legolijntje

[KEY TOPIC] Official Lego sets made in LDraw

A full complement of models from one of the 2004 Creator sets...

4505 Sea Machines (Model A) [Creator, 2004]

4505%20Sea%20Machines%20%28Model%20A%29.png

LDR file

4505 Sea Machines (Model B) [Creator, 2004]

4505%20Sea%20Machines%20%28Model%20B%29.png

LDR file

4505 Sea Machines (Model C) [Creator, 2004]

4505%20Sea%20Machines%20%28Model%20C%29.png

LDR file

4505 Sea Machines (Model D) [Creator, 2004]

4505%20Sea%20Machines%20%28Model%20D%29.png

LDR file

4505 Sea Machines (Model E) [Creator, 2004]

4505%20Sea%20Machines%20%28Model%20E%29.png

LDR file

4505 Sea Machines (Model F) [Creator, 2004]

4505%20Sea%20Machines%20%28Model%20F%29.png

LDR file

Did you updated the guide with these new techniques (Depth of Field, FishEye, Light emitting objects, reflective wood floor, ...) that has been showed these days in the topics related to powray? :classic:

i think its a good idea to add an FX section to the guide.

I shall certainly look into expanding the guide with some of the above. Focal blur/depth of field is fairly easy to do. Light-emitting objects are not something I've played around with, so won't be adding that until I do.

#338 - LEGO Classic > Big Vehicles > Ambulance - 1970

(click on image to see it larger)

dm-5W74.png

Download here

Errors: not known, maybe in the position of tyres.

Edited by legolijntje

Nice idea to put the .dat code into a spoiler :laugh:

But, could you please also upload it somewhere, so other people can easily download the model? You can use Brickshelf or Dropbox or Skydrive, there are many easy sites or applications nowadays :classic:

#329 - LEGO Classic - Big Vehicles - Oldtimer (1967)

oldtimer.png

File DAT: download here

Errors: followed Peeron inventory. Maybe the position of the tyres.

Notes: elegant model representing a veteran car. The big spoked wheels where a new in 1967. Original version had grey tyres.

Designer: unknown.

Edited by Plastic Nurak

#315 - LEGO Classic > Big Vehicles > European Taxi (1964)

european-taxi.png

File .dat: download here

Errors: not known - maybe the position of the tyres. Early sets probably had the 1x2 brick without the inner center stud.

Notes: cute little model, its story is a bit complex. Already appeared as a suggestion to build a model in the sheet printed for the #400 small wheels supplementary set in 1962; the fact that this sheet visible on Peeron is the 1962 original one is demonstrated by the color of the tyres that originally and just for only a year were white (from 1963 to 1967 grey, since 1968 black) and the lack of small plates (2x4 and less) to shape the model, because they appeared a year later (1963). Released in some market (Denmark, Germany, almost surely Belgium or whole Benelux) in 1964 (the picture in the box being the "smiling little child playing with" one: http://www.peeron.co...3?showpic=11716 - see the logo on the low right of the box, maybe a test-sale?), in 1965 in the other European markets (the picture in the front of the box being the model in a "natural landscape", becoming from that year the common one also in yet mentioned markets), and North America (via Samsonite) in 1968.

Designer: unknown - but I suspect he could be Kield Kirk Kristiansen, the Boss.

Edited by Plastic Nurak

@ Plastic Nurak: Boy, do those old 1960s Lego vehicles bring back memories! Nice job on those. These were the kind of simple sets that existed when I was a kid (before Lego Technic was offered in 1977).

I love the essentiality (I wrote the word well?) of early designs. And then, I played with the European Taxi in 1989, because the grown son of a couple friend of my family had this model since he was a child in late Sixties, and when my parents visited them, to avoid the nine years old boy I was went to be bored, they gave me this little set complete with the original box. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't remember the tyres being grey, but black.

Edited by Plastic Nurak

7900 - Heavy Loader - City

7900.png?dl=1

Errors:

• No stickers
  • No correct minifig face and torso prints

Download here

4778 - Airline Promotional Set - City

4778.png?dl=1

Errors:

• No stickers
  • No correct minifig face and torso prints

Download here

Statistics for last release

Records added between: November 18, 2012 and November 25, 2012

Number of sets: 17

...whereof duplicates: 0

...whereof alternatives: 6

Top contributors

C3POwen - 10 sets

Plastic Nurak - 3 sets

legolijntje - 2 sets

TotalyWicked - 2 sets

Train

10020 Santa Fe Super Chief

10020.jpg

Download 10020.dat

10022 Santa Fe Cars Set II

Model A

10022-a.jpg

Download 10022-a.dat

Model B

10022-b.jpg

Download 10022-b.dat

Model C

10022-c.jpg

Download 10022-c.dat

10025 Santa Fe Cars Set I

Model A

10025-a.jpg

Download 10025-a.dat

Model B

10025-b.jpg

Download 10025-b.dat

Errors:

10020 Santa Fe Super Chief - Missing Sticker Sheet

10022 Santa Fe Cars Set II - Missing Sticker Sheet

10025 Santa Fe Cars Set I - Missing Sticker Sheet

Edited by TotalyWicked

40024 Christmas Tree [seasonal, 2011]

40024%20Christmas%20Tree.png

LDR file

I've been updating some of the slopes in the LGEO library, as the tips of the slopes are too tall. They should be the same height as a stud, but seem to be twice that. Hopefully this will make the renders look even more accurate.

Of course, there are a lot of slopes in the LGEO library, so won't be releasing them in the POV-Ray thread until I've done most of them!

Edited by C3POwen

Trains

4557 Freight Loading Station

4557.jpg

Download 4557.dat

Errors

4557 Freight Loading Station

Missing Sticker Sheet

Missing 4346px3 Container Box 2 x 2 x 2 Door with Slot and Money Bag Pattern

Used 4346 Container Box 2 x 2 x 2 Door

Missing 892px8 Roadsign Clip-on 2.2 x 2 2/3 Triangular with Black Truck and Red Border Pattern

Used 892 Roadsign Clip-on 2.2 x 2 2/3 Triangular

Missing 973px122 Minifig Torso with Bulldozer Logo, Zippered Jacket and Pocket Pattern

Used 973 Minifig Torso

Edited by TotalyWicked

I have a question; I'm modelling Technic 8043 to add to this list, but one of the rules is "build must follow the building instructions".

I can do that, but the problem is that there are certain steps where elements need to be added in 1 step and then rotated in another step.

This is done with the buffer exchange, but the problem of course is that the model itself does not look good as the buffer exchange parts stay on the screen in edit mode. Also viewing it in LDView results in a view with the buffer exchanged parts.

So the question is: do I follow the instructions perfectly and try to (re-)create them, no matter how the model will look when rendered, or do I make a good looking model by skipping rotating the parts and placing them directly in their final state ?

I'd rather do it the 2nd way as it is much easier to work on the model without the buffer exchanged parts showing all over the place of course :-)

Edited by Strikeman

I have a question; I'm modelling Technic 8043 to add to this list, but one of the rules is "build must follow the building instructions". [...]

The rule simply means that we can't accept models built using means different from official instructions, such as: photos, images, cad files, "I copied the assembled model that a friend lent me", etc...

The source have to be the official instruction booklet (don't mind if real or digital), but how to follow it, this is your choice.

I have a question; I'm modelling Technic 8043 to add to this list, but one of the rules is "build must follow the building instructions".

It means that you just have to build it according to the instructions, so no guessing or adding your own ideas. If you build just how it needs to be, the order of the parts don't matter. As long as the model is build right :classic:

Sometimes when I build a model, substeb B is easier to build (in digital of corse) before substep A, so I build B before A :classic:

The rule simply means that we can't accept models built using means different from official instructions, such as: photos, images, cad files, "I copied the assembled model that a friend lent me", etc...

The source have to be the official instruction booklet (don't mind if real or digital), but how to follow it, this is your choice.

It means that you just have to build it according to the instructions, so no guessing or adding your own ideas. If you build just how it needs to be, the order of the parts don't matter. As long as the model is build right :classic:

Sometimes when I build a model, substeb B is easier to build (in digital of corse) before substep A, so I build B before A :classic:

Without wishing to labour the point, what is the stance on two official never-released Creator models that don't have instructions but do have an official Lego part inventory? They're so simple to build from the official image alongside the inventory that instructions are not really necessary. The below two are sets I've built, and will add to this thread if the given the go ahead...

My opinion is that the sets you mention cannot be added for two reasons: the sets has not been released and the the sets are not build using official instructions.

Last word to legolijntje, anyway.

Well, I'm not as strict as Calabar :laugh:

In my opinion, never releashed sets may be included.

When there are no instructions available, but there is a parts list and it is a a small model, I accept them. I mean, such small models aren't really dificult to build.

And I made some as well :grin:

So, I accept small models that have no instructions.

Well, I'm not as strict as Calabar :laugh:

Ah, those Sardinians, so stubborn :tongue: ...

Well, from the Swinging Sixties I'm moving to the following decade with this model...

#695 - LEGOLAND > Large Vehicles > Racing Car (1976)

racing-car.png

File .dat: download here

Errors: number codes of some part differs between Ldraw parts folder used by LeoCAD and Peeron, I mean the old Technic Bush (x148 for Peeron, 585 for Ldraw) and the proto-version of the Technic brick 1x2 with hole (x455 for Peeron and 389 for Ldraw). Axles originally were in translucent white, whilst I used ordinary white.

Notes: released the following year in USA (or entire North America?) as #491 Formula 1 Racer. This set contains three types of proto-Technic pieces (see above) in the number of 10 (not considering the wheels), but it's not a kind of proto-Technic set.

Designer: unknown.

Edited by Plastic Nurak

What a nice floor :classic:

It looks a bit like ldd, but nicer :grin:

Funny you say that, as it is from LDD.

I quite liked the layout of the stud shapes on a grid, so wanted to try and use something like that. It also helps outline models where the white bricks don't show very well against a white background.

In the end, it was easier to grab a screenshot of the LDD "baseplate" and modify it so that it would make a light-coloured nice floor. It's something else that I may add to the POV-Ray guide, but fancied testing it out on a couple of smaller models first.

5892 Sonic Boom (Model A) [Creator, 2010]

5892%20Sonic%20Boom%20%28Model%20A%29.png

MPD file

Errors:

- Missing 2x Black 61254 Tire Offset Tread [substituted]

- Missing 1x Black 3039pb41 Slope 45 2 x 2 with Radar and Disk Slot Pattern [substituted]

Edit: Corrected name of model variant from "Model C" to "Model A".

Edited by C3POwen