jono rocky

how to get gear wheels 6542 to mesh

G'day all. i just downloaded LDD4 and started making my gearbox but i cant get the gear wheels (6542) to mesh/lign(rotate) up together. is there a trick to it or dosnt that gear rotate.all the other gears lign up well just not that one.

You must rotate gears, so they mesh (tooth gears must not touch).

I can do that with every gear except that one, dont know if its just me but ive tried reinstalling the programe and it still wont rotate it. its not the computer or graphics card cause there barley using any processing power for the programe. tried ldd3 and it works but 4 has more parts and is better allround. tried putting it against other gears but it wont rotate to suit.(its the 16 tooth clutch gear).

I just ran LDD4 and tried to rotate the gear, I can't even get it to spin by itself; so it seems you've most likely stumbled across a brick error/glitch. Probably should be posted in the brick error topic, which I guess I'll go do now with a link to this thread.

I just ran LDD4 and tried to rotate the gear, I can't even get it to spin by itself; so it seems you've most likely stumbled across a brick error/glitch. Probably should be posted in the brick error topic, which I guess I'll go do now with a link to this thread.

Ok thanks, sorry didnt see the brick error topic. But glad to see im still sort of sane and my computer dosnt need a swimming lesson. cheers

Ok thanks, sorry didnt see the brick error topic. But glad to see im still sort of sane and my computer dosnt need a swimming lesson. cheers

Oh, no need to apologize! ^^; I don't think you did anything wrong - I just meant to be helpful. Here's hoping the brick gets fixed though so you can use it!

I can't rotate it either. Could it be that the clutch teeth that are adjacent to the hole are too close to whatever axle is put in, so it prevents the gear from rotating?

Edited by Brickdoctor

While not that piece, I've also had troubles with posing some movable pieces. Once I finish the strip, you'll be able to see the dragon parts I'm talking about, but the neck and head pieces don't like moving without some manipulation of moving them then replacing them and the bottom jaw doesn't want to move at all. I'll post the strip with a copy of this post in LDD4 bugs a bit later. I thought it was because they were attached to a couple manipulated chain pieces, but removing the chains didn't change the immobility.

I am trying to get a 4m axle into an angle element but it won't fit. I don't know how to send an attachment so can someone send me their e-mail? I will attach the LDD file to there then.

@matthewclso

Create a brickshelf account here, then hotlink the files.

BrickShelf allow to create galleries of both images and cad files related with LEGO.