Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

FABULAND Mason's Cottage

builders_guild.gif

Another MOC from this year's Brickworld.

Gordon Gorilla, FABULAND Mason

001.jpg

I meant to post this sooner, but as has been the case for me lately. Life just kept getting in the way. I'll try to get all the MOCs from Brickworld up this week, but you'll probably see them after Thanksgiving :laugh:

I apologize for the poor photography. I had to do a makeshift photo setup in my parents' basement the night before I left to go back to San Diego. I'm leaving the Fabuland Builder's Guild creations at my parents' house so they will be easy to bring to Brickworld every Summer. As much as it hurts to not have them with me, it's better than shipping them to Chicago only to open the box and find them all pulverized...which is exactly what happened to me this year...

Full Gallery on BrickZone.net

My other FABULAND creations

Does this MOC look familiar? That is because it is a re-build of a MOC intended for the Kingdom of the Lakes, my "Castle" story which is now three years late... :blush: The original MOC was Pell's Cottage, which I have actually removed from BrickZone.net to prepare for the first chapter of Kingdom of the Lakes, coming God only knows when. But, it's written and ready to be filmed, just a lot of building standing in the way. Pell's role has changed considerably since I first started writing. He is no longer a woodcutter and has no use for a quaint little cottage. Interesting tidbit for those who follow my website: Even if Pell's character hadn't changed the figure needed to. When I first joined Eurobricks, I grabbed a photo of the Pell figure and used it as my avatar. Pell has become Hinckley, the bucket-stealing wedgie victim. He would be wildly inappropriate to use to portray Pell.

More pics from this MOC:

003.jpg

I'm particularly fond of this door:

005.jpg

And yet another complicated chimney to discuss:

007.jpg

Full Gallery on BrickZone.net

Enjoy! And, as always, feel free to leave feedback. :sweet: Thanks.

You know this is one of my favourite Fabuland MOCs from you, right?

The house is small, almost like a mortar and stone hut, and it fits Gordon Gorilla a lot. The chemney and the dome ceiling are really good points that complete the overall hut look (somewhat reminding of Hagrid's Hut, too). The only thing I find a bit out of place is the red 'fence'; it would look better in a less aggressive colour, imo :blush:

Now, about the Kingdom of the Lakes, how about you start some serious work on it when you get back to the States? :laugh::thumbup:

Hello!

The additiona blue ornaments under arch above the door fit in perfectly. And it's nice to see that large octagonal dome piece included. The way you used it let it appear like a long lost original Fabuland piece. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

You know this is one of my favourite Fabuland MOCs from you, right?

The house is small, almost like a mortar and stone hut, and it fits Gordon Gorilla a lot. The chemney and the dome ceiling are really good points that complete the overall hut look (somewhat reminding of Hagrid's Hut, too). The only thing I find a bit out of place is the red 'fence'; it would look better in a less aggressive colour, imo :blush:

Now, about the Kingdom of the Lakes, how about you start some serious work on it when you get back to the States? :laugh::thumbup:

Oh God, I think it's actually a complete rip-off of Hagrid's Hut, now that you mention it. :blush: :blush: I believe that's where the pattern of the octagon came from. It's been so long since I built the original I can't remember, but I'm afraid it is.... Ooops. More of a MOD than a MOC now, isn't it? As for the red, I agree. I want both pieces to be the same color, so my other choices are white and yellow. I went with red, but perhaps I should completely reconsider the trellis. Maybe it can be white and come away from the house forming a little patio or something...

Kingdom of the Lakes finally has dialogue, for at least one full issue. (It'll be another comic) My other new comics have new scripts ready too. :devil: I've had some time out here in Malaysia to catch up. :wink:

The way you used it let it appear like a long lost original Fabuland piece. :classic:

Thanks... :look: Thanks! What an excellent compliment. I really appreciate it. :blush:

Another lovely Fabuland creation, I just love the textured chimney wall and the foliage on the front door. Great job as always Hinckley! :thumbup:

Thank you sir! :sweet: