alienwar9

LDD Relay Community Build 2

Welcome to the second ever LEGO Digital Designer Relay Community Build! :tongue:

For this build, there is NO THEME other than becoming some type of art-form by the end. That means anything goes (almost). Please keep it clean.

The build will be a first come, first serve. If you want to be the next one up, just post, and whoever posts first, is next.

Download the most recent LXF file and get building!

Once done, rename it (turn#), link it in a post (zip the LXF, upload it to your file sharing account (ie. Brickshelf, flickr), and link it) and anyone else can grab it next by posting.

Some Rules:

Each person can add up to 150 parts to the current model.

DO NOT delete or edit any existing parts!

Please use only parts and colours that are available in real bricks.

You must complete your part within one day of your turn beginning. Otherwise the next turn will start.

Each person is allowed a max of two turns, non-consecutive.

Universe mode is allowed.

You must have LDD 4.0 (otherwise pieces won't show up and can be deleted).

Once done with your part, make your addition into a group.

Hint:

To make a group out of only your addition, select all previous groups (ctrl + click) and then click invert selection and then click creates a group from selection (the group button)

The topic is closed whenever the following is reached first:

a) 15 days Now 25 days (November 30)

b) 30 iterations

I'll get things started, but this and only this turn can be modified/deleted. Here is a display: turn1. (don't limit to this, go crazy)

Edited by alienwar9

I'll do this once this starts going. I have no imagination, so I need a base to work with :tongue:

Edited by prateek

To SpiderSpaceman: Go right ahead! As long as you post before anyone else, your up first

For everyone: please make it explicit that you are posting to take the turn so we don't have any confusion.

Edited by alienwar9

Odd abstract detail work...

turn 2

Crossing my fingers that I haven't crashed the project. :wink:

Done! Link

wmanidi

Edited by wmanidi

Oh that is cool! good and whimsical

I don't know if anyone wants to do anything with the pillar in the base but that's as much a part of it as anything - and it's got technic holes, so it's ripe for building off of

That was what I had originally been planning on building off of, actually, but I didn't have any solid ideas and the birdcage seemed like it would be fun to try. :laugh: If nobody else gets around to it I might take a "Turn 2" much later to build it.

only 3 days in and it already looks amazing! Great job everyone!!!!

12 days left, so lets try and hit that 30 turns mark first!

Is it just me, or is this turning out to be an evil genius' super villain lair? It's making me want to come up with mad scientist strips.

I'm working on turn 6!

Turn 6

Now there is a parrot and burger powered ion cannon, obliterating any planetary system Darth Greybeard chooses :devil::laugh:

:laugh: I love it! All those extra parrots lined up and ready to use, too.

Makes me wonder what will happen to all those fish. :laugh:

Fish? What fish?

Here is turn 7 with the last 2 turns grouped properly.

Looking great so far! It's starting to remind me of those toys of mad scientist hide-outs.

In fact, it would be really cool if we could turn this into one of those, where some "inconspicuous" object breaks open (hinges) to reveal the mad scientist's super secret laboratory and hide-out.

Something like a volcano, mountainside, beachy island, donut shop, missile silo, etc with this inside, or underneath.

Just an idea, if anyone wants to start building towards that.

I might just use my next turn to start it somewhere down the line :sweet:

Wouldn't it be cool if someone created a real life model of our creation?

I don't think it will stay together all too well. IMO it's way too fragile, but that would be cool no doubt about it :thumbup::tongue:

Doc's got Turn 8! Whoever wants Turn 9 better have the fire department on the phone. :devil:

UPDATE: Turn 8 is done! Aahhh! :laugh: The superlaser has misfired! :laugh: The floor's on fire! :laugh:

BTW- who left a red lightsaber hilt in the middle of nowhere?

Edited by Brickdoctor