legolijntje

[KEY TOPIC] Official Lego sets made in LDraw

6622-1: Mailman on Motorcycle [Town/Postal - 1984]

19267747381_6a691221b2_c.jpg

Download:

6622.L3B

Errors:

There are some problems with the rendering of faces. I suppose, it's the problem with importer, when importing rotated parts with multiple materials (decorations) Just realized, that the problem is with the head part. 3626CP01.dat is renderd correctly, but the 3626BP01.dat not :wacko:

Edited by juraj3579

6651-1: Mail Truck [Town/Postal - 1982]

18651596224_79b8b48cbc_c.jpg

Download:

6651.L3B

Errors:

LDraw - none

Render - Logo on the van is flipped horizontal. It's an error of importer, I tried every rotation of the sticker in LDraw, but it was always imported with wrong (same) rotation. :sceptic:

Edit:

I've updated the transparent materials in the importer, so the render looks a little bit better as before. I also managed to import the mail sticker with correct rotation, don't really know, why this happens.

Edited by juraj3579

@Darats: I'm noticing this for a while now: almost all the models you're posting are error-free. They include all the prints/stickers.

I'm wondering: are you making them all by yourself or are there just more printed parts in the LDraw library than I though? :grin:

I don't want to post non-error-free sets. So each time there is something missing, I author the part and submit it to the ldraw part tracker for the community.

[Creator] 6752-1 Fire Rescue - Fire Engine

6752_1_Fire_Engine.jpg

L3B-File

no errors

[Creator] 6752-2 Fire Rescue - Fire Jeep

6752_2_Fire_Jeep.jpg

L3B-File

no errors

[Creator] 6752-3 Fire Rescue - Fire Copter

6752_3_Fire_Copter.jpg

L3B-File

no errors

Edited by papacharly

6624-1: Delivery Van [Town/Vehicles - 1983]

19172305659_180832f792_c.jpg

Download:

6624.ldr

Errors:

Wrong Sticker

I tried LDCad again. It took quite a time to build this simple set, but I get slowly used to it.

[...]

I tried LDCad again. It took quite a time to build this simple set, but I get slowly used to it.

If you're coming from SR3D Builder, I can really recommend to turn on part snapping. I believe it's off by default.

Also, if you had sr3d camera-mode set on "ldd-like", you can set the camera-mode in LDcad on trackball-mode.

If you're coming from SR3D Builder, I can really recommend to turn on part snapping. I believe it's off by default.

Also, if you had sr3d camera-mode set on "ldd-like", you can set the camera-mode in LDcad on trackball-mode.

Thanks for the hints. Yes I've turned it on, but it works only on some bricks. And I'm little bit more comfortable with spin-mode. Overall, it's really powerful software, when you really dive into it (currently getting used to the flexible parts templates :blush:) . It lacks real tutorials with commentary, however. Roland made some how-to videos but it's sometimes hard to follow what he is doing. I was also looking for information about exporting (using) the animation outside of LDCad, but found nothing.

Edited by juraj3579

Another index update. Yippie!

It looks like more and more themes are getting more and more complete. If anyone wants to know which sets are missing from a certain theme, let me know. I can look it up for you.

Just a quick note: I'm going on holiday next 2 weeks, so I'll be a lot less active. But I'm 100% sure you guys won't make a mess of this topic. Right...? :grin:

Thanks everyone! :classic:

Statistics for last release

Records added between: April 18, 2015 and July 7, 2015

Number of sets: 65

...whereof duplicates: 18

...whereof alternatives: 11

...whereof incomplete: 0

...whereof irregular: 0

New Themes added: 3

New contributors Welcome!

D3K - 5 sets

Top contributors

Darats - 27 sets

juraj3579 - 12 sets

marco9999 - 10 sets

papacharly - 6 sets

D3K - 5 sets

lego2lego - 4 sets

Philo - 1 sets

Thanks for the update.

One question: what is the meaning of the - < > you sometimes put at the end of some entries in the set list?

Thanks for the update.

One question: what is the meaning of the - < > you sometimes put at the end of some entries in the set list?

Well, I believe that's actually a bug.

Superkalle created a piece of software a while ago for Calabar and me to manage and generate the LDD index and LDraw index. It's also possible to enter software and software version in the database. Calabar uses that to show the LDD version that's being used (because parts differ in different LDD versions). The software and software version appear in between the < >. I don't use that version (since the software and software version don't matter as long as it is LDraw), but it still displays the <>. It can probably be fixed or removed, but... yea... :grin:

Now that I think of it, it can probably be used to note if the model is 100% complete. Would that be useful? If the index shows if a model is 100% complete?