legolijntje

[KEY TOPIC] Official Lego sets made in LDraw

LDraw part 3626bp33 seems to match BrickLink part 3626bpb025. I've not been able to find a match on BrickLink for LDraw part 3626bp30, although it may be that stubble was planned but not added, as LDraw parts can be very complex to create, particularly minifig faces. Running a search for the term "moustache" on BrickLink does not really bring up any accurate matches.

The "Red-Brown" colour used for the printing looks very similar to the Dark Orange (used for young Obi-Wan Kenobi) or Rust colours available in LDraw (depending on which picture you're looking at), so they may be the best substitute.

Remember, the colours in LDraw are not all 100% accurate representations of the real-life colours.

Yes, I assumed this too. Thanks for your input in regards to the colours. :sweet:

@Superkalle/Calabar: Should this part of the thread perhaps be split and put into its own "LDraw issues / questions" thread?

Don't know if this is the right place to discuss these things?

4402 Sea Riders (Model A) [Creator, 2003]

4402%20Sea%20Riders%20%28Model%20A%29.png

MPD file

The above model includes some LSynth parts under the main engine cover, although the model will display fine without them in any other LDraw-compatible program.

Thanks for your input in regards to the colours. :sweet:

As the "official" LDraw colours do not quite match how the colours appear in real life, try using my custom LDConfig.ldr file, which is where LDraw/LDView looks for its colour definitions. The version of Rust that I have here is more akin with the real version. The file needs to be installed to LDraw's base directory.

Don't know if this is the right place to discuss these things?

I would imagine that it would be better to start a fresh topic for general LDraw queries. May perhaps start one myself.

8002 Destroyer Droid [star Wars, Technic, 2000]

8002_-_destroyer_droid_sml.jpg

L3B File

Errors:

Missing 342c01 Brown Technic Flex-System Cable

Missing x188 Brown Pneumatic Tubing

Missing 75 Dark Grey Technic Flex-System Hoses (30374 Bar 4L used instead)

Missing all rubber bands

I built all of the next one, before noticing that Widetent beat me to it a year ago. Mine does include the speeder and minifigs, so I'll add it anyway.

4483 AT-AT [star Wars, Episode IV-VI, 2003]

4483_-_at-at_walking_sml.jpg

L3B File

Errors:

Missing x130px3 Minifig Accessory Helmet Imperial with AT-AT Driver Pattern (blank Imperial helmet used instead)

Missing 973px322 Minifig Torso with SW AT-AT Driver Pattern (blank torso used)

Missing 973px321 Minifig Torso with SW Snowtrooper Pattern (blank torso used)

Missing 3041px2 Slope Brick 45 2 x 4 Double with AT-AT Cockpit Visor Pattern (blank part used)

What colour should I use for the minifig ghost's shroud? Thus far I've been using trans bright green, but I don't know if this is the best. What do you all think?

What colour should I use for the minifig ghost's shroud? Thus far I've been using trans bright green, but I don't know if this is the best. What do you all think?

If you mean the part used prior to this year's Monster Fighters sets, then the correct LDraw colour is "21 Glow in the Dark Opaque".

Oh, thanks, that colour is not available in SR 3D Builder, but I found it in MLCad. :classic:

A little too late...

Index update

• 13 sets added
  • I'm trying to get the right subthemes
  • I hope to get Brickset themes in the future :classic:

Creator

4838-1: Mini Vehicles

If the nameplates are in the file, please remove them, otherwise; no problem :classic:

(I wanted to check myself, but for some reason my LeoCad won't work :wacko: )

5866 Rotor Rescue (Model A) [Creator, 2010]

5866%20Rotor%20Rescue%20%28Model%20A%29.png

MPD file

5866 Rotor Rescue (Model B) [Creator, 2010]

5866%20Rotor%20Rescue%20%28Model%20B%29.png

MPD file

5866 Rotor Rescue (Model C) [Creator, 2010]

5866%20Rotor%20Rescue%20%28Model%20C%29.png

LDR file

I've noticed that the ".lcd" files that have been posted, which were created in LeoCAD, will not open using LDView or MLCad. As they do not appear to be standard LDraw files (i.e. I can't open them in a standard text editor like Notepad to see the line types that make up a model or LDraw part), should they be allowed in the thread? I'm not trying to stop anyone from using LeoCAD, but does it give the option to export files to a format that is actually LDraw-compliant, and therefore of use to people who do not use LeoCAD?

If the nameplates are in the file, please remove them, otherwise; no problem :classic:

(I wanted to check myself, but for some reason my LeoCad won't work :wacko: )

there are 0 nameplates in the files :)

my LeoCAD been a bit weird as well, i have to save file to my PC and open it from there.... it will not download and open file....

i hope that helps

I've noticed that the ".lcd" files that have been posted, which were created in LeoCAD, will not open using LDView or MLCad. As they do not appear to be standard LDraw files (i.e. I can't open them in a standard text editor like Notepad to see the line types that make up a model or LDraw part), should they be allowed in the thread? I'm not trying to stop anyone from using LeoCAD, but does it give the option to export files to a format that is actually LDraw-compliant, and therefore of use to people who do not use LeoCAD?

That's weird, in the past, I was always able to open lcd files in LDview. Maybe I had just some luck, or LDview is just broken.

But, since it uses the LDraw library, I think I have to accept the lcd files.

EDIT; after a bit of googling (if that's a word :tongue: ), you can save .lcd files as .dat or as .ldr by simply pressing "save as"

there are 0 nameplates in the files :)

my LeoCAD been a bit weird as well, i have to save file to my PC and open it from there.... it will not download and open file....

i hope that helps

It both doesn't work for me, maybe I just have to reinstall leocad :sceptic:

But, since it uses the LDraw library, I think I have to accept the lcd files.

EDIT; after a bit of googling (if that's a word :tongue: ), you can save .lcd files as .dat or as .ldr by simply pressing "save as"

SR 3D Builder's L3B files are essentially LDR files, with a few extra lines in them, and can be opened with other LDraw applications, so there is no issue with those. And BrickSmith on the Mac also uses LDR files, as per the LDraw spec.

Should it be suggested that LeoCAD users perhaps post compatible LDR or DAT files instead of LCD files?

6805 Astro Dasher [Classic Space, 1985]

6805_-_astro_dasher.png

L3B File

Errors:

None

6826 Crater Crawler [Classic Space, 1985]

6826_-_crater_crawler.png

L3B File

Errors:

None

My first attempts at rendering, using C3POwen's guide.

Edited by EdmanZA

5590 Whirl and Wheel Super Truck [Model Team, 1990]

5590_-_whirl_n_wheel_super_truck_sml.png

MPD File

Errors:

Missing stickers

5590 B Model [Model Team, 1990]

5590_-_b_model_sml.png

L3B File

Errors:

Missing stickers

Edited by EdmanZA

Ok, I know this looks a bit weird, "building" this "set", but it was an experiment :tongue:

3743 - Locomotive Blue Bricks - Trains

3743.png?dl=1

No errors.

Download here

3744 - Locomotive Green Bricks - Trains

3744.png?dl=1

No errors.

Download here

3745 - Locomotive Black Bricks - Trains

3745.png?dl=1

No errors.

Download here

3746 - Locomotive Brown Bricks - Trains

3746.png?dl=1

No errors.

Download here

3747 - Locomotive Dark Gray Bricks - Trains

3747.png?dl=1

No errors.

Download here

5900 - Johnny Thunder - Trains

5900.png?dl=1

No errors.

Download here

5918 - Scorpion Tracker - Trains

5918.png?dl=1

No errors.

Download here

Began updating Castle sets, see examples here

Will update as I get time to do so. I have them all rendered and resized on my computer, so I just need to find time to upload them to brickshelf and then make the links here. :classic:

Just updating the posts I've already made for now. One set at a time. :tongue: