Lord Embo

Which is your favourite 2011 set with pictures?

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

After flicking through the 2011 pictures and rumours thread, a question began to bug me. I'd like to know peoples' views on the 2011 Star Wars sets we've seen final pictures for; in other words, which is your favourite 2011 set with pictures and why? If I could make this a poll, I would.

Anyways, my favourite has to be the T6 Shuttle because it comes with 4 Jedi I don't have, one minor one and Shaak Ti, who finally gets the Lego treatment. It is also helpful for my Clone Army and a Tipoca City MOC from the first two episodes of Season 3. It would be even further away from the others if it came with Quinlan Vos, but Anakin will do as I don't have him yet. Two sets that fall behind are the Bounty Hunter Gunship, which would be first if Aurra Sing didn't have the terrible hairpiece and also Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter, which falls behind because of Mace's CW face. So, what about your favourite?

*EDIT* If you don't like or plan on buying any of the sets, please don't bother posting about it here; it is wasting space that could be used by peoples' votes.

Lord Embo

Definitely 7929 Battle Of Naboo... ya gotta love the new gungans! :wub: :wub:

I'm not particularly excited by any of the photos I've seen thus far. Hopefully there will be some exclusives that take my disposable income.

hes-just-not-that-into-you-.jpg

Since I'm a collector, it's tough to say. I want all of them.

I'd have to say first on my list is the Battle for Geonosis. Luminara and Rex in what looks to be a pretty affordable set. The main model looks pretty good, except for that blasted Technic cannon in the middle :sick:

The T-6 is good for minifig hunters, but the main model is pretty disappointing.

Definitely 7929 Battle of Naboo: Large amount of battle droids, awesome new gungans, so it's just the best set of wave 1 next year. :thumbup:

~ General Magma

Edited by General Magma

The Battle for Geonosis.

A cheap way to get Rex, an awesome Luminala fig and a beautifully designed proton cannon. You can never have enough droids, so the KDs and the SKD are nice as well.

All in all it's a great way to reinforce your droid army as well as your clone army.

Battle of Naboo could have been the best set, but the terrible color makes it so much worse. The battle packs are nice, but they aren't real sets, at least not in my opinion.

The only set that really interests me in this wave is 7929 The Battle of Naboo.

How can I resist new Gungans + 10 Battle Droids? (I don't have any Battle Droids! :cry_sad:)

It's interesting how so many people are praising Jar Jar Binks, a character that was (nearly) universally despised! :laugh:

EDIT: And now I am a 'Vassal'. :tongue:

Edited by autobrick

I love all the sets but I can only pick one well easy choice as all the others have something to bother me :sceptic:

Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship: Aurra Sing (Finally) Embo(Second best bounty hunter) And Awesome Sugi. A great ship with even greater minifigs :tongue:

I would have said Battle For Geonosis if we got either Geonosians or a new Clone Trooper or Clone varition :vader:

The only set that really interests me in this wave is 7929 The Battle of Naboo.

How can I resist new Gungans + 10 Battle Droids? (I don't have any Battle Droids! :cry_sad:)

It's interesting how so many people are praising Jar Jar Binks, a character that was (nearly) universally despised! :laugh:

EDIT: And now I am a 'Vassal'. :tongue:

Don't worry, Jar Jar is still nearly universally despised. They just did a great job with the design.

The T-6 is good for minifig hunters, but the main model is pretty disappointing.

What part of the main model is disappointing to you?

Lord Embo

Edited by Lord Embo

January waves are usually fairly mediocre, this year however I'm planning to get every set

It's not the greatest collection of sets going but, helped by the figs, they are all good enough

January waves are usually fairly mediocre, this year however I'm planning to get every set

Since I don't know what the Summer sets look like, I can't say that I'm going to get all of the sets released next year, but I intend to get all the January sets. I'm just concerned about the prices of these sets.

Lord Embo

My favorite is by far is the "Battle of Naboo". A great set for minifigs, 10 droids!, 2 awesome gungans! :wub:

None of them are stellar for me as the Battle of Endor or Echo Base sets were, but like many others my favorite would be the Battle of Naboo.

All the sets have merit, but my favorite by just a nose....the Bounty Hunter Gunship....I like the ship and we get Sing ! :devil:

Keep on waiting for 2011 ! :grin:

All the sets have merit, but my favorite by just a nose....the Bounty Hunter Gunship....I like the ship and we get Sing ! :devil:

Keep on waiting for 2011 ! :grin:

I like that one the best too! And don't forget Embo, and I mean, who doesn't love dark green?

I don't get why everyone likes the battle of Naboo. Besides the figs, the carrier sucks!

I don't get why everyone likes the battle of Naboo. Besides the figs, the carrier sucks!

It's the redesigned Gungan and Jar Jar! :grin: I personally don't mind the carrier and think the set is a good army builder for droids, which are usually not seen in sets too often because there is less vehicles for droids than there is for Clones. I too :wub: the new Gungan and Jar Jar figures, even though Jar Jar in The Clone Wars is a very strange character. They're perfect examples of how TLG is raising the standards of their minifigs. I look at the new Jar Jar and think: that's what 11 years between releases can do to a minifigure and set.

Lord Embo

Edited by Lord Embo

It's the redesigned Gungan and Jar Jar! :grin: I personally don't mind the carrier and think the set is a good army builder for droids, which are usually not seen in sets too often because there is less vehicles for droids than there is for Clones. I too :wub: the new Gungan and Jar Jar figures, even though Jar Jar in The Clone Wars is a very strange character. They're perfect examples of how TLG is raising the standards of their minifigs. I look at the new Jar Jar and think: that's what 11 years between releases can do to a minifigure and set.

Lord Embo

Exactly, all you've talked about are the figs!

I dont like the sets at all. the seem totally about the minifigs. The minifigs themself are really impressive . I think I will only buy the battle of naboo

Nothing really. If you held a gun to my head, I guess I'd say the V-wing. But I don't plan on getting any of them.

I like the Clone BP! :grin:

Agreed. I love the new speeder design, the idea to use skis as stabilizers is fantastic.

I'm also interested in the Battle of Geonosis and Geonosian Fighter, as well as possibly the Republic Frigate, as long as it doesn't end up like the Venator!

Mine has to be the battle of Geonosis: New Jedi, another opportunity to ge Rex and a decent model.

The mando pack will be a nice addition too

My favorite would have to be the battle of geonosis. I just :wub: everything about it. Coming in second would have to be battle of naboo for obvious reasons.