legolijntje

[KEY TOPIC] Official Lego sets made in LDraw

I had some free time and I managed to finish some models, so here are another 4 sets:

I think you had a whole day free. :laugh:

Great models!

I've been working on "fixing" the LDD models for 10183 Hobby train and discovered that at least one of the models actually uses illegal techniques that can't now be done in LDD. As part of the effort to preserve these instructions I've had a go at doing it in MLCad.

10183 Hobby Train Model 4 - Theme: Trains

10183_model_04_loco.png

MPD File

In order to do this I had to work from the rather poor quality LDD generated HTML that Holodoc made available, combined with what still worked when the models were loaded in LDD4. As a result the build instruction order is 'a bit weird'. Having to learn MLCad as I went didn't help much either.

Still, I reckon it's better than nothing and I'm sure MLCad experts can use it to do far better if need be!

7150 TIE Fighter & Y-wing

7150.jpg

Errors:

>Rebel Dutch Vandar helmet replaced with available alternative

>System TIE Windscreen replaced with custom piece.

.ldr file

The two starfighters and their pilots are grouped separately under steps.

What is the general consensus on 'custom' LDraw parts? Because .ldr programs allow bricks to collide and go 'inside' one another, I was able to use a 6-wide dome in place of the TIE Windscreen and then flesh it out with other bricks to add connection points.

Cool sets there.

I'm "sort of new" to mlcad. I've used it in the past a really long time ago. I've made a star wars set.

4500-1 - Rebel Snowspeeder

rebel-snowspeeder-4500-1.4.png

Some things i like to mention

- I'm not sure about the colors cause i dont use real blocks

- The minifigs arent there also there is a small dish normally in the set which i did not make

- There is one wrong brick SLOPE with at-at pattern or something like that

- The wings arent tilted (i'm still rediscovering mlcad so i might do that soon)

- !!!Rope + grapling are not in the model!!!

I think thats it.

Edited by Redostrike

Cool sets there.

I'm "sort of new" to mlcad. I've used it in the past a really long time ago. I've made a star wars set.

Welcome to the ldd forum :classic: .

It's a good model you made :thumbup:

I'm going to index it.

EDIT: where can we download it? It's only a "legal" post if people can download your model.

If you don't now where to upload it you can use BRICKSHELF for example (the most of us use that).

Edited by legolijntje

Welcome to the ldd forum :classic: .

It's a good model you made :thumbup:

I'm going to index it.

EDIT: where can we download it? It's only a "legal" post if people can download your model.

If you don't now where to upload it you can use BRICKSHELF for example (the most of us use that).

Cool thanks, yeah i've uploaded it to brickshelf just now i will edit my prev post in a minute.

Edit: I'm not sure if i need to mention it but there are also 2 parts i added myself from a downloaded dat file.

- 3068bps0.dat

- 4858px4.dat

Cheers.

Edited by Redostrike

I'm not sure if i need to edit my prev post but it's a whole new model.

Could not resist it and made another one tonight:

7732 Air Mail (City) < Click here for file.

air-mail-77321.jpg

Some pointers:

- Stickers/patterns are not there!

- Minifig and cart are not there

I also noticed that i had alot of bricks missing so i used a few updates from ldraw. I lost track of what bricks i added on my own and which one i did not so sorry for that guys.

Hi Redostrike.

You posted a big (and extremely slow to load) BMP image.

If you want to post a lossless image, you should use PNG, otherwise jpeg or gif are good formats for the net.

Hi Redostrike.

You posted a big (and extremely slow to load) BMP image.

If you want to post a lossless image, you should use PNG, otherwise jpeg or gif are good formats for the net.

Sorry about that still need to figure out MLCAD more i just forgot to put it on jpeg.

It should be fixed now.

Made another model this time a bit bigger:

10001 - Metro Liner

10001-metro-liner.wholemodel.jpg

Some Pointers:

- It big!!! My pc slows down a bit so keep that in mind!!

- No patterns (doors / time panel for train?)

- No minifigs (i just don't like making them sorry guys)

- Placing of train on tracks is not great (it's bad even) but it's really hard to put it right.

- All "models" are in groups with a description name.

PS: I have all parts (Locomotive, Middle Cart, End Cart, Station and track) in a different file. If anyone wants these just ask and i will provide (there on my brickshelf but most likley not public yet).

Cheers.

Some new sets:

6471 4WD Police Patrol / Town

6471.png

L3B File (SR 3D Builder)

There are no errors with this set, but LDView doesn't render properly the front mudguard, even though it looks normal in SR 3D Builder.

21005 Falling Water / Architecture

21005.png

L3B File (SR 3D Builder)

Error: Part 4162pb23 replaced with part 4162.

5541 Blue Fury / Model Team

5541.png

L3B File (SR 3D Builder)

Error: The stickers are missing.

This is the same set as 10151 Hot Rod from the same theme.

New sets:

30028 Wreath / Creator

30028.png

L3B File

There are no errors with this set.

8281 Mini Tractor / Technic

8281.png

L3B File

There are no errors with this set.

10155 Maersk Container Ship

10155.png

L3B File

Erorrs:

• The stickers are missing
  • The string is missing
  • Piece 89649 & 89648 replaced with piece 2634 and piece 60601 replaced with piece 4862

Surely it would be much easier to recreate sets if there were more minifig parts available, particularly heads. There are so many missing most sets are impossible to make!

Surely it would be much easier to recreate sets if there were more minifig parts available, particularly heads. There are so many missing most sets are impossible to make!

If you are using SR3DBuilder to create your model, remember to remove the "hide patterned brick" on toolbox to show all patterned parts especially for minifig torso and heads. There are really a lot of !!!!

Sergio

If you are using SR3DBuilder to create your model, remember to remove the "hide patterned brick" on toolbox to show all patterned parts especially for minifig torso and heads. There are really a lot of !!!!

Sergio

Thanks for the help, but I use MLCad!

EDIT:

Oops! Didn't realise I'd put in the quote twice. :blush:

Edited by starwarsfanatic

But there are also many sets that don't use any minifig parts.:wink:

But not everyone likes them.

3718 - Small café - Theme: Fabuland

3718_small_cafe.jpg

You can download the file here:

L3B

LDR

The 2x2 tile misses the "cake" decoration.

Most parts were found in the last release of the "unofficial parts" database.

This one cannot really be made in LDD!

The station from 7938 Passenger Train: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Stu83/Trains/7938_station.ldr

No stickers.

First model, first post. Inspired by this post to make something for BlueBrick. I hope to add more train related models soon.

Welcome to the LDD forum Stu83.

Good model, but it would better to make whole sets. That's easier and better (also for indexing). But anyway it's a good start :thumbup: But I index it of course :classic:

Points taken, but uh, I've finished a couple more partial sets tonight:

The very simple signal from 7938: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Stu83/Trains/7938_signal.ldr

7938_signal.jpg

The gantry crane from 7939: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Stu83/Trains/7939_gantry_crane.ldr

7939_gantry_crane.jpg

No stickers.

One large element missing from the crane as I couldn't find it amongst the parts in my MLCad library (a 6x6 cockpit piece), no string or hook and the SNOT winding element not very accurately positioned.

Edited by Stu83