I started a reference file once. It has a lot of decorations (some grouped) and some other usefull things for LDD.

Link to lxf.

I salute you! :thumbup:

This is great! Exactly what I'm talking about. I had most of those decorations anyway, but not every single one, and not in a very organised way ... :laugh:

If Aanchir adds the decorations that he has like for ldd updates and stuff like that, we'll be that much more advanced!

It should be possible to figure out from the LDD data files which decorations apply to which bricks and auto-generate an lxf file as appropriate.

I haven't played with the LDD data files to know for sure where that info is kept or how to get at it though.

Hopefully this is not regarded as a massive bump, but here's a short tutorial on how to add tracks to the LDD models.

Also why isnt this topic pinned?

Also why isnt this topic pinned?

Time ago has been decided that, as have too many pinned topics was like to have no one, only a Section Rules and a Section Index topics would be pinned. Any other notable topic is listed in the Section Index.

Edited by Calabar

I made a summary file including the CMF 1-11 minifigures (not my work) and all the other torso and leg decors that are in the software.

A tried to identify every decors and used the parts with the existing colors.

http://www.brickshel..._and_torsos.lxf

Edited by Yooha

I made a summary file including the CMF 1-11 minifigures (not my work) and all the other torso and leg decors that are in the software.

Thanks! :classic::thumbup: However, as soon as I opened that file, I got a warning that one brick was not correctly placed. If you have a chance, please fix it.

-Toa Of Justice

Thanks! :classic::thumbup: However, as soon as I opened that file, I got a warning that one brick was not correctly placed. If you have a chance, please fix it.

-Toa Of Justice

Hm, I don't get a warning. But even if I had, there is almost 0% chance to find the missing brick, since the program doesn't tell you, which that part was.

@Yooha

LDD tells you which bricks are removed: look for UnplaceableBricksDump.lxfml in the LDD profile directory, problematic bricks are marked in red (colour code 21). Otherwise you could compare the file before and after the removal.

More informations here.

Edited by Calabar

I just found some time to compare an opened version of Yooha's file to an unopened version. According to LDD Manager, it seems the missing piece is a 33009 Minifig, Utensil Book 2 x 3 in Reddish Brown. A little more research and examination of the file led me to believe that it was the Series 10 Librarian's book that had disappeared! (Now that I've returned the book, I hope I won't get charged a late fee! :grin: )

With Yooha's permission, I would like to post the corrected file, or send it to him so he can post it.

-Toa Of Justice

The file I just downloaded from my own library - and should be the same Toa_Of_Justice has problems with - still doesn't show any problem to me. The Librarian's book is in its place, next to the minifig. And not in her hands as I thought, so I don't know why it shows any problem. Can it be that, for example, different versions of LDD behave different?

A long story short, I still don't know how to fix the problem I don't see, but Toa_Of_Justice, feel free to fix it and upload the new file or send it to me.

As for Calabar's suggestion, I checked the file, but "materials="21"" appeared 0 time in the file. By the way, the file is 6 days old and is about another build I've done then, not this one.

One more thing: In the last few days, before LDD starts, it downloads some update, but does it every time! And it takes some 5 minutes to start. Can the software be freed from this never-ending cycle? Considering that LDD has to be closed every time I start a render with LDD to POVRay, it takes a huge amount of time every day.

UPDATE: The software says the brick version is 1392, however there is a topic here called 1564.2, so maybe my software cannot upgrade itself but tries every time.

Edited by Yooha

I just noticed something else: The Garden Gnome's head is missing. I thought maybe it got deleted somehow, but I tried adding a blank head there, saving, and re-opening the file, and there were no problems upon re-opening. Was that decoration not available?

Anyway, here is the fixed file, with the Librarian's book back in place as well as a blank placeholder head for the Garden Gnome.

-Toa Of Justice

P.S. I have brick version 1564.2. Perhaps this version is more strict about collision boundaries than 1392.

Thank Toa Of Justice!

The face of the Garden gnome is part of the software, so I added it and changed the file in my directory. Maybe I accidentally deleted it and didn't notice. By the way, there are some missing decals: the Statue of Liberty's skirt or the Chicken Suit Guy's face. For the latter, there is a transparent green head in the file!

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Yooha/LDDhelp/collectible_minifigures_and_torsos.lxf

Hi there, Yooha. Great work and definitely something that needed updating.

I am not so much into collectibles, but more into the minifigs from regular sets. I compared the 'non-collectibles' from your file with my own minifig decoration data, created when building official sets in LDD. I noticed some differences - so let's collaborate to get the thing as complete as possible.

I made an lxf with the differences. It contains three groups:

• a group with 3 decorated minifig legs that appear to missing from your file
  • a group of 4 decorated minifig bodies (no decoration on the back) that appear to have different (wrong?) body/arm/hand colours
  • a large group of minifig bodies that should also have decorations on the backside (some have different body/arm/hand colours)

I hope this helps in completing this much needed reference!

I'm working with Yooha's file and am trying to find the backprints for the normal minifig bodies. I'll post that LXF as soon as it's ready.

I updated the file according to Sjuip's improvements - thanks for that!

Now what is left is making all the non CMF head and maybe the arm an hip printings. But the hip printings almost cannot be seen and there are not too many arm printings, so I don't plan to do those.

Could somebody please update the index in the LDD MOC topic? It's already been a year and a half since the last update, (or 2 1/2 pages worth of models!)

Thank you.

Could somebody please update the index in the LDD MOC topic? It's already been a year and a half since the last update, (or 2 1/2 pages worth of models!)

The main purpose of that topic was in the beginning to index LDD MOCs spotted in the other sections of the EB forums. This was perhaps most interesting in the early days when LDD was still kind of new and we wanted to showcase inspirational models to each other. Today I'm not sure it's needed in the same way as a specific index for just MOCs with LXF-files. And it's a lot of work to keep an index going :look:

Maybe we can refund the topic in this way:

- a voluntary :tongue: Murdoch17 will manage the index

- all the post containing entries will be moved to the proper theme sections (the great part of them ad from Murdoch17 and could be moved in a single topic in the town section)

- a new "rules" post will be written with few rules, the main one that explain that the topic is a simple index (all the posts following the index are simple reports for LDD sets spared in the forum and NOT entries).

If Murdoch17 wants to take the burden, that could be done.

Maybe we can refund the topic in this way:

- a voluntary :tongue: Murdoch17 will manage the index

- all the post containing entries will be moved to the proper theme sections (the great part of them ad from Murdoch17 and could be moved in a single topic in the town section)

- a new "rules" post will be written with few rules, the main one that explain that the topic is a simple index (all the posts following the index are simple reports for LDD sets spared in the forum and NOT entries).

If Murdoch17 wants to take the burden, that could be done.

I'm quite honored that you picked me, but I'm sorry to I don't have the time to maintain the index (or necessary skills!). The only reason I was using the index to log my posts was that every other Eurobricks section (Town, Train, etc.) do not like / want to log LDD builds in their indexes. It was just a way of keeping track, in a sense.

Thank you anyways for your kind offer.

Use the LXF file linked below the shown palette picture in post #3.

Import it to your file and use any colour you need.

You can also copy the LXF file into the UserPalette folder and once opened it will change the color palette in the LDD mode. To get the normal palette back remove the file from the UserPalette folder. There is a more complete description of the user palette by Superkalle but I can not find it right now.

Use the LXF file linked below the shown palette picture in post #3.

Import it to your file and use any colour you need.

I know you can do this, but it still doesn't allow you to select a lot of bricks and change them all to one of the extra colours.

You can also copy the LXF file into the UserPalette folder and once opened it will change the color palette in the LDD mode. To get the normal palette back remove the file from the UserPalette folder. There is a more complete description of the user palette by Superkalle but I can not find it right now.

I'm pretty sure that doesn't work in Extended mode, which is what I'd like to use the colours in.

I know you can do this, but it still doesn't allow you to select a lot of bricks and change them all to one of the extra colours.

Use the colour picker tool with the desired colour. Select a group of bricks you want to change then use paint tool on that group.

I'm pretty sure that doesn't work in Extended mode, which is what I'd like to use the colours in.

Your are correct my UserPalette works only in LDD (normal) mode. I flip back to LDD from Extended all the time mostly to get colors. Also I use text editing on the LXFML file to change large numbers of parts.