other function/application.

I agree, the hilts are fine how they are, besides we also have thoe "dooku" lightsaber hilt.

I think that the universal lightsaber hilt/blade is fine, i think its become a trademark of lego star wars. I Think if you mess around with the original lego pieces too much we will star to lose the legos we love, and become more megablockish.(which would be a crisis)

I Think if you mess around with the original lego pieces too much we will star to lose the legos we love, and become more megablockish.(which would be a crisis)

:sick:

I'm sure we all agree. :laugh:

Oh yeah I forgot about Dooku's curved lightsabre. But to me its good and having Count Dooku with just a normal hilt wouldnt look and feel the same. It would be like putting normal legs on Yoda. Just not the same.

Oh yeah I forgot about Dooku's curved lightsabre. But to me its good and having Count Dooku with just a normal hilt wouldnt look and feel the same. It would be like putting normal legs on Yoda. Just not the same.

Agreed. As long as the real Jedi have a straight hilt, the standard Lego hilt should be used.

I agree with you guys, I think they look fine just how they are.

And as for hilts, as Roncanator pointed out, we would have to pay a ton more for each little hilt, and anyways, thats what the customizers are there for. :wink:

If your wanting some custom Hilts weeble1688, Check this out.

Also, check these out:

Here, Brickdocter's ones, A really good tutorial to make your own., and these.

Hopefully you find something useful there! :sweet:

CF

Edited by CommanderFox

I agree with you guys, I think they look fine just how they are.

And as for hilts, as Roncanator pointed out, we would have to pay a ton more for each little hilt, and anyways, thats what the customizers are there for. :wink:

If your wanting some custom Hilts weeble1688, Check this out.

Also, check these out:

Here, Brickdocter's ones, A really good tutorial to make your own., and these.

Hopefully you find something useful there! :sweet:

CF

Someone actually looked through my MOCpages folders? I'm impressed. Seriously, though, those are terrible customs. :blush:

Someone actually looked through my MOCpages folders? I'm impressed. Seriously, though, those are terrible customs. :blush:

Yep they are terrible and all those other ones are better Just kidding

Yours are great better than other custom saber hilts :sweet:

Ha Ha

No I Do like them all however they wouldn't mach my collection. might try the Darth Mole one though is it just two normal ones with the tips cut off?

Ha Ha

No I Do like them all however they wouldn't mach my collection. might try the Darth Mole one though is it just two normal ones with the tips cut off?

Yeah. Couldn't make one with the tapered tips and was tired of all the too-long ones, so I modeled it after the one in the LSW game.

They aren't that bad Brickdocter :wink:

Im interisted in the tutorial though, but can't bring myself to cut any of my lego. :cry_sad:

CF