Sign in to follow this  
Black Sparrow

Pirates Of The Carribean Lego

In the navy...Im gonna sail the seven seas! In the navy! Actually though your right...All these points are things I have though of before. Skittle colors might look funny but not neccisarily (Gosh how do u spell that) in a bad way...It will give us even more colors to use as pirates! Everything would just look a bit different and give us more variety. What I am afraid of are the new masts...Boy are they bad. Bring old ones back!

Post edited by Xwingyoda: I deleted the whole quote for space reasons ;-)

i don't think female pirates make sense. female captives maybe. and maybe woman figureheads (mermaid perhaps?). if you want female mfs for roleplaying, maybe you can use the figureheads or a city mf's head on a pirates torso. :-$

What do you mean female pirates don't make sense? Infamous female pirates from history such as Anne Bonney and Charlotte de Berry would have you keel hauled for saying such a thing!

Agreed. Perhaps female soldiers don't make sense since AFAIK women weren't allowed in the army back then... But pirates have no such restrictions or regulations, they can do anything they want...

3) I love the old pirate hull, I'm just hoping they won't use the 4+ hull or the Durmstrang hull

The Durmstrang hull = the 4+ hull minus the middle section and in different colours. And I hope they never use it again as well :-)

4) look at wave 1 of KK2 Mfs
Skittle colors might look funny but not neccisarily (Gosh how do u spell that) in a bad way...

I think such colours would fit Pirates better than they fitted the KK2. Pirates were known for wearing eccentric, colourful clothes. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see a ship full of pink-shirted pirates by any means, that would still be bad, but not as completely, hopelessly bad as it was with KK2.

i don't think female pirates make sense. female captives maybe. and maybe woman figureheads (mermaid perhaps?). if you want female mfs for roleplaying, maybe you can use the figureheads or a city mf's head on a pirates torso. :-$

Theres been some of them through history- those mentioned by Phes, and I read about a lesbian pirate couple in a history book.

Dreamweb,

I do agree that the "skittle" colours would be less problematic on a pirate MF (tahn on a knight), but I doubt that such pirates had a good way too keep their cloth clean and new looking !! Especially taking so much salted water from the sea and facing all that direct sunlight !! (those are colour killers).

Therfore, those bright colours would look a bit out of place in such a context ;-)

*yoda*

You know as well as I do if TLG ever reproduce a theme, they will come up with 4 unique chars. Just look around: KK. KK2. alpha team. Dino attack. Exo-force. It's always 4 people. Why? That's the million dollar question. And based on the success of KK and exo-force compared to alpha team and dino attack I am going to say that there is 80% chance that the new pirate theme will consist of 4 pirates with crazy flamboyant colored outfit (or hair). Alpha and dino have more black and grey and generic outfit and they don't sell as well. It will appear to TLG's marketing dept that ALL kids will want bright blue, red, green and purple pirates. >:-) >:-) :-| :-X :-P X-D

and no female mf. alpha has one and it's a total flop. :-P

*disclaimer* the above essay tho littered with packets of fact was meant as a joke.

Amongst all that there may have been a pattern which was established, however, it appears that Vikings didn't have many unique characters. Actually I have no idea what Vikings had, so were there any unique mini-figures in that theme?

I suppose it would be more accurate to say there were 15 different cominbations in the sets, not 15 different heads and torsos! Still, The LEGO Company did a good job of mixing them up to prevent them from looking too similiar to one another, however the Chiefton and the Captain don't look that different.

*disclaimer* the above essay tho littered with packets of fact was meant as a joke.

8-| 8-

Speaking of Potc, my avie is a weak attempt at making Jack Sparrow.

Your avie not savie enough for you, Mr Tole? One day you may be able to benefit from the Pirate LEGO Signature and Avatar Workshop and you can have an avatar to your liking! What program did you make your current avatar in?

It would be a great license for Lego, imagine the skeleton pirate.

I'm imagining a skeleton pirate but I'm not sure if I'm seeing what you're seeing. Obviously there are already skeleton pirates in sets like Skeleton Crew, Pirates Perilous Pitfall and Shipwrecked but they're merely standard LEGO skeletons wearing pirate hats. Did you have something else in mind for an undead pirate, Mr Tole?

So what you're saying Mr Tole is these skeletons would have the legs as a seperate piece? So you could put the skeleton torso on a normal pair of mini-figure legs?

Actually that's quite a good idea... You're right, it does open up a few possibilites...

I think a PotC theme would be terrible. The ships will probarly have the 4+ hull and would be too short. A un-licenced pirate theme would be much better.

Amen Brother! I couldn't agree more!

I see you've got Mr... I mean Captain Sparrow running away from those lovely cannibals as your signature. I wonder if that scene was inspired by Raiders of the Lost Ark...

I think a PotC theme would be terrible. The ships will probarly have the 4+ hull and would be too short. A un-licenced pirate theme would be much better.

What makes you think they wouldn't use a +4 hull on un-licenced pirates?

What about the possibility of a UCS set? The Black Pearl is an obvious canidate. I can't really comment on Pirates 2, but I'm sure there's some great stuff. I would hope that a better hull could be designed. One that could be widened as well as lengthened. It would be reasonable for TLC to use their current hull, though. After all they don't want to lose money on new molds. They would probably be just as likely to use the +4 hull for a liscensed theme as they would be for an original theme.

This is one of the reasons I'm somewhat against The LEGO Company producing a new SYSTEM Pirates theme at this point in time - they're too focused on using these ridiculous newer pieces.

What about the possibility of a UCS set?

What does UCS stand for?

I would hope that a better hull could be designed. One that could be widened as well as lengthened. It would be reasonable for TLC to use their current hull, though.

Its a pitty The LEGO Company didn't release a hull like that for the purpose of making galleons. I'm not sure about the suitability of the DungStain hull because I don't own one, but a proper galleon would definitely require something larger and wider than what appeared in the SYSTEM pirate theme.

This is one of the reasons I'm somewhat against The LEGO Company producing a new SYSTEM Pirates theme at this point in time - they're too focused on using these ridiculous newer pieces.

What about the possibility of a UCS set?

What does UCS stand for?

Ultimate Collector Scale.

I too, would love to see a revival of the pirates theme. System Pirates that is, NO license, because a license would have fleshtones and pirate fleshtones don't blend in with the normal ones do they? ;-) As for the hull, I'm afraid Lego would reuse the 4+ hull as they probably have loads in stock, whereas they have only little to none of the old hulls left.

Ultimate Collector Scale? I've never whitness a USC set in real life before so I'm not familiar with this scale, how much bigger is it than the scale of standard LEGO sets?

If you had enough flesh toned pirates to replace and even add to your collection, would you still be against the fleshy pirates?

I don't like mixing them, but they're ok on their own.

No. Under no circumstances should there be flesh toned pirates.

Reason 1 is because yellow is racially neutral (unless you're one of those people who believe Asians have yellow skin which isn't very accurate) and therefore the race of that mini-figure is left to the imagination.

Reason 2 is because unless The LEGO Company massed produced flesh toned pirates (and its sub-themes) mini-figures it would be impossible for me to replace them all. I've got a couple of hundred of them so I can't see that happening, especially since some of the rarer figures are quite expensive.

Ultimate Collector Scale? I've never whitness a USC set in real life before so I'm not familiar with this scale, how much bigger is it than the scale of standard LEGO sets?

Here's a link. It's a very large scale, so you can imagine the amount of detail possible on a ship like that.

yes i too fret at the prospect of a new pirates theme, god knows what they would do. However i still think it would be plausible to let mocers build the designs for free, I think most of us wouldnt care if we recieved payment for our efforts (that is if we were selected for such an elite crew) we would just be proud to see our designs sold on shelves. ( i would appreciate some feedback on this idea as i was completely ignored last time i suggested it. I'm curios as to what problems might arrise from doing this.)