Hinckley

FABULAND Fire Station

builders_guild.gif

Then again, maybe I'll get to posting some more tonight:

Brekyn Bulldog, the FABULAND Fire Chief

01.jpg

Full Gallery on BrickZone.net

All of my FABULAND creations

I wasn't too happy with this one when I first finished it, but it grew on me the second time I built it. It was pulverized during the great Brickworld UPS shipping disaster of 2010. The randomization of bricks is a new technique I like to utilize. Don't look, just grab. The random effect is very cool, in my opinion. The four types of brick are tan, tan tile on headlight bricks, new medium nougat and some very special FABULAND brown bricks. :grin:

Some other shots of the Fire Station:

I've been meaning to use this arch for a modular City Train Station but it hasn't yet come to fruition.

07.jpg

I've had a silver bucket for a while in hope I would need a bell for something.

09.jpg

I'm happy with how these doors turned out. But, do they open? :blush: No...

05.jpg

08.jpg

And the truck is a bit of a recycle job, although I do like the style. I don't mind all the trucks in my FABULAND layout being similar. I wish I'd had more time to make this more unique though. There's always time, though...

02.jpg

Full Gallery on BrickZone

Enjoy and, as always, please feel free to leave feedback :sweet: Thanks!

I simply love your fire station Hinckley, The amount of detail you've put into this building is amazing default_thumbup.gif

Too bad non of the doors open,However I do wonder how they get the truck in at night default_tong.gif

Yet another lovely creation by our Fabuland master Hinckley :thumbup:

The archway and truck are really nice, as well as the brick work on the front and the ivy on the side of the garage. The style of the bell little tower speaks of Mexican buildings to me, but it's probably common in other parts of the Americas, I suppose :wink:

But wait, is that CopMike who got a new job, or is it one of his numerous and industrious rlatives? *huh*

This is absolutely my favorite from your layout. I really like the cartooney architectural details.

Hello!

It's fantastic to see those old elements again! I can remember those from years ago. :classic: What I really find impressive is the combination of Fabuland pieces with conventiona bricks which are used in such well thought out manner that they look like Fabuland elements. The green gate for example. They fire car is an eycatcher itself as well. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Fantastic Fabuland creation Hinckley! Great work on the fire station with the unique bell tower, but it's the classic fire-truck that is the winner for me in this MOC. :thumbup:

Wow this is great I love the arch way and the truck actually looks great by my standards :sweet:

Thanks. It's the same as my old Gordon Gorilla truck though. I threw it together after the pulverization during shipping happened. I was a little short on vehicles in the whole layout...

See? I've ripped myself off. I do like that, due to the shipping disaster, one of the headlights is broken. :laugh:

gordon_01.jpg

I simply love your fire station Hinckley, The amount of detail you've put into this building is amazing default_thumbup.gif

Too bad non of the doors open,However I do wonder how they get the truck in at night default_tong.gif

I would love to get those doors working too. However, it's stored at my parents' house now, so I doubt I'll ever get around to that. :cry_sad:

Yet another lovely creation by our Fabuland master Hinckley :thumbup:

The archway and truck are really nice, as well as the brick work on the front and the ivy on the side of the garage. The style of the bell little tower speaks of Mexican buildings to me, but it's probably common in other parts of the Americas, I suppose :wink:

But wait, is that CopMike who got a new job, or is it one of his numerous and industrious rlatives? *huh*

It is a bit Spanish, isn't it? It's hard to avoid that with those tile roofs, but the bell tower makes it real spanishy, huh? :laugh: That is CopMike's cousin, Brekyn. Quite the industrious family. I believe CopMike had some firefighters in his family, but in danger of getting too personal, I believe I'll let him tell those stories if he so pleases.

This is absolutely my favorite from your layout. I really like the cartooney architectural details.

Thanks again, Rick! Help me put 2 and 2 together...again...I think. You were at Brickworld. I insulted you? On the last day of my vacation, my boss called and asked if I would go to Malaysia for four months and I said yes. After that my memory was wiped clean. Not to mention, Brickworld was a whirlwind for me this year.

Hello!

It's fantastic to see those old elements again! I can remember those from years ago. :classic: What I really find impressive is the combination of Fabuland pieces with conventiona bricks which are used in such well thought out manner that they look like Fabuland elements. The green gate for example. They fire car is an eycatcher itself as well. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Mixing conventional elements with FABULAND elements is a style I love, but can't take credit for. My original inspiration for building this way came from SirNadroj's "Goat's House." He's brilliant, isn't he? I would have to call him the Father of the Fabuland Builders Guild.

Fantastic Fabuland creation Hinckley! Great work on the fire station with the unique bell tower, but it's the classic fire-truck that is the winner for me in this MOC. :thumbup:

Thank you again, sir! :sweet:

Thanks again, Rick! Help me put 2 and 2 together...again...I think. You were at Brickworld. I insulted you? On the last day of my vacation, my boss called and asked if I would go to Malaysia for four months and I said yes. After that my memory was wiped clean. Not to mention, Brickworld was a whirlwind for me this year.

Nonono, I wasn't at Brickworld. You just showed your layout in full here on EB immediately after the event.

And I swear, I know nothing about the memory wiping... :devil: Plus, I don't think you've ever insulted me so far. The Dutch are pretty hard to insult, you know...

Doors that can't be opened are not very nice in case of fire, but maybe there is never fire in Fabuland so the FD is just there because it's a nice building :classic:

Anyway, you did a good job. I especially like the arch and the chrome bell. :thumbup:

Nice work, Hinck! Love how you've done that arch :wub: . Is there anything to see on the inside?