legolijntje

[KEY TOPIC] Official Lego sets made in LDraw

924-1: Space Transporter [space/Classic 1979]

924 - Space Transporter by juraj3579

924.l3b

By coincidence this very set is rendering right now on my machine, already taking 130 hrs! The transparent roof is taking quite a toll. Will post as soon as it's ready. I love the way you place the sets in your backgrounds!

130 hours?! You have a lot of patience.

I hope you've checked with lower settings if the render looks good :grin:

By coincidence this very set is rendering right now on my machine, already taking 130 hrs! The transparent roof is taking quite a toll. Will post as soon as it's ready. I love the way you place the sets in your backgrounds!

Hm, quite long time :wink: Mine took about 30 min. with Blender Cycles on HD resolution with 500 samples. I know, the transparent material is not that good (especially the yellow one), maybe i'll customize it later. Now, i'm still learning proper lightning and scene integration with Blender.

I plan to recreate all Space/Classic Sets, already have couple of them finished, but not rendered yet. Maybe we can split them if you like, so we don't have duplicates...

I'm looking forward to see your long term render :laugh:

Hm, quite long time :wink: Mine took about 30 min. with Blender Cycles on HD resolution with 500 samples. I know, the transparent material is not that good (especially the yellow one), maybe i'll customize it later. Now, i'm still learning proper lightning and scene integration with Blender.

I plan to recreate all Space/Classic Sets, already have couple of them finished, but not rendered yet. Maybe we can split them if you like, so we don't have duplicates...

I'm looking forward to see your long term render :laugh:

I'm also looking forward to seeing it finished. The yellow transparent plate has taken almost all the time spent so far (155 hrs and counting) but i'm expecting it to accelerate once it's done.

I've got the first four classic space sets ready made with two of them waiting to render. But you can make the models you like of course. I am going to make the modulars next I think, and the remaining architecture sets I haven't made so far.

Looking forward to your next render.

130 hours?! You have a lot of patience.

I hope you've checked with lower settings if the render looks good :grin:

I already know the render looks good, because I had to stop it once already at the 200hr mark :angry:.

That was on an older computer though. Now I'm at the same point at the 150hr mark so my new computer is an improvement, for what it's worth.

487 Space Cruiser - Classic Space

487.png

Download: https://www.dropbox....88tk8ti/487.ldr

Finally, after 266hrs and 31 minutes my render of 487 is done. I'm not entirely happy with it due to a lot of black splotches (see face of white minifig for example). I know how to solve it (increase"max trace level") but that will increase render time.........

High resolution render: http://www.brickshel...lassic/487o.png

Edited by lego2lego

A follow-up to one of my previous posts.

5892 Sonic Boom (Model B) [Creator, 2010]

5892%20Sonic%20Boom%20%28Model%20B%29.png

MPD file

5892 Sonic Boom (Model C) [Creator, 2010]

5892%20Sonic%20Boom%20%28Model%20C%29.png

MPD file

I'm not entirely happy with it due to a lot of black splotches (see face of white minifig for example). I know how to solve it (increase"max trace level") but that will increase render time...

The splotches are actually a side effect of using radiosity. "Max trace level" affects transparency and reflection quality, and doesn't need to be set that high. The default is 5, and I tend to use 10.

Have you tried these radiosity settings? They're what I use, and are perfect for rendering Lego, although they can be a little slow.

The splotches are actually a side effect of using radiosity. "Max trace level" affects transparency and reflection quality, and doesn't need to be set that high. The default is 5, and I tend to use 10.

Have you tried these radiosity settings? They're what I use, and are perfect for rendering Lego, although they can be a little slow.

Thanks, i seem to have missed them in the topic. I've been trying them out on different models and the result can be seen below. I've been learning a lot these couple of weeks!

10026 NABOO STARFIGHTER - Star Wars UCS

10026.png

Download: https://www.dropbox....3udr2/10026.ldr

Tricky render due to the chrome surface, I know there already is a render of this set, however it's incomplete so I thought to try it out!

Errors: No stickers

Edited by lego2lego

[...]

Tricky render due to the chrome surface, I know there already is a render of this set, however it's incomplete so I thought to try it out!

You probably mean my render, I suppose? :grin:

I had problems too with the chrome, it's very tricky to get chrome a real chrome look with the shiny silver coating. I still haven't got it to look like in real life (or at least close to that)...

Since I've recently posted the B and C models from 5892 Sonic Boom, it made sense to post the LEGO Club build made from the same parts.

Space Scout [LEGO Club]

Space%20Scout.png

MPD file

10123 Cloud City

cloud_city.png

Cloud City.mpd

There are several issues. Luke Skywalker has the wrong Torso print. Lando Calrissian has the wrong Head print, Torso print, and his cape is not reversible. Instead I put a second cape on him, offset so that it looks like it is Yellow on the inside and Medium Blue on the outside. Boba Fett has the wrong helmet, has no arm printing and has no leg printing. Princess Leia has the wrong Torso print. The 16 x 16 Rounded Corner Bricks that make up part of the landing platform have the wrong number of studs, which in turn cause four of the 1 x 1 Round Plates to "Float" on the landing platform.

7754 - Home One Mon Calamari Star Cruiser

home_one.png

Home One

There are many issues with this one. First, all stickers are missing. General Madine has the wrong Head and Torso Print. Lando Calrissian has the incorrect Head and Torso print. Mon Mothma has the wrong Torso and the wrong Minifig Hair. Admiral Ackbar has the wrong Torso print. The Mon Cal officer has the wrong Torso print. The Tridax Pod halves that make up the Death Star hologram aren't in LDraw, so I used a 52 mm Technic Ball instead.

I know that Blacktron I has already been posted, but these files are completely error free. I built these as they were built in the LEGO instructions, so some of them are built in sections. All sections or sub-models can be found at my Brickshelf page, SpaceMan Nathan. All are done in LDR format for easy combining and editing.

Space / Blacktron I / Meteor Monitor 1875

1875_meteor_monitor.png

Errors: none

Space / Blacktron I / Alienator 6876

6876_alienator.png

Space / Blacktron I / Invader 6894

6894_invader.png

Space / Blacktron I / Battrax 6941

6941_battrax.png

Space / Blacktron I / Renegade 6954

6954_renegade.png

Space / Blacktron I / Message Interept Base 6987

6987_message-intercept_base.png

Edited by SpaceMan Nathan

I know that M:tron has already been posted, but these files are completely error free. I noticed the previous listed models had placement errors. I built these as they were built in the LEGO instructions, so some of them are built in sections. All sections or sub-models can be found at my Brickshelf page. All are done in LDR format for easy combining and editing.

Space / M:tron / Mobile Satellite Up-Link 1478

1478_unnamed.png

Space / M:tron / Pulsar Charger 6811

6811_pulsar_charger.png

Space / M:tron / Beacon Tracer 6833

6833_beacon_tracer.png

Space / M:tron / Secret Space Voyager 6862

6862_secret_space_voyager.png

Errors: (rover not perfectly lined up)

Space / M:tron / Vector Detector 6877

6877_vector_detector.png

Space / M:tron / Celestial Forager 6896

6896_celestial_forager.png

Space / M:tron / Particle Ioniser 6923

6923_particle_ionizer.png

Space / M:tron / Steller Recon Voyager 6956

6956_stellar_recon_voyager.png

Space / M:tron / Mega Core Magnetizer 6989

6989_mega_core_magnetizer.png

I know that Ice Planet has already been posted, but these files are error free excepting pieces that are not currently available in MLcad. I noticed the previous listed models had many placement errors and pieces have been added to the MLcad parts list since. I built these as they were built in the LEGO instructions, so some of them are built in sections. All sections or sub-models can be found at my Brickshelf page. All are done in LDR format for easy combining and editing.

Space / Ice Planet 2002 / Snow Grader 1704

1704_snow_grader.png

Errors: 2440.dat in place of 2440px5.dat, Hinge 6 x 3 Radar/Blade/Spoiler/Panel with Ice Planet Logo and Mechanical Pattern

Space / Ice Planet 2002 / Snow Scooter 1711 (also Seaplane, Space Diver, 1731, 3014)

1711_snow_scooter.png

1711, 1731, 3014

Errors: (figure sitting instead of standing)

Space / Ice Planet 2002 / Ice Tunnelator 6814

6814_ice_tunnelator.png

Space / Ice Planet 2002 / Celestial Sled 6834

6834_celestial_sled.png

Space / Ice Planet 2002 / Blizzard Baron 6879

6879_blizzard_baron.png

Space / Ice Planet 2002 / Ice-Sat V 6898

6898_ice-sat_v.png

Space / Ice Planet 2002 / Deep Freeze Defender 6973

6973_deep_freeze_defender.png

Errors: 3626bp62 in place of 2626bp65 (male head instead of female head) b/c I just doubled the completed cockpit model

Space / Ice Planet 2002 / Ice Station Odyssey 6983

6983_ice_station_odyssey.png

Errors: 2440.dat in place of 2440px5.dat, Hinge 6 x 3 Radar/Blade/Spoiler/Panel with Ice Planet Logo and Mechanical Pattern

Errors: 3626bp62 in place of 2626bp65 (male head instead of female head)

I built these as they were built in the LEGO instructions, so some of them are built in sections. All sections or sub-models can be found at my Brickshelf page. All are done in LDR format for easy combining and editing.

Space / Blacktron II / Galactic Scout 1462 (also 1694)

1462_galactic_scout.png

1462, 1694

Space / Blacktron II / Two-Pilot Craft 1479

1479_unnamed.png

Space / Blacktron II / Scout Patrol Ship 1887

1887_scout_patrol_ship.png

Space / Blacktron II / Space Landing Pads 6710

6710_landing_pads1.png

Errors: (added pieces to match landing pad in 6988)

Space / Blacktron II / Grid Trekkor 6812

6812_grid_trekkor.png

Space / Blacktron II / Super Nova II 6832

6832_super_novaii.png

Space / Blacktron II / Tri-Wheeled Tyrax 6851

6851_try-wheeled_tryax.png

Space / Blacktron II / Super Vehicle 6861 (also 6741)

6861_super_vehicle.png

6861, 6741

Space / Blacktron II / Sub Orbital Guardian 6878

6878_sub_orbital_guardian.png

Space / Blacktron II / Allied Avenger 6887

6887_allied_avenger1.png

Space / Blacktron II / Spectral Starguider 6933

6933_spectral_starguider.png

Errors: 30324 in place of 2515. Wheel Hard-Plastic Large **fixed error, but part 2515 is an "unofficial part" in LDraw, so if you haven't downloaded and added it to your parts list it will be an error on your side**

Space / Blacktron II / Aerial Intruder 6981

6981_aerial_intruder.png

Space / Blacktron II / Alpha Centauri Outpost 6988

6988_alpha_centauri_outpost.png

Errors: 2552 in place of 2552px2, Baseplate 32 x 32 Raised with Ramp and Pit with Craters Pattern

Wow, thanks SpaceMan Nathan! That are great models you've made :classic:

I'll update the index next weekend to include all previous posted models since the last update :classic: