legolijntje

[KEY TOPIC] Official Lego sets made in LDraw

4641-1: Speedboat [City/Harbour - 2011]

Wow! I don't know what it is, but something about this render I really, really like. :classic:

Nice one, Juraj3579!

Wow! I don't know what it is, but something about this render I really, really like. :classic:

Nice one, Juraj3579!

Thank you very much. I'm glad, you like it. Actually, I stoped experimenting with blender and imports and materials and all this stuff. Just using the ldr-importer (no logos support, but overall good script) and hdr enviroment map for quick renders. :wink:

316-1: Fire Fighting Launch [Legoland/Boats - 1978]

14897827055_2d1634cc4d_c.jpg

316.l3b

Errors: No stickers

So, i'm back from my holiday and it seems you guys were busy. :thumbup:

I'll update the index soon! :classic:

6693-1: Refuse Collection Truck [Town/Maintenance -1987]

14969070891_e0b7061658_c.jpg

Download: brickshelf still down so the dropbox link: 6693.l3b

Errors: none

Edited by juraj3579

6350-1: Pizza To Go [Town/Shops and Services - 1994]

14802048330_81f52ebd31_c.jpg

Download: 6350.l3b

Errors: Missing Pizzeria Stickers

Edited by juraj3579

What I really like about your renders is that they are often a little scene and not just a static image with the set.

You always bring a bit of life into the image with the way you arrange the models and minifigs :classic:

And, btw, it's very nice that you upload a non scenery version of the file so that it's easy for other users to use :wink:

What I really like about your renders is that they are often a little scene and not just a static image with the set.

You always bring a bit of life into the image with the way you arrange the models and minifigs :classic:

And, btw, it's very nice that you upload a non scenery version of the file so that it's easy for other users to use :wink:

I'll second that. Proper job all round... nice.

PS blender render or cycles?

Thanks for the comments. Yes, I like to create a little scene from the set, mostly inspired by the photos on the set box or in the instructions. But I also don't want spend too much time with it, so some came out quite ok, some not. As I wrote before, I have just simple setup in blender with hdr map, I'm using ldr-importer for import (it creates also materials in cycles), quick positioning of camera and render in cycles, so no efforts to do realistic rendering or materials :blush:.

I rediscovered the old town sets recently, some of them are really great and also quick to build, so I'll post more of them in the future. Btw. I would like to build some harbor sets, but unfortunately a lot of the hulls are missing in the ldraw library, so I'm hoping for some new updates.

Edited by juraj3579

If you want a part, you can always place a request in the LDraw forums (the "real" one, not here). A lot of times, someone will make it. really friendly people of there :classic:

So, the long awaited index update :wink:

Sadly, no models from me. I'd love to build and contribute models too (I like to build LDraw models), however, I'm quite busy creating building instructions and I don't have endless time :grin:

We still got 73 new sets added. With each update, the index gets a little more complete. Thanks everyone! :classic:

Statistics for last release

Records added between: May 19, 2014 and August 24, 2014

Number of sets: 73

...whereof duplicates: 7

...whereof alternatives: 12

...whereof incomplete: 0

...whereof irregular: 0

New Themes added: 5

New contributors

(None)

Top contributors

C3POwen - 32 sets

Darats - 13 sets

juraj3579 - 11 sets

marco9999 - 7 sets

lego2lego - 4 sets

papacharly - 3 sets

Richie - 1 sets

Philo - 1 sets

6369-1: Auto Workshop [Town/Shops and Services - 1985]

15060853095_93d2c01b9c_c.jpg

Download: 6369.l3b

Errors:

Stripe Stickers on windows missing

Garage door might be a little bit off, as the SR Builder connection is not working properly on this part

Edited by juraj3579

Dropbox links not working *huh*

Well, you could also try BrickSafe :wink:

When I tried to publish link from browser, an error message came: There was a problem completing this request. Now I tried it directly from dropbox folder and it worked, so problem solved.

So, Blakbird would like to have LDraw files of Technic sets (A, B and C models) to render and use on his Technicopedia site. He already has a lot of files but he's also missing a lot of files. So, if anyone feels to make a Technic model or help Blakbird, feel free to post Technic models :wink:

He'll maybe publish a list of models he's missing.

So, Blakbird would like to have LDraw files of Technic sets (A, B and C models) to render and use on his Technicopedia site. He already has a lot of files but he's also missing a lot of files. So, if anyone feels to make a Technic model or help Blakbird, feel free to post Technic models :wink:

He'll maybe publish a list of models he's missing.

I've created a topic over in the Technic forum to track what I need and who is working on it. Any help would be much appreciated (and credited).

8266 - Super Challenge - Technic

8266.png

8266_a.l3b

Stickers and figures' decorations are not available.

The purple figure's head is not correct.

Edited by marco9999

Technic

1285 Buggy

3001 Buggy

1258.jpg

Download 1258.dat

Download 3001.dat

Ok, this simple model was way harder than I thought it would be.

Simple because, I am not that good at LSynth.

For life of me I could not get the rubber band to work right, so after few days off playing around with it I opted to use a string instead of the rubber band.

If somebody can edit it and make it with rubber band that would be great.