legolijntje

[KEY TOPIC] Official Lego sets made in LDraw

I would like to build models too again (and update the index), but all my files are still in my backup and I haven't had time to extract them :sad:

But I should have plenty of time in the next days, so then I can update the index and start building models again :classic:

I am at this moment not allowed to upload more pictures. As soon as I can i will upload, or is there another way?

If you uploaded the picture somewhere else, there shouldn't be any limitation to the amount of pictures. If you got some kind of warning that you are not allowed to post this image, it's probably due to the size. Images here on EuroBricks may not be larger than 800x600, but a little smaller would be better. Of course, you may link the smaller picture to the big one :wink:

Here is a nice little tutorial that explains how to resize pictures (the basic way) :classic:

If you uploaded the picture somewhere else, there shouldn't be any limitation to the amount of pictures. If you got some kind of warning that you are not allowed to post this image, it's probably due to the size. Images here on EuroBricks may not be larger than 800x600, but a little smaller would be better. Of course, you may link the smaller picture to the big one :wink:

Here is a nice little tutorial that explains how to resize pictures (the basic way) :classic:

Thanks again, i uploaded my previous pictures directly to eurobricks. I'll change my previous posts to redirect to brick shelf.

6507 Mini Dumper [Town, 1989]

6507%20Mini%20Dumper.png

MPD file

I've started work on creating the balloon tyres in LGEO, of which you can see my first attempt above. They're not perfect, and I plan on starting again from scratch, but they're a start.

I'll change my previous posts to redirect to brick shelf.

I prefer to use Dropbox rather than Brickshelf, as I found Brickshelf to be fairly cumbersome and often down for a few days at a time.

With Dropbox, I can quickly replace files if I need to, and 2GB is more than enough storage for small-ish images and LDraw files. Plus, if you invite friends to use it, you get more storage for free!

Hello, my 2nd post here :)

This topic is right up my alley! Or was. Long long time ago I tried to create all classic sets in LDraw. I put the dat files on Brickshelf. Here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=37168&n=0

At the time my rendering skills were not perfect but the dat files should be ok. Feel free to add them to your list.

Edited by Calabar
: Oversized Image converted in Text Link (Maximum size allowed is 800x600)

So this is my first time posting in official sets. Looking to take modeling to the next level. I've got so many more of my favorite sets, of all themes, in the works. Can't wait to share them all.

6395 Victory Lap Raceway ( Town - Racing )

6395_victory_lap_raceway02.jpg

missing torso printing on 1 minifigure

missing string element

6395 mpd

7948 Outpost Attack ( Castle - Kingdoms )

7948_outpost_attack01.jpg

missing torso and head printing on 2 minifigures

7948 mpd

8404 Public Transport Station ( City )

8404_public_transport_station01.jpg

missing torso and head printing on most minifigures

missing proper hair part for 1 figure, using substitute part.

missing sticker set

8404 mpd

Edited by Clyde Bum

You can click on the image for a 1600x1200 render (~1MB).

You can click on the set number to download the Ldraw file.

Please be adviced that I used the latest version of the ldraw library + the latest version of the unofficial parts ! (mostly baseplates, some other parts as well)

• 8043-1 - Motorized Excavator (Technic) - 2010

Known errors:

Electric wiring (connectors + wires) is missing (sorry but I didn't feel like LSynthing those, this model already took 20+ hours to create as is).

I've just noticed an small error in this file. You have a couple of yellow 1x6 thin liftarms at the bucket and at the joint between the two boom sections. These should be 1x5 and 1x7 liftarms, respectively. I really wish they were 1x6, since those are rarer than hen's teeth.

There seems to be a mistake in the index,

Set 21000 (Sears / Willis Tower) links to the Sears Tower built by Widetent. However the model by Widetent is not the Sears Tower but the John Hancock Center. I'm waiting for a render to finish and will upload my version of the Sears/Willis Tower.

Nice render. :thumbup:

You really made a little scene of it :classic:

Thank you. Still learning proper lightning, rendering and compositing in Blender.

Hi Angmarec. Thanks for your models :thumbup:

But, please don't forget to add the theme(s) from the sets. :wink:

These models already exist in the index, however few of them have been rendered and their size gave me some easy practice on rendering and Lsynth. Enjoy.

21000 Willis Tower - Architecture

21000.jpg

Download: https://www.dropbox....iuzuc/21000.ldr

21001 John Hancock Center - Architecture

21001.jpg

Download: https://www.dropbox....jfcy4/21001.ldr

21002 Empire State Building - Architecture

21002.png

Download: https://www.dropbox....x8cls/21002.ldr

21003 Seattle Space Needle - Architecture

21003.jpg

Download: https://www.dropbox....9ifkc/21003.ldr

Edited by lego2lego

Nice LSynth work :thumbup:

And although they all were created earlier, they don't have the name tile, because it wasn't created back then. :wink:

I have to update my models to include them...

I prefer to use Dropbox rather than Brickshelf, as I found Brickshelf to be fairly cumbersome and often down for a few days at a time.

With Dropbox, I can quickly replace files if I need to, and 2GB is more than enough storage for small-ish images and LDraw files. Plus, if you invite friends to use it, you get more storage for free!

I did as you suggested but for some reason the pics don't show up on this forum, i'll dig into it.

My apologies for not letting you invite me, i created the account before I actually saw what you meant.