antp

Lego and cats

I've got two little kittens. The slightly older one, Stitch, turns 3 years tomorrow! She is a holy terror with both LEGO and Warhammer. Anything that's left out, she pounces on it like a fat kid going after a twinkie smothered in chocolate sauce & smarties. She'll just bat the LEGO around for the most part, though she likes to aim it at things like the vents or into sinks so that you'll never get those tiny little pieces back...

With my Warhammer, she's a little devil for going after freshly assembled models, running off under the bed/into a corner and then disassembling them. (and again, she'll try her hardest to outright lose all the teeny-tiny bitz!)

The other cat, Loki, likes to steal the bigger LEGO bricks/plates and run off with them. Unfortunately she's a runt, and ninja-fast so it typically takes a few minutes to corner her and get things back from her.

Luckily, she doesn't care much for batting stuff around, but when she sees Stitch having her fun with Lego, she'll take a flying leap and pounce on her, chase her off, then run off herself with a nice big piece of whatever!

I guess this is what I get for giving them their names... They've definately lived upto their namesakes!

My cats have always loved LEGO as I do. They don't build with it of course but they like to play around with a single part or more. Some just like just to lay down on the LEGO. But my youngest cat Frida can sometimes open a box of LEGO parts, fetch one single part out of the box and then play around in my apartment with that part until she loose it under a furniture. Then she goes back and fetch another brick.... and making a mess... :)

Here is a picture of here getting along with her new friend the EV3 Raptor:

8601165076_3f1980ef39.jpg

Edited by F0NIX

Well, while I was on vacation once, I left my lego room a mess... So my cat turned it into his litter box and peed and pooped on ALL OF MY LEGO PIECES. Suffice to say, my cat is no longer allowed near my collection... due to the fact that I killed him.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I dig up my old thread to post a video:

I have two cats: one learned that it is dangerous to go there (and he is too clumsy to land on the table safely with all the Lego on it) so he stays on the ground, playing behind all the boxes; the other one is much more agile and goes on the tables all the time, despite I take her back to the ground each time. Here I rather filmed the walk; she knows she should not be there, that's why she meows all the time in the video: she does that each time she does something forbidden (which is quite useful when I don't see that she's trying to steal some food, for example :laugh:)

When i was a kid, my cat had mistaken my large bin of legos for a litterbox.. You know that feel when you have to wash +50,000 pieces because they smell like pee. 

My cat mostly ignores the bricks, she also doesn't mind walking over/through a pile but once in a while she'll go and throw stuff of the table with her paw..

I have two cats, and one of them likes to go around my back and chew on some LEGO...

Two days ago I realized that he had been chewing on one of the main rotor blades of the 76046 helicopter... And then I imagined myself just like Homer Simpson, but instead of choaking Bart I was choaking my cat... :D

And some days ago he must have been thirsty, because he decided to chew on a golden cup...

He never had any attraction for DUPLO parts, but regular LEGO seem like cat magnets.

That is a requirement for the new house we will hopefully have soon.  The Lego room will be completely off limits to cats.  One of the two cats once knocked part of a MOC on the floor by accident and then proceeded to chew on the loose parts that broke off.  The broken off part was found in three different rooms of the house, two of them had teeth marks.  This is why we cant have nice things...........