legolijntje

[KEY TOPIC] Official Lego sets made in LDraw

2 hours ago, nitrofurano said:

errors: missing tread crawler; misplaced parts (struggle on rotating hinge plates, and parts docked into them);

- Added missing treads (x485c01.dat)
- Added missing hinge pivot bars
- Added string (could be improved with more path points)
- Corrected arm geometry (I had to cheat a bit, triangle was not a perfect fit, because of model or parts approximations)

Modifications done with LDCad. I haven't tried to properly restore LeoCAD groups.

730.png

Modified LDraw file is here

Brickheadz / 41589 - Captain America

36356821544_7f308d333a_b.jpg

Errors: None

Brickheadz / 41590 - Iron Man

36446393554_e0fb826a5d_b.jpg

Brickheadz / 41591 - Black Widow

36915455570_b10a5f3eff_b.jpg

Brickheadz / 41592 - The Hulk

36542641633_4aca252f56_b.jpg

Edited by Darats

5 hours ago, nitrofurano said:

You should use ldview to make the screenshot, the image will be much better. It would be nicer for presenting your work.

4 hours ago, Darats said:

You should use ldview to make the screenshot, the image will be much better. It would be nicer for presenting your work.

i think i had no success installing it... :S - if there is any good installing tutorial for GNU/Linux, or some PPA from Ubuntu or .deb package ready to install, please let me know... 

i think i found a version of ldview installer in .deb format at sourceforge, but it says “Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: libboost-system1.58.0” - but you know, sadly and bluntly saying, software that i can’t install feels like software that doesn’t exist... :S 

For LDView, I fear you’ll need to compile it yourself from the sources.

For POVRay, there should be packages in your distribution (there’re in Debian). Contrarily to the Windows version, there’s no GUI though. It’s just CLI. So a bit more austere.

From LeoCAD, you can export to a POVRay file. A “Render” dialog seems to be in development. By the way, newer LeoCAD versions do a little shading, it’s the View/Preferences/Rendering/Shading mode/Default lights option.

You can also try importing your LDraw files in Stud.io and use their “embedded” POVRay.

Edited by SylvainLS

3 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

For LDView, I fear you’ll need to compile it yourself from the sources.

ppa or .deb somewhere would be really great, i’m quite disastrous on compiling sources...

For POVRay, there should be packages in your distribution (there’re in Debian). Contrarily to the Windows version, there’s no GUI though. It’s just CLI. So a bit more austere.

i have it installed actually, i’m curious about the proper command lines and procedures needed for the task

From LeoCAD, you can export to a POVRay file. A “Render” dialog seems to be in development. By the way, newer LeoCAD versions do a little shading, it’s the View/Preferences/Rendering/Shading mode/Default lights option.

i have no shading available from version 0.83.1

You can also try importing your LDraw files in Stud.io and use their “embedded” POVRay.

i have no idea what Stud.io is about....

5 hours ago, Philo said:

Somehow the retro look of these screenshot fits well the theme ;)

i share the same opinion! i wonder why @Darats complained so much! :D

5 hours ago, Darats said:

Can’t help on GNU/Linux sorry.

well, i’m 99.8% GNU/Linux, 0.1% OSX, 0.1% Haiku/BSD/IRIX/Plan-9/OpenIndiana/etc., and 0.00000000000000000% windoze! :D 

Edited by nitrofurano

107 - Canada Post Truck [1985]

https://bricksafe.com/pages/nitrofurano/107_canadaposttruck

errors: none (please help verifying)

107_CanadaPostTruck_1985.png

3 hours ago, Philo said:

https://studio.bricklink.com/v2/build/studio.page - Another Ldraw editor, with part snapping and collision detection. Maybe could fit your 0.1% OSX...

i saw now that the installer is around 150mb, a bit too bloated for the disk space i have available... :S 

37 minutes ago, nitrofurano said:

i saw now that the installer is around 150mb, a bit too bloated for the disk space i have available... :S 

That includes POVRay (and LGEO) and the LDraw libraries (Official, Unofficial and other parts).

20 hours ago, SylvainLS said:

That includes POVRay (and LGEO) and the LDraw libraries (Official, Unofficial and other parts).

great, i have to try it so, asap - thanks! :) 

sorry about, i will make a sabbatical pause for some months! :D - the situation is that i upgraded Ubuntu recently, and the LeoCad upgrade from 0.83.1-1 to 17.07-1 got really unstable, all .dat looked extremely glitchy, and trying to downgrade back to 0.83.1-1 didn’t solve that situation - and i still struggle a lot using other editors - so i’ll be absent for some while because of this... :(